Golden conference call hilarity

Advertisement
UM is flat out a racist institution if they continue to employ this white windbag, who embarrassed UM by disappearing and begging for the ped state job, when they fired Shannon, a UM man and hometown hero, for fielding a better product.

Really digging what you're doing here.
LOL.

UM is flat out a racist institution if they continue to employ this white windbag, who embarrassed UM by disappearing and begging for the ped state job, when they fired Shannon, a UM man and hometown hero, for fielding a better product.

THIS is why I think they HAVE to fire Golden. He and Shannon have equally bad records at this point. To keep Al after firing Randy just looks AWFUL!

Have questioned Golden's motivation ever since he tried to bolt for PSU. I've wondered if he even wanted to be here since then. No chance he resigns, however. There's still plenty of $$$$$ to be made at our expense.

Advertisement
Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz

Golden said he wants to keep this in perspective, notes Georgia Tech's point total was fewest it has scored against Miami in three years.

He really said that. Oh my lord I can't take it anymore.

Fck how much they scored....they had the ball the whole fcking game, you fcking idiot!!!

While that may be true...we did not score the same amount of points like we did last year...what a ******* moron...I need one of the medi ******* to go HAM on this mother ****** during an interview. Who has the nuts????WHO?

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 6m6 minutes ago

Golden: "They gave us a lot of things we hadn't seen before," speaking of Georgia Tech offense.

NO... NO NO NONONONONO i can not read this any more! Off with his head!

Like FB dives? This ****job really thinks we're that dumb or not paying attention. **** this ****head, piece of ****.

yup GT invented the fullback dive last night. what a ******* moron...guy thinks that being stupid is a norm. Thats what happends when you surround yourself with people who are dumber than you. **** this guy...**** him!!!!!

If Golden was as innovative at game planning and coaching up talent as his deceitful mastery in deflecting responsibility and bullsh*tting up an excuse storm, he'd be a HOFer.

He's not even any good at that. He sounds like a buffoon with his lame excuses and foolish comments.

Advertisement
Georgia Tech did add several wrinkles. But they were basic flexbone wrinkles, like counter steps from the A-back on the wing. Phony influence. Programs like Navy and Air Force have used those designs for years.

Ridiculous to look at Georgia Tech alone. They have had a primitive triple option for years based on the ineptitude of quarterbacks like Tevin Washington and Vad Lee. I've posted that here and elsewhere. Only natural they finally start to add some things once they have a better player at the position in Justin Thomas.

The disgrace was allowing that 3rd and 15 completion. I bet Georgia Tech all the time, and have for years. They only have a few pass routes they rely on in those situations. It's invariably a roll out and 15-25 yard sideline throw. Unless they are behind and desperate they never force the quarterback to throw over the middle. The safe throw since Paul Johnson has arrived has been deep sideline. Somehow we ignore all tendencies and allow it.

its a process guys, we got first and second down figured out so far, all we got left to do is figure out third down and we'll be almost done.

its a process guys, we got first and second down figured out so far, all we got left to do is figure out third down and we'll be almost done.

You forgot about 4th down- Georgia Tech and most teams don't forget 4th down.

But hey, if we figure out 3rd down, that means we have figured out 75% of the defensive side of the ball and last year we only figure out 50%.

Advertisement

Man, there was a lot of hate on the message boards for Shannon during his time as coach. I don't think it was necessarily racially motivated, although I have no way of knowing who the posters were. The attacks on his coaching were just brutal.

That's why I don't think the head coaching gig at UM is such a great job. The demands and expectations are too much. The fans can be absolutely horrible if you don't compete for the national championship right away, and every year after that.

Franchise, I can remember some of your posts on Canesport's board, calling Schiano "Monkey Boy."

People were absolutely nasty about "Botch" and "Choker."

Butch had two great years, recruited a great team, and now he's the Second Coming. If he came back, and didn't win right away, everybody would be ready to lynch him again.

I'm so glad I'm not a coach. Can be a very rough profession.

Man, there was a lot of hate on the message boards for Shannon during his time as coach. I don't think it was necessarily racially motivated, although I have no way of knowing who the posters were. The attacks on his coaching were just brutal.

That's why I don't think the head coaching gig at UM is such a great job. The demands and expectations are too much. The fans can be absolutely horrible if you don't compete for the national championship right away, and every year after that.

Franchise, I can remember some of your posts on Canesport's board, calling Schiano "Monkey Boy."

People were absolutely nasty about "Botch" and "Choker."

Butch had two great years, recruited a great team, and now he's the Second Coming. If he came back, and didn't win right away, everybody would be ready to lynch him again.

I'm so glad I'm not a coach. Can be a very rough profession.
Cry me a river bro. We don't stand out at all. Look at Michigan, supposed to be classy and all that. It's a fabrication. Hoke has done way more than Golden has including winning 11 games and a BCS bowl. What they are getting paid for they are not delivering. The name calling is always going to be there. They get paid way more than regular people. Suck it up. 4 years is enough to show better direction than u got a program. Is Michigan or Miami better than when both coaches arrive? They are not. They need to go simple.

THIS is why I think they HAVE to fire Golden. He and Shannon have equally bad records at this point. To keep Al after firing Randy just looks AWFUL!

Have questioned Golden's motivation ever since he tried to bolt for PSU. I've wondered if he even wanted to be here since then. No chance he resigns, however. There's still plenty of $$$$$ to be made at our expense.

He probably came because it's too good an opportunity to pass up. UM has a storied history over the last thirty years. If you can succeed at UM you can succeed anywhere. A lot of things in place, including media exposure and fertile talent. Probably a good step up in salary. Lot of downsides, like nasty and brutal media and fanbase if you don't win. Insane expectations.

A couple of years ago I talked to a fellow who played back in the '70's at GT. He was friends with Patrick Nix's father, a longtime coach in Georgia. Said Nix never really wanted to move to Miami, but couldn't pass up the salary increase.

My advice to young men who play football: get a practical degree like business, maybe major in accounting. Stay out of coaching. Enjoy the game from the stands. If you coach, do it part time at a HS or youth league. Otherwise, you'll be a gypsy, bounce around worse than the military, face occasional unemployment, and have unreal pressures.

The only time I've seen hate like this for a person is in politics, We had Bush Derangement Syndrome, similar for Obama, and now it's Golden Derangement Syndrome. Not that he's doing an acceptable job, but I'm not going to demonize him. Unless he straightens things out--which is unlikely--he should be looking around. Maybe a LB coach for a pro team. Let him learn more about defense.

Advertisement
By the way, that's about the tenth time Albortion has busted out the "they showed us stuff we have never seen" rap after a game. Even if that's true (and if it is it should be a fireable offense for a major college Corch), you mean to tell me they couldn't adjust and adapt at any point during that painful game?

When we played Oklahoma in 1985, Jimmy Johnson said as he was coming off the field at the end of the first half that he had not expected OU to pass. OU was moving the ball on us behind Troy Aikman's passing. I think it was early in the third quarter that Jerome Brown put Aikman out of the game. That, of course, was the adjustment we needed to win.

Advertisement
Back