Going after Manny is ignorant..

What's ignorant is getting ruled by emotions after 4 games and before the conference schedule commences.

The truth is, we don't know if this season is going to be progress or a step backward. The toxic atmosphere is oppressive. Hopefully the recruits don't read this board.

That said, obviously we will know a lot more in about a month.

Advertisement
A very well thought out Post OP.

I think a lot of us agree to some extent with you. The administration is probably more to blame than Manny. Who would turn down their dream job even if you knew you might not be ready for it?

The glaring issues are and have been well discussed. Player development and overall coaching. I think those of us with open eyes realize we are not as talented as many want to believe. But who is to blame for that? On defense Manny is the answer. He has been here and has recruited these guys.. It is on him and his defensive scheme.

On offense that may be a different answer because of all the turnover there. But still coaching has to put players in a position to succeed and that is lacking.

There is just a lack of accountability IMO. When players continue to make bone headed mistakes and stay in the game that doesn't help for sure

I am torn on Manny cause he makes changes but i just wonder if his in season moves will ever equal the offseason moves

Advertisement
What's ignorant is getting ruled by emotions after 4 games and before the conference schedule commences.

The truth is, we don't know if this season is going to be progress or a step backward. The toxic atmosphere is oppressive. Hopefully the recruits don't read this board.

That said, obviously we will know a lot more in about a month.
This reads strikingly like one of those "we can still win the ACC bro" posts.....

This reads strikingly like one of those "we can still win the ACC bro" posts.....
I was talking to one of my partners yesterday who is a North Carolina grad and big football fan, and both of us think the coastal is still likely to be won by Miami or North Carolina.

So yeah, I guess it is.

Advertisement
College football is about momentum. Go 4-2 by adjusting the player personnel and let's see where we end up. I agree that without real interest from the BOT to fire Blake Miami will remain at 7-5 to 9-3 type of team. NIL and Portal ICs may change things a little so we could be 7-5 to 9-3 with a 10-2 team every 5 years.

Overall, I do believe Manny's off-season skills line-up well with where college ball is headed. I just don't know if he is willing to sit upperclassmen for younger kids until we've already dropped too many games.

If you are upset with Miami football right now, your anger should be pointed towards the administration specifically Blake James, and those that keep him employed. Manny Diaz was a lazy cheap hire, and it was Blake James fault. It was not Manny’s. Taking shots at Manny is doing nothing positive, but just creates a toxic environment around the program. Manny is a first time Head Coach, and is learning on the job. That shouldn’t happen at the University of Miami. This is Blake James and the BOT’s fault.

If you look at what Manny has done..Manny’s tenure as a DC at Miami was a success. He brought notoriety with the turnover chain which transcended the football world all the way through college, high school, and youth football. He greatly improved the defensive side of the football. Since the onset of the turnover chain Miami is 3rd nationally in forced turnovers. We consistently ranked 1st or right behind Clemson in the main defensive categories while Manny was a DC.

Manny as the HC:

Manny inherited a QB room of Jarren (Can’t start at a terrible USF team) Williams, and N’kosi (**** star) Perry. He took over a 7-6 team that was absolutely terrible on offense. He took over an OL that was extremely young, and lacked talent.

He also didn’t have a FG kicker. It cost him 2 games in 2019. HE QUICKLY attacked that and brought in the Lou Groza award winner.

He also thought he made a good hire with the new OC Dan Enos. HE quickly realized his mistake, canned Enos, and brought in a much better hire in Rhett Lashlee.

He was forward thinking in attacking the transfer portal. Brought us Deriq King, Jaelen Phillips, Andre Borregales, Bubba Bolden, Jared Williams, Charleston Rambo Tyrique Stevenson, etc…

In his 2nd year he goes 8-3 and 7-2 in league finishing 3rd in the 15 team League.

Offense improves dramatically, defense drops off. Has 2 1st round draft picks taken off the DL which is the first time Miami has had a DL drafted in the first round since Vince Wilfork in 2004. That is hard to imagine. He makes quick decision cans Blake Baker, and revamps defensive staff.

