Going after Manny is ignorant..

Just because Miami's admin and AD are slapd!cks doesn't relieve Manny of blame for...
1. Having an unsound, inconsistent defense that gets worked by half-decent offenses...
2. Leaving his side of the ball void of LEGIT talent despite having his hands on the defensive recruiting for 6 years... (minus a few players)
3. Having his head completely up his a$s in regards to evaluating/offering local talent, that ultimately go on to other programs and ball out...
4. Acting "hollywood" and "big time" around local high school coaches and trainers, and not knowing how to create/sustain relationships...
5. Assembling the most unqualified staff in major P5 football because your coaching tree is a joke... (he finally upgraded last year)
6. Being all about "the brand" and flash, creating chains and rings, riding on yachts, etc...only to get beat by fvckin' FIU and Louisiana Tech...
7. Not having enough knowledge and wherewithal to hire an elite OC, so you bring in a guy that runs the fvckin I-formation, then have to can him after a season...
8. Creating a culture that is soft and doesn't hold kids accountable for their actions... (I know more about this that I can't share on the board)
9. Allowing players to perform dance routines on the sidelines during losses to FIU and Georgia Tech...
10. Not answering messages from local coaches/trainers that are trying to 'put you on' to talented kids...

I mean, I can keep going on and on.

You don't need to be a long-time/qualified college HC to get some of these things right. I know high school coaches that would be better at these things.

I give him credit for fixing SOME of these things (like hiring assistants who actually know how to network), but the University of Miami shouldn't be a place where HC's learn on the job. Some of these issue are NEVER getting fixed though, cause that's who Manny is.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Advertisement
All the players are his players. Wtf u talking bout?

Defensively yes. And it’s not pretty at some positions, especially corner and LB.

Offensively not so much. It’s undeniable the talented recruited the last two seasons has been night and day better.

If you accepted a job you weren’t qualified for and sucked at it, would you tell your bosses boss, that it wasn’t your fault and bc of that you shouldn’t be fired?

The sentiment that you can’t be mad at the admin for hiring Manny and mad at Manny for sucking at his job makes no sense. You can be mad at both.
No, he's not saying Manny shouldn't be fired but Manny shouldn't be fired first. Fire Blake then let the new AD fire Manny and hire a new coach

To add, wouldn’t a message board slurp mostly positivity if the program was where it needed to be? Go look at the difference in reactions between off-season Manny & on-season Manny. @Baba Yaga, myself & others have so many positive booty Gifs to unleash that may never leave the vault at this rate of Manny ball
It doesn't take much for me to drink the Kool-aid; I want this program to be respectable again if not dominant. When Manny wins the offseason with croots, being forward-leaning w/NIL, the portal etc., I join in the fun and let myself believe he's actually moving the needle even though I knew he'd likely **** the bed against Bama.

So when he bites the curb for Saban on national TV, squeaks out a win against App St by virtue of a gift-wrapped safety, and bends over for Sparty it just reaffirms what most of us knew all along: he's the same coach who lost to Duke, a historically bad GT team, FIU and La Tech in year one and got Andy Dufresne'd against Mack Brown in year two.

This team is fundamentally and schematically not good unless it can simply out-talent its competition. Otherwise it's a dog-fight or an ***-whoopin.

Blake James is trash, but Manny hasn't come close to proving he's the guy either. If he did this place would be rainbows, sunshine and booty gifs...and dudes arguing over pretty much anything for the sake of arguing.

Advertisement
If you are upset with Miami football right now, your anger should be pointed towards the administration specifically Blake James, and those that keep him employed. Manny Diaz was a lazy cheap hire, and it was Blake James fault. It was not Manny’s. Taking shots at Manny is doing nothing positive, but just creates a toxic environment around the program. Manny is a first time Head Coach, and is learning on the job. That shouldn’t happen at the University of Miami. This is Blake James and the BOT’s fault.

If you look at what Manny has done..Manny’s tenure as a DC at Miami was a success. He brought notoriety with the turnover chain which transcended the football world all the way through college, high school, and youth football. He greatly improved the defensive side of the football. Since the onset of the turnover chain Miami is 3rd nationally in forced turnovers. We consistently ranked 1st or right behind Clemson in the main defensive categories while Manny was a DC.

Manny as the HC:

Manny inherited a QB room of Jarren (Can’t start at a terrible USF team) Williams, and N’kosi (**** star) Perry. He took over a 7-6 team that was absolutely terrible on offense. He took over an OL that was extremely young, and lacked talent.

He also didn’t have a FG kicker. It cost him 2 games in 2019. HE QUICKLY attacked that and brought in the Lou Groza award winner.

He also thought he made a good hire with the new OC Dan Enos. HE quickly realized his mistake, canned Enos, and brought in a much better hire in Rhett Lashlee.

