Greg Cote article 10/04/2021

The only thing that would make sense with how fast manny was hired was if Richt said he wouldn’t take the buy out if they hired manny.

And I know that is still so incompetent.

Advertisement
Hes in a real bad spot, if he fires Manny that means his experiment failed. He failed. If he doesnt fire him the noise gets louder and the more focus he gets. Hes in a lose lose.

He's in a lose-lose?

He created this situation. Blake is incompetent. Anytime your boss/supervisor/etc is telling you how to feel, they dont respect your actual opinion.

This entire situation screams of incompetence.

Do you know Miami FLO? He claims that something has been decided and that players were told that Manny was terminated and an announcement was coming this week. Is he legit? He also talked about a Football only AD and that the alumni were getting money together to fund this. Seems far fetched but I'm curious.
He didn't say that. He said there are rumors that they fired Manny, and Gurvan Halls people are saying it too. Also there's a rumor that Hall maybe hurt and done for the remainder of Oct. Also there is a group of former players that has put together alot of money, but are only gonna give to the football program if Blake and Manny is axed. He said its rumored to be around 15 mil and getting larger by the day.

Hes in a real bad spot, if he fires Manny that means his experiment failed. He failed. If he doesnt fire him the noise gets louder and the more focus he gets. Hes in a lose lose.
Only worse if we get demolished by UNC. Which we probably will.

Nothing new here, just passing it along. Blake James knows he’s toast and going down with Manny.

I was curious why Richt resigning at the time he did required BJ to rush into hiring Manny. That part makes no sense

I know several members of UM’s Board of Trustees, a couple of them for decades. I reached out to get a temperature read on Diaz’s job status and one texted back Monday: “Blake [James, the athletic director] is getting impatient because people above him are telling him to get impatient.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article254745087.html#storylink=cpy

Just read.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm calling total BS on this snippet:

"My trustee source mentioned James hired Diaz without a national search because of the timing of Mark Richt’s resignation. James’ hands were tied to a degree."

I remember when CMR stepped down, there was noise in the fan base right after the Pinstripe Bowl that he might retire because he was likely going to have to fire his son. Not to mention that we had a terrible season and you always need to be thinking of HC replacements in a bad season.

How could Blake James "hands be totally tied?" How was he oblivious to the speculation CMR might retire. How was BJ not prepared for a contingency that CMR would not be the HC next season ? And even if he was not prepared, that does not mean you rush into hiring CMD. Surely he knows that choosing the right FB coach is probably the most important decision he will make as AD. Just total lack of awareness and perpetration, plus further awful decision making. There's a lot of justification that he needs to be removed from his position.

Advertisement
So, Blake is being told to get impatient? Either Mr. Cote misquoted his friendly source or Blake is brain dead.

He's in a lose-lose?

He created this situation. Blake is incompetent. Anytime your boss/supervisor/etc is telling you how to feel, they dont respect your actual opinion.

This entire situation screams of incompetence.
We know that.

Theres a group that like him because of his fundraising , then there’s a lot of people that thinks thats bs , he’s overrated. He has support and detractors.

I just cant understand how you can support him, he’s terrible at the job.

Advertisement
We know that.

Theres a group that like him because of his fundraising , then there’s a lot of people that thinks thats bs , he’s overrated. He has support and detractors.

I just cant understand how you can support him, he’s terrible at the job.
I would love to ask some of these people if they would trust him to run a key department of their personal companies. If the answer is no or there is a hesitation, then he should not be running the athletic department of a university.

Last edited:
But in order to save his a$$, this has to work, right? So he might as well let it ride out as long as possible, so you’re saying Flake has entered desperation mode?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Blake must be looking for other opportunities to not be impatient or realize he's on the chopping block.

Advertisement
Back