Going after Manny is ignorant..

Just because Miami's admin and AD are slapd!cks doesn't relieve Manny of blame for...
1. Having an unsound, inconsistent defense that gets worked by half-decent offenses...
2. Leaving his side of the ball void of LEGIT talent despite having his hands on the defensive recruiting for 6 years... (minus a few players)
3. Having his head completely up his a$s in regards to evaluating/offering local talent, that ultimately go on to other programs and ball out...
4. Acting "hollywood" and "big time" around local high school coaches and trainers, and not knowing how to create/sustain relationships...
5. Assembling the most unqualified staff in major P5 football because your coaching tree is a joke... (he finally upgraded last year)
6. Being all about "the brand" and flash, creating chains and rings, riding on yachts, etc...only to get beat by fvckin' FIU and Louisiana Tech...
7. Not having enough knowledge and wherewithal to hire an elite OC, so you bring in a guy that runs the fvckin I-formation, then have to can him after a season...
8. Creating a culture that is soft and doesn't hold kids accountable for their actions... (I know more about this that I can't share on the board)
9. Allowing players to perform dance routines on the sidelines during losses to FIU and Georgia Tech...
10. Not answering messages from local coaches/trainers that are trying to 'put you on' to talented kids...

I mean, I can keep going on and on.

You don't need to be a long-time/qualified college HC to get some of these things right. I know high school coaches that would be better at these things.

I give him credit for fixing SOME of these things (like hiring assistants who actually know how to network), but the University of Miami shouldn't be a place where HC's learn on the job. Some of these issue are NEVER getting fixed though, cause that's who Manny is.

Amen!!!!

These issues aren't related to our AD or administration. Manny has made countless poor decisions as HC, which have brought us to the situation we are in today. He's created a program that's all flash and no substance, which is actually the opposite of everything the program stands for. We work hard and play hard. That's what the old school canes were built on. After 6 years, Manny is still selling instead of producing. He isn't the guy we wanted him to be, and that's alright. But now, it's time to move on.

Manny's best asset, imo, is his ability to address our teams issues in the offseason. We, need to honestly look at Manns production, and the universities support, and address issue within this school, that affect this program. I honestly believe that even if Manny was at a school that fully supported his football team (like let's say, Texas) he'd still fail (like he did).

We need to pull an offseason Manny and address the issues around this programs success. But, the first move should be our AD and HC.

Advertisement
All due respect, going after Blake James is as foolish as putting it all on Manny Diaz—or even Dr. Julio Frenk.

The University of Miami's board of trustees is the cancer—everything else is a symptom of that bigger disease.

That dated, egotistical, in-over-its-head bunch is the root of all UM's football problems—the reason James is in charge, empowering Diaz—while the group fought internally over Manny over Mario, or holding a grudge against Butch Davis in the early 2000's and not bringing him back in 2006.

These guys are amateur hour clowns who still think UM can operate as they did in the 1980s—when Miami had a direct line to the country's best talent and got lucky with a bunch of up-and-comer, right-fit coaches and won big.

Even then, that was no pre-thought out game plan or blueprint Miami was following—UM fell forward into success; right place, right time stuff.

Compare and contrast that to the $200,000,000 investment Georgia made into their program two years ago—fueled by massive alumni financial support, writing the majority of these checks (in comparison to 11,000+ undergrads at Miami and a non-alum fan base that doesn't write checks to financially support this program.)

Until the board of trustees gets their collective heads out of their asses, there will be another clown AD or head coach leading this program to 7-6 seasons—rinse, wash, repeat.

The BoT needs to WANT to build a winner—investing in a football-driven AD and head coach who knows this X's and O's and how to be a true CEO of this program.

https://itsauthing.com/miami-hurric...s-georgia-bulldogs-magill-society-kirby-smart
I’ve been posting for a long time it’s way bigger than a coach and AD. They’re the symptom of the disease. That being said they still need fired lol.

Good to see manny's dad is starting threads on CIS.
And Baxa was never the same, lol. Yes, I know, but people are saying this like it had some direct correlation as to how he played QB.

