Great article for the Tate haters.....

Think about it fellas..............Enos has more on the line than any of our QB's.....
Anything that goes,......... with any QB, he will be called out, and our recruits lined up.............. better step up and produce too, as his picks...
A lot happening at Camp this summer.....
Get ready......

Advertisement
He was a walk-on and left because texas tech didn't offer him a scholarship.

Fair point. The circumstances were certainly different, but even if they were the same it wouldn't prove anything... BUT transfer QBs have had success in major college football recently. There's no denying that.

Advertisement
it was kinda clear that tate was the hurts backup plan no? didnt hurts visit first then tate, but tate pulled the trigger prior to hurts?

IDK if it was so much Tate pulled the trigger first. I remember reading/ hearing that Hurts told the staff before he left that he wasn't coming. I believe they knew a day or so before Martell visited

Hope to god that Tate wins because if doesn't this board will be insufferable. Every duck Kosi/Jarren throws people will be callin for a QB change.

Does that sounds familiar to anyone?

I wouldn't worry about that too much, people are going to btch no matter who wins.

Advertisement
Wait, he's still here? I was assured that if he didn't get named the starter in the spring he'd be gone. Well, I guess even CIS can't be right 100% of the time.
I don't care about the spring. He doesn't win the job and
Wait, he's still here? I was assured that if he didn't get named the starter in the spring he'd be gone. Well, I guess even CIS can't be right 100% of the time.
If he's third string after summer camp then he will definitely transfer. I wouldn't blame him if he did. Tate or Kosi will be the starter.

Produced more? Like 38-2 as a starter, all time leading passer at QB-U, National Champion, Maxwell award winner, Heisman finalist produced...or?

57% completions and 12 INTs as a Senior. 47% completions and 5 INTs against UF and FSU as a Senior. If that happened in 2019 this board would be killing him especially with that supporting cast and coaching staff. Forgive me for thinking that kind of production leaves a lot to be desired and does not represent a great QB. You guys give him a halo effect because he won, often in spite of himself.
🤷‍♂️

And that may be, but this is Rosier all over again. It can be true that Perry (Rosier) is the best we have and also not very good. Or that he's ok but with a tragic flaw, and yet is still the best option.

Rosier made bad decisions and didn't have great accuracy, but he came up with the play at times. Perry could make the play on natural ability but didn't seem to know what he was supposed to be doing all the time. So maybe you go with Perry on talent or maybe you go with Rosier because he understands what he's supposed to do. Either way, you're getting a flawed package.

So it's all fine to point out what's wrong with a guy, but understand that doesn't mean they aren't our best option.

That absolutely could be the case. If Tate can't execute throws and Jarren doesn't know the offense then you have to roll the dice with Perry. He will look good if the offense remains on schedule and in structure. It's when it gets to 3rd and long and he faces exotic coverages and has to deal with pressure that he completely unravels. Those are the instances where I trust Tate a lot more with his playmaking ability.

Advertisement
Got something in the clip for the "Tate can't throw" guys too View attachment 89886
My goodness! If Tate don't get the start I wonder what some of you guys will do?? Bridge jumping?

It's apparent most on here want to see the best guy win the job! But it's getting tiring to see some taking any thing positive about Tate to anoint him the starter! The same article end with some nice praise for Perry and yet that piece was conveniently omitted and not highlighted in big bold letters!! It's funny how Tate comes in here from better coaching and supposedly better credentials to get beat out thus far by a guy that took a year out to ***** around and had subpar coaching! And I don't want to here the lame excuse that Perry and Williams been here before Tate came. Enos wasn't here last year and he has given everybody a new playbook! So all is even!! And all of the OF coaches been given their walking papers from last year!! So none of the coaches teaching OF had a connection to Perry!! But you idiots that can't wait to see how things play out in the QB department will come up with an excuse!! So let here it!!

Advertisement
Getting tired of people hoping to talk someone into being the starting QB

Aint gonna happen.

Whoever wins will do it on the field and be selected by our coaches who want to win ...
NOT by presenting press clippings or the hopes & dreams of fans who favor one over another.

I wish all the competitors all the best....we deserve to have the best QB possible....and I will be fully behind our coaches decision regardless of whoever they select.
I said something very similar to you before I actually read your piece!! I totally agree!! Let's just sit back and see who comes out on top instead of falling in love with a guy when we still have fall practice to go!!

Advertisement
Back