Great article for the Tate haters.....

Jarren is the best brains QB
Kosi has the accuracy Qb
Tate is a play maker QB

Either way boys, we are going to be good. I think VAn Dyke is going to be if you put all three in a blender, and poured it behind Jacari Clark... either way, better than rosier

That's a sad QB room if Perry is considered the "accurate" QB.

Advertisement
Hadn't seen this thread and didn't read through all the pages just now. There are people on a fan message board who hate a guy who can become our starting QB?
No. It's more push back against those who want to crown martell and dismiss the other qbs.

If Enos is half the play caller Bobby Petrino is we win 10 games easy. Look at how often he uses 12 personnel, motions to create separation and mismatches, gets under center at the right times. With the athletes we have we would blow teams out.

No. It's more push back against those who want to crown martell and dismiss the other qbs.

Including pushback against people who have decades of experience evaluating players for a living.

"[Tom] Lemming predicts Martell will join Ken Dorsey as the best UM quarterbacks this century."

Long story short- the biggest difference between Martell and the others is that he puts in the work in the film room. Supposedly Perry and Williams realized they have to step up their studying to compete with Martell (only changed habits because Martell was in the film room from day 1). So you have two QBs who have never taken film study seriously vs a qb who learned to break down film at an elite HS football program playing top tier opponents. These are the facts.

If all 3 QBs have strengths and weaknesses (Perry bigger arm, Tate faster, Jarren more accurate) so that they are essentially tied going into the final month of the off season, the qb who is the most prepared on game day is probably going to be the starting qb.

Advertisement
First thing Manny did was fire the complete offensive staff, everybody. Standing on that sideline watching that offense must of made him sick, knowing at that time there was nothing he could do. There are things I remember from last year in reference to our QB play that's hard to forget ....and I'm sure Manny does as well.
I'm sure Manny and Dan will choose the best player that fits what they're trying to do.

Including pushback against people who have decades of experience evaluating players for a living.

"[Tom] Lemming predicts Martell will join Ken Dorsey as the best UM quarterbacks this century."

Long story short- the biggest difference between Martell and the others is that he puts in the work in the film room. Supposedly Perry and Williams realized they have to step up their studying to compete with Martell (only changed habits because Martell was in the film room from day 1). So you have two QBs who have never taken film study seriously vs a qb who learned to break down film at an elite HS football program playing top tier opponents. These are the facts.

If all 3 QBs have strengths and weaknesses (Perry bigger arm, Tate faster, Jarren more accurate) so that they are essentially tied going into the final month of the off season, the qb who is the most prepared on game day is probably going to be the starting qb.
Lemming is the worst. He also said perry was like lamar jackson. So they are tied based off attributes? So actual performance means nothing? If we are going by performance tate is last because from everyone that seen him in the spring they all say he was bad.

Lemming is the worst. He also said perry was like lamar jackson. So they are tied based off attributes? So actual performance means nothing? If we are going by performance tate is last because from everyone that seen him in the spring they all say he was bad.

Lemming didn't say that about Perry. Here's what he actually said:

“He’s got ability to be a Heisman candidate in three years,” Lemming said by phone. “He can put on another 20 pounds of muscle and then he is going to be quite a specimen. I love him on film. His coach has done a great job of developing him.

“In college football, the majority of teams are moving toward [dual threat quarterbacks], athletic quarterbacks who can beat you with their arm and legs. Perry is well suited for a spread offense. He has Lamar Jackson’s foot quickness. Not quite as fast as Lamar but has a terrific arm.”

And Lemming was correct. Perry did look like he had the ability to be a Heisman candidate coming out of HS. If this was the backyard football league, Perry would probably be in the HOF. Problem is Perry doesn't study film (at least not until now) so all that athleticism will go to waste. It is too easy to fool him with coverages and he will be a turnover machine. He isn't suddenly going to learn to break down film in two months.

Regarding Tates rocky start, I think that comes down to familiarity with the WRs. Williams and Perry both have thrown to most of the WRs before, and having a rapport (innate sense of timing like when the make cuts or catch radius) matters.