Studies have shown if you study film of yourself laying the pipe you probably don't watch enough game film.

Advertisement
Stop excusing Manny for his incompetence. He has to own it.

Manny is the immediate issue. Blake's not doing the game planning, losing games by being completely unprepared.

I'm so sick of Manny's relatives coming on here making excuses as if it's okay to be dreadful at your job and posing as something that you're clearly not.

Manny is in direct control of the team's performance, not Blake. Let's lay blame where it belongs. I've never seen Blake on the sidelines or during practice. Stop hiding behind Blake as if you're just a victim of circumstances. Time to face the music. Deflecting blame no longer works

Manny is completely responsible for this team's poor performance. Getting rid of Manny immediately improves the team. That cannot be denied no matter how many excuses you want to make for him

Last edited:
So in the past couple days, we’ve had a “For The Fire Blake Crowd” thread & now “Going After Manny is Ignorant.” Oh, & wise words of ‘it’s the fans fault the kids don’t come here.’ Lol.

What a time to be alive. Lol.

Last edited:
If you've watched every game of the Diaz era and are more than just a casual fan, I don't know how you can still defend him in year 3 after this start.

Julio Frenk giving zero ***** about athletics, despite Manny himself saying that's not at all true just a couple of days ago, has nothing to do with us being the worst tackling team in D-I. That's coaching.

Most of us expected a loss to Bama, but we were hopeful it wouldn't be a complete embarrassment. Plus we figured we'd probably drop another game on the schedule, likely to UNC or an unassuming ACC team because that's what Manny's Miami does.

Four games in and we're 2-2 before playing a single conference game. That's why we're ****ed off and miserable--we fully expect him to drop another two or three games and end up 7-5. That's regression, especially in the most horrible division in a really weak P5 conference.

If he somehow manages to run the table in ACC play and look moderately impressive doing it, win the ACCCG, beat a respectable opponent in a NY6 bowl and salvage the class, I'm sure many of us will change our tunes, but none of us are holding our breath.

It's year three. I couldn't tell you what Manny's most impressive win is (2019 L-ville?), but I need two hands to count his most embarrassing losses.

2019 Duke.
2019 GT.
2019 FIU.
2019 La Tech.
2020 UNC.
2021 Bama.

And I'm not even counting Clemson or Sparty.

If he's going to show us something, time's up.

Advertisement
lmao at thinking recruits care what we post on here. if they do, we don't need their fragility on the team

Missing the bigger picture....why would a parent want their child in a toxic culture? Why would the kid, if they can go elsewhere without the drama?

Separate that point from our play, coaching, admin, etc, Two different issues.

If you are upset with Miami football right now, your anger should be pointed towards the administration specifically Blake James, and those that keep him employed. Manny Diaz was a lazy cheap hire, and it was Blake James fault. It was not Manny’s. Taking shots at Manny is doing nothing positive, but just creates a toxic environment around the program. Manny is a first time Head Coach, and is learning on the job. That shouldn’t happen at the University of Miami. This is Blake James and the BOT’s fault.

If you look at what Manny has done..Manny’s tenure as a DC at Miami was a success. He brought notoriety with the turnover chain which transcended the football world all the way through college, high school, and youth football. He greatly improved the defensive side of the football. Since the onset of the turnover chain Miami is 3rd nationally in forced turnovers. We consistently ranked 1st or right behind Clemson in the main defensive categories while Manny was a DC.

Manny as the HC:

Manny inherited a QB room of Jarren (Can’t start at a terrible USF team) Williams, and N’kosi (**** star) Perry. He took over a 7-6 team that was absolutely terrible on offense. He took over an OL that was extremely young, and lacked talent.

He also didn’t have a FG kicker. It cost him 2 games in 2019. HE QUICKLY attacked that and brought in the Lou Groza award winner.

He also thought he made a good hire with the new OC Dan Enos. HE quickly realized his mistake, canned Enos, and brought in a much better hire in Rhett Lashlee.

