Greg Cote article 10/04/2021

Advertisement
the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif

On record, who's your realistic choice? We'll see how he compares down the road...
Compares down the road huh. None of them have Nike money, two are not in ****** conferences, but sure I'll play your game.

No, not flavor of the month, I thought we should have called this guy before, but Stoops. Campbell is doing things, and Chadwell is someone you should talk too. Chadwell has limited work and he may need to step up first, but worth a call. There are a few more, but like I said, I will played your game. Now tell me, which of these programs have the facilities of Oregon in relation to football? Also, rank the conferences while you are at it among the three P5 teams as well.

Look, I get it, you are a Mario fan, as someone that has seen him coach I can't understand the infatuation. If he lost here and there in a big game, sure, I could go with him, but this guy losing to unranked teams when he controls his destiny to the playoffs, no thanks.

Advertisement
Compares down the road huh. None of them have Nike money, two are not in ****** conferences, but sure I'll play your game.

No, not flavor of the month, I thought we should have called this guy before, but Stoops. Campbell is doing things, and Chadwell is someone you should talk too. Chadwell has limited work and he may need to step up first, but worth a call. There are a few more, but like I said, I will played your game. Now tell me, which of these programs have the facilities of Oregon in relation to football? Also, rank the conferences while you are at it among the three P5 teams as well.

Look, I get it, you are a Mario fan, as someone that has seen him coach I can't understand the infatuation. If he lost here and there in a big game, sure, I could go with him, but this guy losing to unranked teams when he controls his destiny to the playoffs, no thanks.
For the record, I’m not a Mario “fan”. I think he’s the most likely big splash hire option available that wouldn’t leave us first chance for more $$. IF he came here, it would be for the right reason.

I don’t disagree about your coRch assessment. Butch Davis was too. I’m just ok with having to “out-talent” people with a guy who can out-gather talent.

Mark Stoops is a great backup option IMO. Would not be a big splash but that’s overrated. A bit of weird dude but might work. Not sure of buyout #s

Campbell isn’t a real option IMO. Signed extension in ‘21 through 2028. We can’t afford that buyout.

Chadwell is an affordable option but not sure we can take the risk. Winning in the sunbelt, while commendable, isn’t a guarantee for restoring a former powerhouse.

Not sure why you are so hostile. You are in the minority (to put it nicely) on thinking Cristobal coming to Miami would be a bad thing. Nationally, they’d be crowning the U as “back”. He might not be the man for the job.. but you can’t go calling people stupid for thinking he is. Just a thought.

I’d kick the tires on some nfl names (not saying Dan Quinn but guys like that, maybe Joe Brady) along with any other college coaches. I don’t want 10 million dollar buyouts (MC, Stoops, Kiffin, etc) if we can’t afford a staff to go with it. At that point, we might as well go with retreads like Herman/B.O.B. & hope they can turn it around. I don’t know who “the guy” is.. I just know it’s not Manny Diaz.

Players “ know what’s up”. No thinking about it.
So… we know that manny Sr was involved in the decision to turn down Alonzo, and keep the status quo… what about now? Is his meddling the reason that Manny Jr is still employed ? And possibly why this BS “reassignment” talk is is happening?

For the record, I’m not a Mario “fan”. I think he’s the most likely big splash hire option available that wouldn’t leave us first chance for more $$. IF he came here, it would be for the right reason.

I don’t disagree about your coRch assessment. Butch Davis was too. I’m just ok with having to “out-talent” people with a guy who can out-gather talent.

Mark Stoops is a great backup option IMO. Would not be a big splash but that’s overrated. A bit of weird dude but might work. Not sure of buyout #s

Campbell isn’t a real option IMO. Signed extension in ‘21 through 2028. We can’t afford that buyout.

Chadwell is an affordable option but not sure we can take the risk. Winning in the sunbelt, while commendable, isn’t a guarantee for restoring a former powerhouse.

Not sure why you are so hostile. You are in the minority (to put it nicely) on thinking Cristobal coming to Miami would be a bad thing. Nationally, they’d be crowning the U as “back”. He might not be the man for the job.. but you can’t go calling people stupid for thinking he is. Just a thought.

I’d kick the tires on some nfl names (not saying Dan Quinn but guys like that, maybe Joe Brady) along with any other college coaches. I don’t want 10 million dollar buyouts (MC, Stoops, Kiffin, etc) if we can’t afford a staff to go with it. At that point, we might as well go with retreads like Herman/B.O.B. & hope they can turn it around. I don’t know who “the guy” is.. I just know it’s not Manny Diaz.
Not sure why you feel a different opinion is hostile. You say something about Mario on this board and up until this week you get attacked.

I am not okay with just trying to out talent other teams. I want a staff that can develop the talent, and transform them as we once did. For years I have watch talent walk in the door and not get drafted or get under drafted due to poor development and coaching. That is unfair to the players. We need a guy like Butch, since you mentioned his name, that can find the right kids, but one that can utilize their talent. I want to see these kids rewarded for playing at Miami, and not just by the education, and now the stipend.

I really do not care about the buyout, UM has the money, but it is about the fit. We can spend $10M on Mario, but we will not be elite. He is not the guy. Richt was burned out, called it, but hoped he would work out. Was on the Golden wagon as I hoped it would work out. I am tried of hoping it will work out. I knew, like many here Manny would be the failure he has been. He is exactly what they want, a guy that will not ruffle feathers. That guy will not succeed at UM. These kids do not respond to that.

Hes in a real bad spot, if he fires Manny that means his experiment failed. He failed. If he doesnt fire him the noise gets louder and the more focus he gets. Hes in a lose lose.
Man I hate to hear this. It sounds like they will give manny a chance to save Blake’s ***. The only spot Blake should be concerned with is his spot in the unemployment line. It shouldn’t take the “noise” getting louder for him to go. Fire his *** already so a competent AD can have half a season to evaluate the program in season, and make a educated determination on what this program needs. The BOT and frenk are going to **** this up SMH.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back