Greg Cote article 10/04/2021

Advertisement
Exactly i mentioned this few weeks ago... its easier to fork over $$$$ when asked when your getting results on the field and winning consistently
Winning brings everything: more $$, more merchandise sales, more season tickets sales, etc, etc, which means, oh yeah, more $$ for the school.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Blake is just in charge of fundraising or in some other capacity, not the AD in charge of football would Mario have a problem with that? I can see why Mario would not want that little punk as his boss, but Mario would not have to listen to Flake.

We need to stop trying to rehabilitate Beta Blake into something that allows him to remain gainfully employed at Miami.

His fund-raising is not good. Full stop. He is being "judged" as an adequate sports fund-raiser by people who have not bothered to inspect the financials of our ACC competition.

Beta Blake is not some revered and ancient UM alum who has been around for decades, and who can be put out to pasture as some sort of stud fund-raising horse. He is a sneaky little weasel who has hired nearly everyone in the UM Athletic Department, and you cannot set him up in a broom closet to lick his wounds and work his Rolodex.

If we can ever get a majority of the Board of Trustees to acknowledge that Beta Blake has been a FAILURE as Athletic Director, then there is no place for him anymore. At all. He needs to go back to Maine or some other non-Power-Five program that will view $11 million per year as some sort of fund-raising holy grail.

This story lines up with my sources in the BOT, who tell me that higher ups regularly tell Blake to get on all fours and bark like a dog for their amusement and he does so without a moment's hesitation.

Beta Blake's new photo for the Media Guide...

1633377414236.jpeg

Advertisement
We know that.

Theres a group that like him because of his fundraising , then there’s a lot of people that thinks thats bs , he’s overrated. He has support and detractors.

I just cant understand how you can support him, he’s terrible at the job.

This is the part that drives me crazy. Our millionaire Trustees should be capable of using facts and statistics. I have never understood why they can't Google the fund-raising numbers of other schools in our conference, and then come to the unavoidable conclusion that Beta Blake's numbers lag behind.

I do think that a lot of it has to do with Beta Blake being in control of the narrative and the spin cycle for over 8 years. The very fact that he got at least one Trustee and/or sportswriter to repeat his "my hands were tied" lie about being "forced" to hire Manny is a major win for The Beta Blake Miami Excuse Spinz Machine.

Advertisement
I would love to ask some of these people if they would trust him to run a key department of their personal companies. If the answer is no or there is a hesitation, then he should not be running the athletic department of a university.

And if the answer is yes, FORCE THEM TO HIRE BETA BLAKE FOR THEIR PERSONAL COMPANIES.

Advertisement
Back