He was forward thinking in attacking the transfer portal. Brought us Deriq King, Jaelen Phillips, Andre Borregales, Bubba Bolden, Jared Williams, Charleston Rambo Tyrique Stevenson, etc…

In his 2nd year he goes 8-3 and 7-2 in league finishing 3rd in the 15 team League.

Offense improves dramatically, defense drops off. Has 2 1st round draft picks taken off the DL which is the first time Miami has had a DL drafted in the first round since Vince Wilfork in 2004. That is hard to imagine. He makes quick decision cans Blake Baker, and revamps defensive staff.

Now onto 2021 I heard a very knowledgeable radio host say Miami is way overrated this year. I’ve listened to this guy for 15 plus years, and he knows his stuff. He said Deriq King is coming off a major ACL injury, and he couldn’t imagine he would be the same player to start the year. He said Miami lost both edge guys, and they wouldn’t have the same pass rush. He said the rest of the team is pedestrian, and they lack talent. He knows Miami fans think they have talent, but they don’t have real talent. He was referring to top 100 guys in the draft. He consistently ranks among nations best in the NFL draft projections.

Anyways that leads me to this, obviously this guy is right. King wasn’t 100% healthy, and Miami has trouble generating pass rush with 4. I also see a lack of upperclassman talent. I see no one right now draft eligible that is a top 100 player. Maybe someone improves rest of the season, and pushes their way into that, but I don’t think anyone is there right now.

The other thing is with Deriq not being 100% he has turned the ball over way too much. 7 turnovers in 3 games is just too much to win. Especially with the schedule Miami has played, which I would argue is the toughest schedule of anyone in the country.

I would also say Miami’s veterans have let Diaz down. From King’s turnovers, to Harley and Mallory’s drops, to Zion completely whiffing on the biggest play in the Michigan State game. Those guys all need to raise their level of play.

Now to Manny’s recruiting, I would venture to say the last 2 classes are the best back to back classes Miami has signed in a long time. These class have real talent, talent that can be top 100 picks.

I think Manny has done a solid job as the Head Coach of a program that is a 7-5 middle of the pack ACC program. That is how the administration has treated the program for 15 plus years.

Canning Manny now does nothing for me if Blake James is still around. He can’t hire the next HC if a change is made.

If you say well Miami can’t hire a Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops or someone of that caliber, that tells you your answer right there. Why can’t Miami? If the administration won’t bring an alpha HC in, and spend that type of money there is your answer.

So if you are continuing to go after Diaz on here, or on twitter, etc..Just know it does nothing positive.

We have done the same things for the past 15 plus years. Fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach finally gets fired. Next coach comes in, fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach gets fired, then rinse and repeat. Nothing will change unless change starts at the top.
Save-A-Manny-Alert!!!

Good to see manny's dad is starting threads on CIS.

Studies have shown if you study film of yourself laying the pipe you probably don't watch enough game film.
A man does not live by football alone. And improving your technique when young is a lesson that will stay with you the rest of your life.

Advertisement
Did we forget Tad? You hire a JJ. You dont care about a Tad. That simple. No offense. But Kirk wasn’t totally correct. Get a good AD. Get a great coach. President letting them run the show is fine.

Blaming the admin is ignorant too. Blame the college football cartel for letting some programs get away with murder while threatening others with the death penalty.

Replacing Manny and the AD might get us a few more wins, maybe we'll go 10-4 on average instead of 8-5, maybe we end up as a perennial top 15ish type team with a Saban type coach, but the mopes on here will never be satisfied with that. They'll be screaming and crying for banners. They think we have a chance to get to Bama with the "right coach and AD" but they're too stupid to realize that this aint 1983. Their expectations are in delululand while i choose to live in the reality.

Better for the entire program if Manny can turn it around instead of going through another bull**** firing, buyouts, and coaching search. That will set this program back another five years.

Advertisement
episode 9 GIF by South Park

If you are upset with Miami football right now, your anger should be pointed towards the administration specifically Blake James, and those that keep him employed. Manny Diaz was a lazy cheap hire, and it was Blake James fault. It was not Manny’s. Taking shots at Manny is doing nothing positive, but just creates a toxic environment around the program. Manny is a first time Head Coach, and is learning on the job. That shouldn’t happen at the University of Miami. This is Blake James and the BOT’s fault.