He was forward thinking in attacking the transfer portal. Brought us Deriq King, Jaelen Phillips, Andre Borregales, Bubba Bolden, Jared Williams, Charleston Rambo Tyrique Stevenson, etc…

In his 2nd year he goes 8-3 and 7-2 in league finishing 3rd in the 15 team League.

Offense improves dramatically, defense drops off. Has 2 1st round draft picks taken off the DL which is the first time Miami has had a DL drafted in the first round since Vince Wilfork in 2004. That is hard to imagine. He makes quick decision cans Blake Baker, and revamps defensive staff.

Now onto 2021 I heard a very knowledgeable radio host say Miami is way overrated this year. I’ve listened to this guy for 15 plus years, and he knows his stuff. He said Deriq King is coming off a major ACL injury, and he couldn’t imagine he would be the same player to start the year. He said Miami lost both edge guys, and they wouldn’t have the same pass rush. He said the rest of the team is pedestrian, and they lack talent. He knows Miami fans think they have talent, but they don’t have real talent. He was referring to top 100 guys in the draft. He consistently ranks among nations best in the NFL draft projections.

Anyways that leads me to this, obviously this guy is right. King wasn’t 100% healthy, and Miami has trouble generating pass rush with 4. I also see a lack of upperclassman talent. I see no one right now draft eligible that is a top 100 player. Maybe someone improves rest of the season, and pushes their way into that, but I don’t think anyone is there right now.

The other thing is with Deriq not being 100% he has turned the ball over way too much. 7 turnovers in 3 games is just too much to win. Especially with the schedule Miami has played, which I would argue is the toughest schedule of anyone in the country.

I would also say Miami’s veterans have let Diaz down. From King’s turnovers, to Harley and Mallory’s drops, to Zion completely whiffing on the biggest play in the Michigan State game. Those guys all need to raise their level of play.

Now to Manny’s recruiting, I would venture to say the last 2 classes are the best back to back classes Miami has signed in a long time. These class have real talent, talent that can be top 100 picks.

I think Manny has done a solid job as the Head Coach of a program that is a 7-5 middle of the pack ACC program. That is how the administration has treated the program for 15 plus years.

Canning Manny now does nothing for me if Blake James is still around. He can’t hire the next HC if a change is made.

If you say well Miami can’t hire a Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops or someone of that caliber, that tells you your answer right there. Why can’t Miami? If the administration won’t bring an alpha HC in, and spend that type of money there is your answer.

So if you are continuing to go after Diaz on here, or on twitter, etc..Just know it does nothing positive.

We have done the same things for the past 15 plus years. Fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach finally gets fired. Next coach comes in, fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach gets fired, then rinse and repeat. Nothing will change unless change starts at the top.
Only read the first paragraph, got all I needed to know.

Both Manny and the AD (and BOT) can suck at the same time. There's plenty of blame to go around. Manny has been horrible, Blake has been horrible, bot has been horrible.

Defensively yes. And it’s not pretty at some positions, especially corner and LB.

Offensively not so much. It’s undeniable the talented recruited the last two seasons has been night and day better.
The fact that he cant compete with Mich St with the talent he has now shows its not talent holding him back but gross ineptitude. Worse tackling team, one of the worse penalized. Thats coaching.

The fact that he cant compete with Mich St with the talent he has now shows its not talent holding him back but gross ineptitude. Worse tackling team, one of the worse penalized. Thats coaching.

Dude you said they’re all his players when they’re not then jumped to this.

Advertisement
Magic Manny still has fans who think he has what it takes. I wish i had that kind of magic in my job.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210928-031337_Adblock Browser.gif
    Screenshot_20210928-031337_Adblock Browser.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20210929-001510_Adblock Browser.gif
    Screenshot_20210929-001510_Adblock Browser.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
It doesn't take much for me to drink the Kool-aid; I want this program to be respectable again if not dominant. When Manny wins the offseason with croots, being forward-leaning w/NIL, the portal etc., I join in the fun and let myself believe he's actually moving the needle even though I knew he'd likely **** the bed against Bama.

So when he bites the curb for Saban on national TV, squeaks out a win against App St by virtue of a gift-wrapped safety, and bends over for Sparty it just reaffirms what most of us knew all along: he's the same coach who lost to Duke, a historically bad GT team, FIU and La Tech in year one and got Andy Dufresne'd against Mack Brown in year two.

This team is fundamentally and schematically not good unless it can simply out-talent its competition. Otherwise it's a dog-fight or an ***-whoopin.

Blake James is trash, but Manny hasn't come close to proving he's the guy either. If he did this place would be rainbows, sunshine and booty gifs...and dudes arguing over pretty much anything for the sake of arguing.
merle dixon GIF

the shawshank redemption GIF

This is all I read 😂😂

Advertisement
If you are upset with Miami football right now, your anger should be pointed towards the administration specifically Blake James, and those that keep him employed. Manny Diaz was a lazy cheap hire, and it was Blake James fault. It was not Manny’s. Taking shots at Manny is doing nothing positive, but just creates a toxic environment around the program. Manny is a first time Head Coach, and is learning on the job. That shouldn’t happen at the University of Miami. This is Blake James and the BOT’s fault.

