Greg Cote article 10/04/2021

Cane6

GreenTree All-Star
Nothing new here, just passing it along. Blake James knows he’s toast and going down with Manny.

I was curious why Richt resigning at the time he did required BJ to rush into hiring Manny. That part makes no sense

I know several members of UM’s Board of Trustees, a couple of them for decades. I reached out to get a temperature read on Diaz’s job status and one texted back Monday: “Blake [James, the athletic director] is getting impatient because people above him are telling him to get impatient.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article254745087.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I know several members of UM’s Board of Trustees, a couple of them for decades. I reached out to get a temperature read on Diaz’s job status and one texted back Monday: “Blake [James, the athletic director] is getting impatient because people above him are telling him to get impatient.
Pretty much sums up BJ. He doesn't care unless the people above him care. He doesn't appear to be proactive about anything.

Hes in a real bad spot, if he fires Manny that means his experiment failed. He failed. If he doesnt fire him the noise gets louder and the more focus he gets. Hes in a lose lose.
Do you know Miami FLO? He claims that something has been decided and that players were told that Manny was terminated and an announcement was coming this week. Is he legit? He also talked about a Football only AD and that the alumni were getting money together to fund this. Seems far fetched but I'm curious.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Alex Jones... I hope you are right my man... and you usually are... So you are in the Blake fires Manny and then Blake gets fired later camp? I was hoping that a message was going to be sent by smacking them both at the same time . Any clarity?
Gun to my head I’d say he’s gone. Possibly reassigned / different position , he just leaves or is fired. Imo being reassigned makes most people happy. He’s not the Ad and he stays to help with fundraising. If Mario is the guy I see no way how that works , that’s why I feel the way I do. On top of all that I was told after manny was hired “ they will sink or swim together“.

As of today I’ve heard nothing i‘m just basing this off of everything I’ve mentioned.

Do you know Miami FLO? He claims that something has been decided and that players were told that Manny was terminated and an announcement was coming this week. Is he legit? He also talked about a Football only AD and that the alumni were getting money together to fund this. Seems far fetched but I'm curious.
I’ve said the last week manny is dead man walking. It’s a when not if. Everyone around the program knows. Pre Msu i posted “if he loses he’s on the hot seat”.

Gun to my head I’d say he’s gone. Possibly reassigned / different position , he just leaves or is fired. Imo being reassigned makes most people happy. He’s not the Ad and he stays to help with fundraising. If Mario is the guy I see no way how that works , that’s why I feel the way I do. On top of all that I was told after manny was hired “ they will sink or swim together“.

As of today I’ve heard nothing i‘m just basing this off of everything I’ve mentioned.
If Blake is just in charge of fundraising or in some other capacity, not the AD in charge of football would Mario have a problem with that? I can see why Mario would not want that little punk as his boss, but Mario would not have to listen to Flake.

Advertisement
Back