Great article for the Tate haters.....

I disagree. Dorsey was the difference. In 1999 when he took over for Kelly we looked like a different team. Dorsey usually made good decisions quickly and had a fairly accurate arm. That is a big part of the reason he rarely got sacked and our team began to score lots of points. Dorsey used the middle of the field and play action to shred teams. Dude was legit.

These are fair points but the guy said "great quarterback". Those traits you described resemble a good quarterback. A great quarterback would've produced a lot more with that surrounding talent in my opinion.

Advertisement
I disagree. Dorsey was the difference. In 1999 when he took over for Kelly we looked like a different team. Dorsey usually made good decisions quickly and had a fairly accurate arm. That is a big part of the reason he rarely got sacked and our team began to score lots of points. Dorsey used the middle of the field and play action to shred teams. Dude was legit.

Dorsey also had a better NFL career than Gino.

his head fakes off play action were so good.
you're right he wasn't afraid of the middle at all.

I miss dorsey and that oline

I said it from the day Tate transferred- it doesn't matter if Kosi or Williams have bigger arms. 9 out of 10 times a defensive minded coach will go with the qb who doesn't throw INTs and can run. Just want the O not to give the opponent extra touches. Running QBs drive D coordinators crazy, Manny is a former D coordinator. Its Tate's job to lose.

Advertisement
Sorry, didn't read the whole thread. What's the consensus on the starting QB?

This is a giant myth. If the "best guy" in camp is Blaine Gabbert and you know it's a mirage and he will revert to being Blaine Gabbert in games, why would you want him to win the job? Likewise if you fear Tate is too small/can't throw, Jarren is unprepared or N'kosi is a poor decision maker who struggles under duress then the same applies. Personally I don't trust N'kosi and that will remain the case until I see him change with my own eyes. His issues are innate and unlikely to resolve regardless of his arm talent. So it follows that I don't want him to win the job.

Is his mom running for president?

I really dont care who is the QB but all this slurping of Martell and hate on Perry makes me pull for Perry.

You’ve got ***** on the mind? Nobody’s slurping. Perry should have doubters. He needed to show he wanted the job more than Rosier and he couldn’t. Richt couldn’t even trust Perry to audible and have that duty to the center. Then we’ve seen Perry complete 5/24 passes in a game. I hope he proves us wrong and balls out but he has to prove it.

Of course, Tate gets the benefit of the doubt until he screws up.

I said it from the day Tate transferred- it doesn't matter if Kosi or Williams have bigger arms. 9 out of 10 times a defensive minded coach will go with the qb who doesn't throw INTs and can run. Just want the O not to give the opponent extra touches. Running QBs drive D coordinators crazy, Manny is a former D coordinator. Its Tate's job to lose.
I definitely believe Manny prefers Tate, but at the same time, Manny's also going to believe his eyes.

Tate has to outperform the others, and if he doesn't, they're not going to give it to him based on potential.

I think Manny was caught off guard by Perry this Spring tbh.

Advertisement
I definitely believe Manny prefers Tate, but at the same time, Manny's also going to believe his eyes.

Tate has to outperform the others, and if he doesn't, they're not going to give it to him based on potential.

I think Manny was caught off guard by Perry this Spring tbh.

i agree w this. based on what we saw and heard about tate during the spring (his play only), he hasnt done enough to earn the job over perry. i hope both of them push each other all summer and they dont jsut name the QB now when no one has really separated themselves

I believe tate was brought in to start but the bad spring he had threw that plan off. I also believe enos really wanted hurts and that way they could punt on the qb until 2020.

Advertisement
This QB battle is shaping up to be the 2nd coming of Kyle Wright vs. Kirby Freeman

`

I believe tate was brought in to start but the bad spring he had threw that plan off. I also believe enos really wanted hurts and that way they could punt on the qb until 2020.

it was kinda clear that tate was the hurts backup plan no? didnt hurts visit first then tate, but tate pulled the trigger prior to hurts?

Advertisement
That's what i been saying. Dudes running around saying he elite because he completed a bunch of short passes vs rutgers.

this. i hope the best QB wins, but idk if any of the three are currently better than the other based on what weve actually seen. ****, if were using small samples, Jarren was a stud (against savannah state lol). i do think perry based on physical talent has the highest ceiling, but who knows how he develops.

This is a giant myth. If the "best guy" in camp is Blaine Gabbert and you know it's a mirage and he will revert to being Blaine Gabbert in games, why would you want him to win the job? Likewise if you fear Tate is too small/can't throw, Jarren is unprepared or N'kosi is a poor decision maker who struggles under duress then the same applies. Personally I don't trust N'kosi and that will remain the case until I see him change with my own eyes. His issues are innate and unlikely to resolve regardless of his arm talent. So it follows that I don't want him to win the job.

And that may be, but this is Rosier all over again. It can be true that Perry (Rosier) is the best we have and also not very good. Or that he's ok but with a tragic flaw, and yet is still the best option.

Rosier made bad decisions and didn't have great accuracy, but he came up with the play at times. Perry could make the play on natural ability but didn't seem to know what he was supposed to be doing all the time. So maybe you go with Perry on talent or maybe you go with Rosier because he understands what he's supposed to do. Either way, you're getting a flawed package.

So it's all fine to point out what's wrong with a guy, but understand that doesn't mean they aren't our best option.

If I had to choose, I'd take Dorsey's good decision making and accuracy over big arm talent any day. People get a little too into how hard a dude can throw. It's like height; it's a useful trait, but not nearly the first thing you should look for.

Advertisement
Back