And whereas Lemming just said Perry had the ABILITY to be a Heisman candidate in 3 years, he predicts Tate WILL join Dorsey as the best Cane qb in the 21st century. I happen to agree.

Last edited:
Lemming didn't say that about Perry. Here's what he actually said:

“He’s got ability to be a Heisman candidate in three years,” Lemming said by phone. “He can put on another 20 pounds of muscle and then he is going to be quite a specimen. I love him on film. His coach has done a great job of developing him.

“In college football, the majority of teams are moving toward [dual threat quarterbacks], athletic quarterbacks who can beat you with their arm and legs. Perry is well suited for a spread offense. He has Lamar Jackson’s foot quickness. Not quite as fast as Lamar but has a terrific arm.”

And Lemming was correct. Perry did look like he had the ability to be a Heisman candidate coming out of HS. If this was the backyard football league, Perry would probably be in the HOF. Problem is Perry doesn't study film (at least not until now) so all that athleticism will go to waste. It is too easy to fool him with coverages and he will be a turnover machine. He isn't suddenly going to learn to break down film in two months.

And whereas Lemming just said Perry had the ABILITY to be a Heisman candidate in 3 years, he predicts Tate WILL join Dorsey as the best Cane qb in the 21st century. I happen to agree.
So what has tate done? Nobody still has answered this question. The dude struggles throwing the ball but he will be as good as dorsey.

Advertisement
So what has tate done? Nobody still has answered this question. The dude struggles throwing the ball but he will be as good as dorsey.

He studies film, had the highest HS completion % of the 3 against tougher competition, threw only a couple INTs his entire HS career, and he studies film. Did I say that last one twice? Good. Because that matters. Richt literally had to make his Center make the calls that QBs normally make because Perry didn't understand coverages.

Also if you note Lemmings comment that Perry is well suited to a spread offense- that might be true but Enos isnt running a spread offense.

He studies film, had the highest HS completion % of the 3 against tougher competition, threw only a couple INTs his entire HS career, and he studies film. Did I say that last one twice? Good. Because that matters. Richt literally had to make his Center make the calls that QBs normally make because Perry didn't understand coverages.
I don't give a shît about how much film he studies. If it doesn't translate to the field it doesn't matter. And lol at he didnt throw picks in hs and his hs completion %. He was on one of the top 5 teams in all of hs ball.

So he is getting hype off what he did in hs 3 years ago? Let's talk about cfb. He was ran off from osu because he couldn't throw well enough. He comes here and struggles throwing and was the worst qb in the spring.

But now he is elite and he will be the next dorsey because he watches film and was good in hs?

I don't give a shît about how much film he studies. If it doesn't translate to the field it doesn't matter. And lol at he didnt throw picks in hs and his hs completion %. He was on one of the top 5 teams in all of hs ball.

So he is getting hype off what he did in hs 3 years ago? Let's talk about cfb. He was ran off from osu because he couldn't throw well enough. He comes here and struggles throwing and was the worst qb in the spring.

But now he is elite and he will be the next dorsey because he watches film and was good in hs?
Why you hating on tate like that though? I don’t see this same type of scrutinizing taking place for Perry or Williams from you. Just let it play out, martell is a cane now and may the best qb win whoever it may be

Show me one throw he couldn't make in the spring game. I'll wait...

It's clear u don't want him to win, but the writing is on the wall. These reports aren't coming out of nowhere. Feeley's quote wasn't by mistake. Winning 4/6 "lifters of the week" isn't a coincidence. 2 of the QB's are getting outworked.

Fall camp is right around the corner, and when it comes and goes, I'm sure people like u will too. Tail tucked and all.

Advertisement
Show me one throw he couldn't make in the spring game. I'll wait...

It's clear u don't want him to win, but the writing is on the wall. These reports aren't coming out of nowhere. Feeley's quote wasn't by mistake. Winning 4/6 "lifters of the week" isn't a coincidence. 2 of the QB's are getting outworked.