If you look at what Manny has done..Manny’s tenure as a DC at Miami was a success. He brought notoriety with the turnover chain which transcended the football world all the way through college, high school, and youth football. He greatly improved the defensive side of the football. Since the onset of the turnover chain Miami is 3rd nationally in forced turnovers. We consistently ranked 1st or right behind Clemson in the main defensive categories while Manny was a DC.

Manny as the HC:

Manny inherited a QB room of Jarren (Can’t start at a terrible USF team) Williams, and N’kosi (**** star) Perry. He took over a 7-6 team that was absolutely terrible on offense. He took over an OL that was extremely young, and lacked talent.

He also didn’t have a FG kicker. It cost him 2 games in 2019. HE QUICKLY attacked that and brought in the Lou Groza award winner.

He also thought he made a good hire with the new OC Dan Enos. HE quickly realized his mistake, canned Enos, and brought in a much better hire in Rhett Lashlee.

He was forward thinking in attacking the transferPO portal. Brought us Deriq King, Jaelen Phillips, Andre Borregales, Bubba Bolden, Jared Williams, Charleston Rambo Tyrique Stevenson, etc…

In his 2nd year he goes 8-3 and 7-2 in league finishing 3rd in the 15 team League.

Offense improves dramatically, defense drops off. Has 2 1st round draft picks taken off the DL which is the first time Miami has had a DL drafted in the first round since Vince Wilfork in 2004. That is hard to imagine. He makes quick decision cans Blake Baker, and revamps defensive staff.

Now onto 2021 I heard a very knowledgeable radio host say Miami is way overrated this year. I’ve listened to this guy for 15 plus years, and he knows his stuff. He said Deriq King is coming off a major ACL injury, and he couldn’t imagine he would be the same player to start the year. He said Miami lost both edge guys, and they wouldn’t have the same pass rush. He said the rest of the team is pedestrian, and they lack talent. He knows Miami fans think they have talent, but they don’t have real talent. He was referring to top 100 guys in the draft. He consistently ranks among nations best in the NFL draft projections.

Anyways that leads me to this, obviously this guy is right. King wasn’t 100% healthy, and Miami has trouble generating pass rush with 4. I also see a lack of upperclassman talent. I see no one right now draft eligible that is a top 100 player. Maybe someone improves rest of the season, and pushes their way into that, but I don’t think anyone is there right now.

The other thing is with Deriq not being 100% he has turned the ball over way too much. 7 turnovers in 3 games is just too much to win. Especially with the schedule Miami has played, which I would argue is the toughest schedule of anyone in the country.

I would also say Miami’s veterans have let Diaz down. From King’s turnovers, to Harley and Mallory’s drops, to Zion completely whiffing on the biggest play in the Michigan State game. Those guys all need to raise their level of play.

Now to Manny’s recruiting, I would venture to say the last 2 classes are the best back to back classes Miami has signed in a long time. These class have real talent, talent that can be top 100 picks.

I think Manny has done a solid job as the Head Coach of a program that is a 7-5 middle of the pack ACC program. That is how the administration has treated the program for 15 plus years.

Canning Manny now does nothing for me if Blake James is still around. He can’t hire the next HC if a change is made.

If you say well Miami can’t hire a Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops or someone of that caliber, that tells you your answer right there. Why can’t Miami? If the administration won’t bring an alpha HC in, and spend that type of money there is your answer.

So if you are continuing to go after Diaz on here, or on twitter, etc..Just know it does nothing positive.

We have done the same things for the past 15 plus years. Fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach finally gets fired. Next coach comes in, fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach gets fired, then rinse and repeat. Nothing will change unless change starts at the top.
I can certainly agree that Blake should be the first to get fired. He cannot be anywhere near the next coach search.
As far the Manny part....respectfully disagree.
You pointed to a lot of issues you said he is not responsible for....can I ask what issues?is he responsible for in your opinion?

Advertisement
Back