Now onto 2021 I heard a very knowledgeable radio host say Miami is way overrated this year. I’ve listened to this guy for 15 plus years, and he knows his stuff. He said Deriq King is coming off a major ACL injury, and he couldn’t imagine he would be the same player to start the year. He said Miami lost both edge guys, and they wouldn’t have the same pass rush. He said the rest of the team is pedestrian, and they lack talent. He knows Miami fans think they have talent, but they don’t have real talent. He was referring to top 100 guys in the draft. He consistently ranks among nations best in the NFL draft projections.

Anyways that leads me to this, obviously this guy is right. King wasn’t 100% healthy, and Miami has trouble generating pass rush with 4. I also see a lack of upperclassman talent. I see no one right now draft eligible that is a top 100 player. Maybe someone improves rest of the season, and pushes their way into that, but I don’t think anyone is there right now.

The other thing is with Deriq not being 100% he has turned the ball over way too much. 7 turnovers in 3 games is just too much to win. Especially with the schedule Miami has played, which I would argue is the toughest schedule of anyone in the country.

I would also say Miami’s veterans have let Diaz down. From King’s turnovers, to Harley and Mallory’s drops, to Zion completely whiffing on the biggest play in the Michigan State game. Those guys all need to raise their level of play.

Now to Manny’s recruiting, I would venture to say the last 2 classes are the best back to back classes Miami has signed in a long time. These class have real talent, talent that can be top 100 picks.

I think Manny has done a solid job as the Head Coach of a program that is a 7-5 middle of the pack ACC program. That is how the administration has treated the program for 15 plus years.

Canning Manny now does nothing for me if Blake James is still around. He can’t hire the next HC if a change is made.

If you say well Miami can’t hire a Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops or someone of that caliber, that tells you your answer right there. Why can’t Miami? If the administration won’t bring an alpha HC in, and spend that type of money there is your answer.

So if you are continuing to go after Diaz on here, or on twitter, etc..Just know it does nothing positive.

We have done the same things for the past 15 plus years. Fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach finally gets fired. Next coach comes in, fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach gets fired, then rinse and repeat. Nothing will change unless change starts at the top.
U sound like Jon Jones fiancee bra.. C' mon man... Drugs and alchohol is NOT the sole problem, it's also manny bra..

Advertisement
you make good points, but Manny is a failure as it stands. could he become a great HC with time nd experience? sure, but we don't have that at Miami which is the problem. if and when we drop a few ACC games this year, Manny should go and so should Blake

Man just stop it with this nonsense. Stop reading when he started off taking shots at Williams and Perry. Constant changing of the narrative. . .
Shots? Or the truth. That is the QB room he inherited. You know the most important position in football. It now has King, TVD, Garcia, and a very talented Brown committed.

Advertisement
All due respect, going after Blake James is as foolish as putting it all on Manny Diaz—or even Dr. Julio Frenk.

The University of Miami's board of trustees is the cancer—everything else is a symptom of that bigger disease.

That dated, egotistical, in-over-its-head bunch is the root of all UM's football problems—the reason James is in charge, empowering Diaz—while the group fought internally over Manny over Mario, or holding a grudge against Butch Davis in the early 2000's and not bringing him back in 2006.

These guys are amateur hour clowns who still think UM can operate as they did in the 1980s—when Miami had a direct line to the country's best talent and got lucky with a bunch of up-and-comer, right-fit coaches and won big.

Even then, that was no pre-thought out game plan or blueprint Miami was following—UM fell forward into success; right place, right time stuff.

Compare and contrast that to the $200,000,000 investment Georgia made into their program two years ago—fueled by massive alumni financial support, writing the majority of these checks (in comparison to 11,000+ undergrads at Miami and a non-alum fan base that doesn't write checks to financially support this program.)

Until the board of trustees gets their collective heads out of their asses, there will be another clown AD or head coach leading this program to 7-6 seasons—rinse, wash, repeat.

The BoT needs to WANT to build a winner—investing in a football-driven AD and head coach who knows this X's and O's and how to be a true CEO of this program.

https://itsauthing.com/miami-hurric...s-georgia-bulldogs-magill-society-kirby-smart

If you are upset with Miami football right now, your anger should be pointed towards the administration specifically Blake James, and those that keep him employed. Manny Diaz was a lazy cheap hire, and it was Blake James fault. It was not Manny’s. Taking shots at Manny is doing nothing positive, but just creates a toxic environment around the program. Manny is a first time Head Coach, and is learning on the job. That shouldn’t happen at the University of Miami. This is Blake James and the BOT’s fault.

