Going after Manny is ignorant..

Advertisement
NOT going after Kenny Pickett in the portal is the height (or perhaps depth?) of ignorance.

Was Mannys defense better with Goldens players or the guys he recruited?
DD95ACF8-91FD-4BB2-AEE3-C15862B66CA2.gif

Advertisement

Literally, no matter the answer, it was going to fall on Manny. That’s the point; whether it’s we have the talent & it’s not being developed OR we don’t have enough talent, that chit falls on Manny. Again, he’s been here for 6 yrs, and last time that I checked, he’s been solely responsible for the defense all 6 yrs, and the program going on 3. No matter how u dissect it, my ninja could be a Pokémon master, catching them all, but if them bihs ain’t ready for battle, it don’t mean chit.

If you are upset with Miami football right now, your anger should be pointed towards the administration specifically Blake James, and those that keep him employed. Manny Diaz was a lazy cheap hire, and it was Blake James fault. It was not Manny’s. Taking shots at Manny is doing nothing positive, but just creates a toxic environment around the program. Manny is a first time Head Coach, and is learning on the job. That shouldn’t happen at the University of Miami. This is Blake James and the BOT’s fault.

If you look at what Manny has done..Manny’s tenure as a DC at Miami was a success. He brought notoriety with the turnover chain which transcended the football world all the way through college, high school, and youth football. He greatly improved the defensive side of the football. Since the onset of the turnover chain Miami is 3rd nationally in forced turnovers. We consistently ranked 1st or right behind Clemson in the main defensive categories while Manny was a DC.

Manny as the HC:

Manny inherited a QB room of Jarren (Can’t start at a terrible USF team) Williams, and N’kosi (**** star) Perry. He took over a 7-6 team that was absolutely terrible on offense. He took over an OL that was extremely young, and lacked talent.

He also didn’t have a FG kicker. It cost him 2 games in 2019. HE QUICKLY attacked that and brought in the Lou Groza award winner.

He also thought he made a good hire with the new OC Dan Enos. HE quickly realized his mistake, canned Enos, and brought in a much better hire in Rhett Lashlee.

He was forward thinking in attacking the transfer portal. Brought us Deriq King, Jaelen Phillips, Andre Borregales, Bubba Bolden, Jared Williams, Charleston Rambo Tyrique Stevenson, etc…

In his 2nd year he goes 8-3 and 7-2 in league finishing 3rd in the 15 team League.

Offense improves dramatically, defense drops off. Has 2 1st round draft picks taken off the DL which is the first time Miami has had a DL drafted in the first round since Vince Wilfork in 2004. That is hard to imagine. He makes quick decision cans Blake Baker, and revamps defensive staff.

Now onto 2021 I heard a very knowledgeable radio host say Miami is way overrated this year. I’ve listened to this guy for 15 plus years, and he knows his stuff. He said Deriq King is coming off a major ACL injury, and he couldn’t imagine he would be the same player to start the year. He said Miami lost both edge guys, and they wouldn’t have the same pass rush. He said the rest of the team is pedestrian, and they lack talent. He knows Miami fans think they have talent, but they don’t have real talent. He was referring to top 100 guys in the draft. He consistently ranks among nations best in the NFL draft projections.

Anyways that leads me to this, obviously this guy is right. King wasn’t 100% healthy, and Miami has trouble generating pass rush with 4. I also see a lack of upperclassman talent. I see no one right now draft eligible that is a top 100 player. Maybe someone improves rest of the season, and pushes their way into that, but I don’t think anyone is there right now.

The other thing is with Deriq not being 100% he has turned the ball over way too much. 7 turnovers in 3 games is just too much to win. Especially with the schedule Miami has played, which I would argue is the toughest schedule of anyone in the country.

I would also say Miami’s veterans have let Diaz down. From King’s turnovers, to Harley and Mallory’s drops, to Zion completely whiffing on the biggest play in the Michigan State game. Those guys all need to raise their level of play.

Now to Manny’s recruiting, I would venture to say the last 2 classes are the best back to back classes Miami has signed in a long time. These class have real talent, talent that can be top 100 picks.

I think Manny has done a solid job as the Head Coach of a program that is a 7-5 middle of the pack ACC program. That is how the administration has treated the program for 15 plus years.

Canning Manny now does nothing for me if Blake James is still around. He can’t hire the next HC if a change is made.

If you say well Miami can’t hire a Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops or someone of that caliber, that tells you your answer right there. Why can’t Miami? If the administration won’t bring an alpha HC in, and spend that type of money there is your answer.

So if you are continuing to go after Diaz on here, or on twitter, etc..Just know it does nothing positive.