Fall camp is right around the corner, and when it comes and goes, I'm sure people like u will too. Tail tucked and all.
Dude he wasn't throwing the ball all that great in the spring game. He just looked like shît the first time fans saw him live and then when he played average it got hyped up.

I actually was glad when he transferred here despite all the osu fans saying he couldn't throw. But it's yall guys who dismiss the other qbs as if tate didn't look like shît in the spring.

Dude he wasn't throwing the ball all that great in the spring game. He just looked like shît the first time fans saw him live and then when he played average it got hyped up.

I actually was glad when he transferred here despite all the osu fans saying he couldn't throw. But it's yall guys who dismiss the other qbs as if tate didn't look like shît in the spring.
The Other qbs looked like sh*t at times too, Jarren at times In the scrimmages. The final drive in the 2nd scrimmage led by Jarren he should have been intercepted at least twice and he woefully underthrew a ball for an int in the final scrimmage. Kosi didn’t do anything vs the first team defense in any of the scrimmages outside of the drive he led for a field goal to open the second scrimmage. Other than that he took a bunch of sacks and didn’t move the ball vs the first team D. Martell had the best drive vs the first team D of any of the qbs and even in the second scrimmage had a good ball for about 20 in the teeth of the first team defense to Osborn. And it’s been said martell as well as the rest of the qbs looked much better in the end than they started the spring off too so you have to take that in consideration

If u are glad he transfered here then act like it. You're getting mad at fans opinions like they actually have a say who is going to start. Some think Tate is the best QB, so what? The winner (Tate) will show their head in fall camp.

He still was capable of making every throw in the spring game. I bet if u went back in the threads when he transfered here u didn't see the "he can't throw" narrative. That didn't start until reporters started saying it after watching 15 min of practice. Shows how many people actually know football. People thinking bc u have the strongest arm means you're a good QB goes to show how many people actually know football.

Advertisement
The Other qbs looked like sh*t at times too, Jarren at times In the scrimmages. The final drive in the 2nd scrimmage led by Jarren he should have been intercepted at least twice and he woefully underthrew a ball for an int in the final scrimmage. Kosi didn’t do anything vs the first team defense in any of the scrimmages outside of the drive he led for a field goal to open the second scrimmage. Other than that he took a bunch of sacks and didn’t move the ball vs the first team D. Martell had the best drive vs the first team D of any of the qbs and even in the second scrimmage had a good ball for about 20 in the teeth of the first team defense to Osborn. And it’s been said martell as well as the rest of the qbs looked much better in the end than they started the spring off too so you have to take that in consideration
Im not hyping up perry and williams either. Hopefully i'm wrong but i don't think any of the qbs are elite. Im just hoping one can at least develop to kaaya level.

Im not hyping up perry and williams either. Hopefully i'm wrong but i don't think any of the qbs are elite. Im just hoping one can at least develop to kaaya level.
I feel you and i guess we will see. Enos knows how to develop qbs and is very highly thought of in the coaching profession so I’m sure we will see improvement. Last year was just an anomaly at the position honestly. We had some of the worst qb play and statistical numbers Miami ever had. Won’t happen again. Passing game will immediately improve with Enos.

If u are glad he transfered here then act like it. You're getting mad at fans opinions like they actually have a say who is going to start. Some think Tate is the best QB, so what? The winner (Tate) will show their head in fall camp.

He still was capable of making every throw in the spring game. I bet if u went back in the threads when he transfered here u didn't see the "he can't throw" narrative. That didn't start until reporters started saying it after watching 15 min of practice. Shows how many people actually know football. People thinking bc u have the strongest arm means you're a good QB goes to show how many people actually know football.
Lil dude don't tell me how to act. And the he can't throw narrative came up before spring ball even started because osu fans were saying thats why day didn't want him. And people who actually watched whole practices said he was consistently the worst passer of the 3.

Lil dude don't tell me how to act. And the he can't throw narrative came up before spring ball even started because osu fans were saying thats why day didn't want him. And people who actually watched whole practices said he was consistently the worst passer of the 3.
And u have still yet to show me a throw he couldn't make in the spring game... Lil dude.

Advertisement
Back