If you look at what Manny has done..Manny’s tenure as a DC at Miami was a success. He brought notoriety with the turnover chain which transcended the football world all the way through college, high school, and youth football. He greatly improved the defensive side of the football. Since the onset of the turnover chain Miami is 3rd nationally in forced turnovers. We consistently ranked 1st or right behind Clemson in the main defensive categories while Manny was a DC.

Manny as the HC:

Manny inherited a QB room of Jarren (Can’t start at a terrible USF team) Williams, and N’kosi (**** star) Perry. He took over a 7-6 team that was absolutely terrible on offense. He took over an OL that was extremely young, and lacked talent.

He also didn’t have a FG kicker. It cost him 2 games in 2019. HE QUICKLY attacked that and brought in the Lou Groza award winner.

He also thought he made a good hire with the new OC Dan Enos. HE quickly realized his mistake, canned Enos, and brought in a much better hire in Rhett Lashlee.

He was forward thinking in attacking the transfer portal. Brought us Deriq King, Jaelen Phillips, Andre Borregales, Bubba Bolden, Jared Williams, Charleston Rambo Tyrique Stevenson, etc…

In his 2nd year he goes 8-3 and 7-2 in league finishing 3rd in the 15 team League.

Offense improves dramatically, defense drops off. Has 2 1st round draft picks taken off the DL which is the first time Miami has had a DL drafted in the first round since Vince Wilfork in 2004. That is hard to imagine. He makes quick decision cans Blake Baker, and revamps defensive staff.

Now onto 2021 I heard a very knowledgeable radio host say Miami is way overrated this year. I’ve listened to this guy for 15 plus years, and he knows his stuff. He said Deriq King is coming off a major ACL injury, and he couldn’t imagine he would be the same player to start the year. He said Miami lost both edge guys, and they wouldn’t have the same pass rush. He said the rest of the team is pedestrian, and they lack talent. He knows Miami fans think they have talent, but they don’t have real talent. He was referring to top 100 guys in the draft. He consistently ranks among nations best in the NFL draft projections.

Anyways that leads me to this, obviously this guy is right. King wasn’t 100% healthy, and Miami has trouble generating pass rush with 4. I also see a lack of upperclassman talent. I see no one right now draft eligible that is a top 100 player. Maybe someone improves rest of the season, and pushes their way into that, but I don’t think anyone is there right now.

The other thing is with Deriq not being 100% he has turned the ball over way too much. 7 turnovers in 3 games is just too much to win. Especially with the schedule Miami has played, which I would argue is the toughest schedule of anyone in the country.

I would also say Miami’s veterans have let Diaz down. From King’s turnovers, to Harley and Mallory’s drops, to Zion completely whiffing on the biggest play in the Michigan State game. Those guys all need to raise their level of play.

Now to Manny’s recruiting, I would venture to say the last 2 classes are the best back to back classes Miami has signed in a long time. These class have real talent, talent that can be top 100 picks.

I think Manny has done a solid job as the Head Coach of a program that is a 7-5 middle of the pack ACC program. That is how the administration has treated the program for 15 plus years.

Canning Manny now does nothing for me if Blake James is still around. He can’t hire the next HC if a change is made.

If you say well Miami can’t hire a Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops or someone of that caliber, that tells you your answer right there. Why can’t Miami? If the administration won’t bring an alpha HC in, and spend that type of money there is your answer.

So if you are continuing to go after Diaz on here, or on twitter, etc..Just know it does nothing positive.

We have done the same things for the past 15 plus years. Fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach finally gets fired. Next coach comes in, fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach gets fired, then rinse and repeat. Nothing will change unless change starts at the top.

Animated GIF

Manny as the HC:

The fact that Flake James, Frenk, Strawley and the band need to be terminated, doesn’t change the other side of that coin, which is that Manolo needs to go with them.

You made some good points, but then garnished it with a hot, steaming pile of *****. There is no defending his lack of player development, team discipline/physicality, effort, and the biggest one of all, playing less talented players due to seniority.

His brown nosing of the Frenk, James and the Admin did him no favors with the fan base. He should’ve manned up, taken responsibility for the **** of a product that he’s putting on the field, and vowed to get it corrected at all costs, beginning with this next game.

Instead, he chose to throw his veterans and the fans under the bus, while he was driving it on the autobahn.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back