We have done the same things for the past 15 plus years. Fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach finally gets fired. Next coach comes in, fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach gets fired, then rinse and repeat. Nothing will change unless change starts at the top.
After Mannys slurpfest yesterday during his conference that wasted 8 minutes of my life **** Manny and he is being attacked. He is not helping the problem

Reading through some of these comments, I just keep going back to why was Manny Hired in the first place?

You expect a first time HC to come in and wave magic pixi dust over a 7-5 program, where the local talent had been fleeing for $$ for years?

Manny walked into a job where the results were basically N.C. State level for 15 years yet the expectations are Top 10. Again he has done some good and done some bad. It is what new Head Coaches go through. That’s why it shouldn’t have happened at the University of Miami.

Manny Diaz is 16-12 right now at Miami.
Dabo Swinney was 16-12 in his first 28 games at Clemson.

My brother n law played for him, I watched him make mistakes and learn, and grow as a Head Coach.

The players thought he was a corny goofball when he took over. But he was persistent, convinced the administration to pour money into the program, allow him to buy the best assistants, they started signing top notch QB’s, and the rest is history.

I personally think this season could end badly. The injuries have piled up, and when you have to rely on true freshman in a lot of spots, they make mistakes that cost you games. If it does end badly more than likely Manny will be canned. I think Manny has some good qualities that could lend to him becoming a good HC. The training shouldn’t have happened here is my Main Point, and that falls directly on the people in charge.

Advertisement
Why is everyone ignoring the valid points in what Manny has adjusted to via the portal and changing coaches. His recruiting is quite decent with a team that has not been exceptional and he utilizes our history to get top recruits. He is not afraid to make quick and effective changes....yet the majority here want him gone...crazy!
Baby Middle Finger GIF

He's proven to be good at the most important quality needed in the head coach of a college football program: accumulating talent. That's been pretty clear. As for on the field development and on the field coaching, you need a larger sample size than four games into the third season. Check again with me in December. I'm out. You people are completely insane.
Boy WTF are you talkin' about?!
Accumulating talent?!

Come here...

Closer...

bitch slap slapping GIF

Fvck wrong with you, man?!

Jog my memory, was Manny DC and LB corch his first 3 years here before becoming DC or did he turn LB's over to St. Patke after year two?

Also, what is our most putrid unit on the defensive side of the ball, currently?

Advertisement
The most veteran group we've had in awhile wins a nail biter against Appalachian State and loses to a mediocre Michigan State.

Didn't Diaz take personal responsibility for the defense this year? Ok. Why does the defense look like leaky ***?

Why do the OL look so bad?

I think Blake James needs to be fired for overall incompetence, but Manny Diaz has not proven a **** thing as head coach.

And I am sick of 'He's learning' excuse. My job, if I ***** up, puts lives in danger. I drive a 40 ton truck, 64 mph on the highway.

You know what I do? I don't ***** up. Because it's my trade and people are counting on me. If I couldn't do the job, I wouldn't drive.

Diaz makes 4.5 million. In what world do you pay a guy 4.5 million to learn his job? If you are getting paid that much, YOU SHOULD KNOW YOUR ******* JOB.

Last edited:
Maybe I misread this, but I don't see it as a defense of Manny, but an indictment of the administration.

Bytching about Manny and getting him replaced might be winning a battle, but replaced Frenk/James would be winning the war.
Agreed. If reading this board for 10+ years has taught me anything it’s that, in general, we don’t do big picture very well over here. More of a blow with the wind/hot take kind of crowd

And the part about rinsing and repeating is also spot on

Agreed. If reading this board for 10+ years has taught me anything it’s that, in general, we don’t do big picture very well over here. More of a blow with the wind/hot take kind of crowd

And the part about rinsing and repeating is also spot on
We can bicker like siblings though. Nobody does that better than CIS.

Advertisement
#SACKBLAKEJAMES

Golden, Richt, and Diaz are three different people. Three different philosophies. Three coaches with previous winning experience. As bad a leader as Golden was, he won games at Temple. Mark Richt was incredible. And yet. Manny Diaz is the nastiest defensive coordinator I've ever seen. And yet.

NFL talent for years. James is the statistical root and has been since 2013.

#SACKBLAKEJAMES

Not getting trolled again.

Let's just ask Manny why his players CONTINUE to commit dumb penalties and heartlessly quit during the games. In Year 3.
Dumb penalties, yes. Quitting during a game, you couldn't be more wrong. The players fought their hearts out against UVA, with a 1st time starter at QB, and a missed field goal cost them the game. With the exception of a bunch of lousy fans, nobody has quit on this team.

Advertisement
Back