Greg Schiano

No ****, really?

You said kids deal with him because it's their best offer, but don't think it would work here?

Nothing but good comments from the OSU side, plenty of positivity. So much so he was all set to be the DC for the best in the NFL, but didn't last minute.

People say things here and run with it. You've got a former player talking 20 and some change years ago. People do learn. People do change. People tend to mellow as they age. If he can demand the respect of players at OSU, he could do it here.
You heard OSU make comments but have a former player say he was a egotistical jackass and one of best insiders echo the same thing. NFL players have went public and stated they don’t care to much for him. People change as the get older but not that much.

Advertisement
You heard OSU make comments but have a former player say he was a egotistical jackass and one of best insiders echo the same thing. NFL players have went public and stated they don’t care to much for him. People change as the get older but not that much.

Former player who was coached by him 20 plus years ago. Talk about outdated info. Insider who's probably never met the man. That's a wrap then in your head, umm, okay.

A lot of NFL players can't stand most coaches. They're a bunch of overpaid babies. The best in the business, Bill Belicheck, how many player fans does he have outside of his team?

Egotistical, man, met many coaches in your life? Welcome to most coaches.

When you've been so hungry for so long, even a week old dry bread looks appetizing.
I absolutely don't mind him being in the mix.

Last edited:
The same names, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Schiano is a competent coach, on his best day. That said, it's not an accident that Rutgers only became decent once everyone worth a **** left the old Big East and he was basically in a glorified Conference USA. Let's look at who Rutgers has played this year.

Temple
Syracuse
Delaware

Hardly murderer's row right there. Temple has been dreadful the last couple of years, Babers is on the hot seat at Cuse and Delaware is an FCS program, even though they've historically been decent at that level. Let's see where Rutgers is at at the end of the season before we crown Schiano. Schiano's message plays well at a place like Rutgers, where the expectations are extremely low. They just want consistent bowl eligibility and Schiano can deliver that, with his penchant for weak OOC scheduling and ability to beat on garbage.

I'll never understand why our fanbase loves these retread guys. There's a reason why Tennessee was laughed at when they tried to hire him, there's a reason why major programs ignore him. He's a coach that programs that want to win big won't hire, because he has an obvious ceiling and with his known issues dealing with people, can run a program into the ground. He isn't a tactical genius, he isn't a super strong recruiter. He's the kind of guy that works at a lower level P5 school like Rutgers or at the midmajor level.

Advertisement
I just said he's a good Coach, and he is, didn't mean I'd hire him at Miami, just that he be an upgrade over Diaz.

It wouldn't matter, Miami ain't touching Schiano with that baggage. Only baggage guy I'm taking is the man who beat Saban, Hugh Freeze. Schiano, like Lane and Cristobal, would have been the better hire but IMO those ships have sailed.
He is definitely a good coach. I don't take credit from people who deserve it. But if upgrade is all you want, I mean **** if any of y'all are available we can make it happen.

You also have to account for the difference in his personality & in large part inner city kids opposed to a bunch of rural country kids. Absolutely people can change. They can grow. As of two years ago which was the last time I spoke to him,I'd say he's that same person. He could absolutely win here don't get me wrong. Because he plays very sound fundamental football. But our peaks with him aren't anywhere close to Mario or mark. Both of those could quickly get us back to being elite. I don't think that's in schiano. But just my opinion.

Before Schiano came back to Rutgers last season, they hadn’t won a big ten game in 3 seasons and were riding a 21-game losing streak. He won 3 big ten games his first season, pretty incredible. He also has Rutgers 3-0 right now for the first time since 2012.

Rutgers typically has bottom 2 or 3 recruiting classes every year in the big ten, and he has their 2022 class sitting at #4 in the big ten right now.

He signed an 8-year $32M contract with Rutgers, but has an unusually low buyout that drops to $4M in December. To me, I don’t think he gets that in his contract unless he’s thinking about possibly jumping to a bigger program down the road. It seems kind of crazy to have 6 years/$24M left on your contract and only a $4M buyout.

I remember he wanted the UM job bad back in 2015, I wouldn’t be surprised if he still has us on his radar. And it sounds like UM was ready to hire him until Richt became available.
That's not true at all....

Advertisement
A guy like this is exactly what we need to beat these divas into shape to maximize our talent and bring in underdogs with a chip on their shoulder like the old days:

Train , play and coach till exhaustion this is the key to victory.

We would lose to Rutgers no doubt wouldn’t be close.

A Zo and Mark Stoops combination would be deadly. Stoops has kept his teams competitive in the SEC with a roster that’s less talented than every program outside of Vandy.

Give him the resources he needs and watch what he can do with a team that has a more talented roster than every ACC team outside of Clemson. We would be a well-coached, disciplined team that wouldn’t be an embarrassment on the national stage. Sign me the Fvck up.

Mark Stoops is responsible for Kentucky’s 3rd 10 win season in HISTORY

His team was down to a WR playing QB and destroyed Louisville and beat VT in their bowl game two years ago.

He has one of the best offensive lines in college this year

Guys a good coach just depends on how he would fare in recruiting down here

Bill Clark from UAB would be another good choice, just depends if a good ol Bama guy wants to come down here

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mark Stoops is responsible for Kentucky’s 3rd 10 win season in HISTORY

His team was down to a WR playing QB and destroyed Louisville and beat VT in their bowl game two years ago.

He has one of the best offensive lines in college this year

Guys a good coach just depends on how he would fare in recruiting down here

Bill Clark from UAB would be another good choice, just depends if a good ol Bama guy wants to come down here
I would totally be down for Mark Stoops. The ONLY thing you could possibly say is that he hasn't won on a grand scale, but he's at Kentucky!! He's absolutely proven himself and I would be delighted if he was the one who accepted the job.

Regarding recruiting, I have no idea what his rep is on that front, but I can tell you that if we win 10 games or more in a season, and all indications are that he would probably get that done, then he will get plenty of talent.

I think Schiano could do it, but upon further reflection, I might move Mark up to 3rd place, just behind Mario and Lane.

Advertisement
Back