If you look at what Manny has done..Manny’s tenure as a DC at Miami was a success. He brought notoriety with the turnover chain which transcended the football world all the way through college, high school, and youth football. He greatly improved the defensive side of the football. Since the onset of the turnover chain Miami is 3rd nationally in forced turnovers. We consistently ranked 1st or right behind Clemson in the main defensive categories while Manny was a DC.

Manny as the HC:

Manny inherited a QB room of Jarren (Can’t start at a terrible USF team) Williams, and N’kosi (**** star) Perry. He took over a 7-6 team that was absolutely terrible on offense. He took over an OL that was extremely young, and lacked talent.

He also didn’t have a FG kicker. It cost him 2 games in 2019. HE QUICKLY attacked that and brought in the Lou Groza award winner.

He also thought he made a good hire with the new OC Dan Enos. HE quickly realized his mistake, canned Enos, and brought in a much better hire in Rhett Lashlee.

He was forward thinking in attacking the transfer portal. Brought us Deriq King, Jaelen Phillips, Andre Borregales, Bubba Bolden, Jared Williams, Charleston Rambo Tyrique Stevenson, etc…

In his 2nd year he goes 8-3 and 7-2 in league finishing 3rd in the 15 team League.

Offense improves dramatically, defense drops off. Has 2 1st round draft picks taken off the DL which is the first time Miami has had a DL drafted in the first round since Vince Wilfork in 2004. That is hard to imagine. He makes quick decision cans Blake Baker, and revamps defensive staff.

Now onto 2021 I heard a very knowledgeable radio host say Miami is way overrated this year. I’ve listened to this guy for 15 plus years, and he knows his stuff. He said Deriq King is coming off a major ACL injury, and he couldn’t imagine he would be the same player to start the year. He said Miami lost both edge guys, and they wouldn’t have the same pass rush. He said the rest of the team is pedestrian, and they lack talent. He knows Miami fans think they have talent, but they don’t have real talent. He was referring to top 100 guys in the draft. He consistently ranks among nations best in the NFL draft projections.

Anyways that leads me to this, obviously this guy is right. King wasn’t 100% healthy, and Miami has trouble generating pass rush with 4. I also see a lack of upperclassman talent. I see no one right now draft eligible that is a top 100 player. Maybe someone improves rest of the season, and pushes their way into that, but I don’t think anyone is there right now.

The other thing is with Deriq not being 100% he has turned the ball over way too much. 7 turnovers in 3 games is just too much to win. Especially with the schedule Miami has played, which I would argue is the toughest schedule of anyone in the country.

I would also say Miami’s veterans have let Diaz down. From King’s turnovers, to Harley and Mallory’s drops, to Zion completely whiffing on the biggest play in the Michigan State game. Those guys all need to raise their level of play.

Now to Manny’s recruiting, I would venture to say the last 2 classes are the best back to back classes Miami has signed in a long time. These class have real talent, talent that can be top 100 picks.

I think Manny has done a solid job as the Head Coach of a program that is a 7-5 middle of the pack ACC program. That is how the administration has treated the program for 15 plus years.

Canning Manny now does nothing for me if Blake James is still around. He can’t hire the next HC if a change is made.

If you say well Miami can’t hire a Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops or someone of that caliber, that tells you your answer right there. Why can’t Miami? If the administration won’t bring an alpha HC in, and spend that type of money there is your answer.

So if you are continuing to go after Diaz on here, or on twitter, etc..Just know it does nothing positive.

We have done the same things for the past 15 plus years. Fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach finally gets fired. Next coach comes in, fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach gets fired, then rinse and repeat. Nothing will change unless change starts at the top.
It is up to Diaz to see his upperclassmen are trash and to play the better talented players like other teams do. Other teams like Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia. Etc. That failure is why we are were we are. It is a fireable offense. But...there’s more. You don’t become the worst tackling team in America due to merely pedestrian players. Plenty of pedestrian players (App State) tackled much better than we do. Tackling and physicality is something a coach must teach, and continue to reinforce by structuring his practices properly. And of course find/recruit players willing to do so. He failed there as well. Another fireable offense.

Advertisement
We scored 17 points against MSU. One field goal more than Youngstown state. Youngstown State probably hasnt ever been ranked in the top 100 for recruiting rankings... We avg 13th. 90 something slots higher on the talent scale = 1 field goal with Manny. The team is unprepared, undisciplined and out coached in every game they play in and its a undeniable pattern. If you want to make Manny the GM then fine, but he aint a head coach, he aint a guy who can get these primadonna SFL high school players to play smart or disciplined.

Advertisement
Back