Golden conference call hilarity

Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 37s37 seconds ago

Golden: "It’s early in the season. We can’t sit around and sulk. … We’ve got to get better, starting with me.”
Expand

HALFWAY THROUGH THE SEASON MANE

The moment you knew your coach lost it. Lol. This ain't basketball Golden!!! We don't play into March, we play into November! We're already in October so how in thee **** are we in the beginning of the season?!! Lol. This is by the far the dumbest **** of an incompetent coach ever. F u PSU for not hiring this *******!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol @ Golden. They threw something different at us! No the **** they did not. It was the same crap they threw at us last yr, except they didn't run a hurry up and kept our O off the field b/c any good coach know u protect ur weakness which is G-Tech's D....now if Paul Johnson made that adjustment, y not Al? We lost b/c we play a walk on safety who has no, literally NO SHOT making it to the league over three 4* safeties & he was constantly out of position. We lost b/c we used a 4 man front against a 9 man front w our LBs 7-8 yrds off the line and the safeties 15-17 yards off. We lost b/c we teach a wait and see approach vs a attack attack attack approach. Seriously, Al has no clue at all and he may just leave b/c we are becoming rabbid. He may use his wife's "health" as a means to step down. He has a bit of Urban Myer in him w/o the coaching ability, of course

UM is flat out a racist institution if they continue to employ this white windbag, who embarrassed UM by disappearing and begging for the ped state job, when they fired Shannon, a UM man and hometown hero, for fielding a better product.

good angle to agitate the ***** out of this situation

Who the **** is Nix bro and you sound like a loser we have High Expectation here because we have a winning tradition one of the Best ever in College Football History and we have a very loyal fan base that love and care about our Canes College Footballis not the same while our Canes are down we deserve better thats all we are asking for a Coach to come here and do thier job we are paying Al Golden to develop the great talent he is getting rebuild the program and win games and put the U back on the national stage he is failing badly **** just got in the press conference and man up and say "I haven't done the Best Job that i can do this great program deserve better and i have truly failed the City of Miami and the die hard Canes Fans so i will be stepping down as coach" South Florida will Erupt

Advertisement
UM is flat out a racist institution if they continue to employ this white windbag, who embarrassed UM by disappearing and begging for the ped state job, when they fired Shannon, a UM man and hometown hero, for fielding a better product.

THIS is why I think they HAVE to fire Golden. He and Shannon have equally bad records at this point. To keep Al after firing Randy just looks AWFUL!

Have questioned Golden's motivation ever since he tried to bolt for PSU. I've wondered if he even wanted to be here since then. No chance he resigns, however. There's still plenty of $$$$$ to be made at our expense.

He probably came because it's too good an opportunity to pass up. UM has a storied history over the last thirty years. If you can succeed at UM you can succeed anywhere. A lot of things in place, including media exposure and fertile talent. Probably a good step up in salary. Lot of downsides, like nasty and brutal media and fanbase if you don't win. Insane expectations.

A couple of years ago I talked to a fellow who played back in the '70's at GT. He was friends with Patrick Nix's father, a longtime coach in Georgia. Said Nix never really wanted to move to Miami, but couldn't pass up the salary increase.

My advice to young men who play football: get a practical degree like business, maybe major in accounting. Stay out of coaching. Enjoy the game from the stands. If you coach, do it part time at a HS or youth league. Otherwise, you'll be a gypsy, bounce around worse than the military, face occasional unemployment, and have unreal pressures.

The only time I've seen hate like this for a person is in politics, We had Bush Derangement Syndrome, similar for Obama, and now it's Golden Derangement Syndrome. Not that he's doing an acceptable job, but I'm not going to demonize him. Unless he straightens things out--which is unlikely--he should be looking around. Maybe a LB coach for a pro team. Let him learn more about defense.

Good advice on coaching as a profession; in our athletics-obsessed culture, many parents tell their child athletes that if they "don't make it to the pros, there is always coaching" and cite the salary of someone like Nick Saban. Supply and demand is heavily in the favor of the demand side. As for the military comparison, overseas moves not as much in football coaching, but men's/women's basketball is a whole different story.

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 6m6 minutes ago

Golden: "They gave us a lot of things we hadn't seen before," speaking of Georgia Tech offense.

NO... NO NO NONONONONO i can not read this any more! Off with his head!

This is funny. Braxton Berrios was interviewed in the lockeroom show after the game and DBJr asked him if GT presented anything different than what they had seen before (obviously, I'm sure DB was referring to the defense mostly) but Berrios quickly interjected and said "nah, we knew exactly what they were going to do and they did it. wE just didn't execute."

Get Grohlden out of my face.

Advertisement
There's no way a BOT member would come out and say that openly on twitter, even under a fake name lolz.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back