Going after Manny is ignorant..

He's proven to be good at the most important quality needed in the head coach of a college football program: accumulating talent. That's been pretty clear. As for on the field development and on the field coaching, you need a larger sample size than four games into the third season. Check again with me in December. I'm out. You people are completely insane.
Season 3 Leave GIF by Martin

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean, I mean…we can pull up Diaz’s recruiting ranks since he’s been here, and my guy have been given a pass like no body’s biz. Ppl complained about Rumph & Diaz was equally as awful & at times worst.
I actually think he's been recruiting well - albeit he might have been aided by COVID last year.

The problem is he hasn't developed anyone.

Advertisement
Golden’s I thought.
I don't think it's debatable. Manny gets credit for revitalizing the D, we all remember how inept it was with many of those same players under D'Nofrio. But as players recruited amd developed by the previous staff left the program and Mannys recruits became upperclassmen the D has absolutely regressed. We can debate whether it's a recruiting problem or a development problem, I happen to think it's both.

Advertisement
Golden’s I thought.
Amazingly Al Golden was a better Head Coach than Diaz. If he'd fired D'onofrio he might still be here.

I wonder if Diaz knows that a career bouncing around as a position coach in the NFL / analyst in College is in his future and that's why he's clinging on so hard?

Amazingly Al Golden was a better Head Coach than Diaz. If he'd fired D'onofrio he might still be here.

I wonder if Diaz knows that a career bouncing around as a position coach in the NFL / analyst in College is in his future and that's why he's clinging on so hard?
Golden with D’no and Mork Richt with Jorn.

Advertisement
Back