Going after Manny is ignorant..

Advertisement
The Hecht is in full panic mode, and trying to do damage control while failing miserably at it.

In the last couple of days, they’ve sent their henchmen to try to shill for Danny Miaz, while doubling down on their “it’s the fans fault for being impatient and having unrealistic expectations” narrative.

These @$$clowns took an athletics department that had multiple National Championships in football and baseball, many individual champions in track and tennis, and a consistently good basketball program and turned it into a wasteland.

They have completely destroyed everything that the great Sam Jankovich, Schnelly, Ron Fraser, J.J. and our past great players built through blood, sweat and tears.

The Hecht shills and their bosses deserve all of the vitriol that they are getting.

A very well thought out Post OP.

I think a lot of us agree to some extent with you. The administration is probably more to blame than Manny. Who would turn down their dream job even if you knew you might not be ready for it?

The glaring issues are and have been well discussed. Player development and overall coaching. I think those of us with open eyes realize we are not as talented as many want to believe. But who is to blame for that? On defense Manny is the answer. He has been here and has recruited these guys.. It is on him and his defensive scheme.

On offense that may be a different answer because of all the turnover there. But still coaching has to put players in a position to succeed and that is lacking.

There is just a lack of accountability IMO. When players continue to make bone headed mistakes and stay in the game that doesn't help for sure

I am torn on Manny cause he makes changes but i just wonder if his in season moves will ever equal the offseason moves
I agree with some of what you said. Can we agree on this & I hope people stop mentioning this:

WE AGREE THAT IT’S NOT MANNY’S FAULT FOR ACCEPTING THIS JOB!!

But dude is making changes because he consistently makes horrible evaluations from players, development & coaches.

Applauding him for making changes for consistently making the wrong decisions with coaching hires, player depth chart, motivation, discipline issues, lack of on-field adaptability, etc, etc, shouldn’t be applauded but rather called out for what it is: He’s not cut out for this job or any major P5 HC job, period.

Haven't read the entire thread but I agree with one point. My anger is directed at Blake James.

I am not mad at Manny. He tried to fix things but it did not work. He needs to go. We have seen enough and need to move in another direction.

I want Manny fired by the end of the year (barring some unexpected finish the rest of the year). But, I am not mad at him. Frustrated? Yes.

Blake James, however, has destroyed all three sports programs that I love. I grew up attending games and graduated from the University. It pains me to see how far we have fallen especially in football and baseball (basketball did not exist until my sophomore year). My anger resides with his continued employment.

I love when slurpers suggest that a message board will influence a recruits decision, but totally ignore the play on the field.

Only moutherbreathers think this way.
To add, wouldn’t a message board slurp mostly positivity if the program was where it needed to be? Go look at the difference in reactions between off-season Manny & on-season Manny. @Baba Yaga, myself & others have so many positive booty Gifs to unleash that may never leave the vault at this rate of Manny ball

Last edited:
Advertisement
I could agree, if Manny didn't hire some bum *** coaches his first year. And now, that he's trying to sell us the 'we just need a few more good classes' bull**** with an entire defense that he recruited, I'm done. There needs to be accountability across the board. Manny recruited all these kids. He's chosen to prioritize seniority or talent. He's made his bed!

What has Manny shown that, even with an invested AD/administration/BOT, that makes you think the results would be any better?

200 (1).gif

Just because Miami's admin and AD are slapd!cks doesn't relieve Manny of blame for...
1. Having an unsound, inconsistent defense that gets worked by half-decent offenses...
2. Leaving his side of the ball void of LEGIT talent despite having his hands on the defensive recruiting for 6 years... (minus a few players)
3. Having his head completely up his a$s in regards to evaluating/offering local talent, that ultimately go on to other programs and ball out...
4. Acting "hollywood" and "big time" around local high school coaches and trainers, and not knowing how to create/sustain relationships...
5. Assembling the most unqualified staff in major P5 football because your coaching tree is a joke... (he finally upgraded last year)
6. Being all about "the brand" and flash, creating chains and rings, riding on yachts, etc...only to get beat by fvckin' FIU and Louisiana Tech...
7. Not having enough knowledge and wherewithal to hire an elite OC, so you bring in a guy that runs the fvckin I-formation, then have to can him after a season...
8. Creating a culture that is soft and doesn't hold kids accountable for their actions... (I know more about this that I can't share on the board)
9. Allowing players to perform dance routines on the sidelines during losses to FIU and Georgia Tech...
10. Not answering messages from local coaches/trainers that are trying to 'put you on' to talented kids...

I mean, I can keep going on and on.

You don't need to be a long-time/qualified college HC to get some of these things right. I know high school coaches that would be better at these things.

I give him credit for fixing SOME of these things (like hiring assistants who actually know how to network), but the University of Miami shouldn't be a place where HC's learn on the job. Some of these issue are NEVER getting fixed though, cause that's who Manny is.

Advertisement
The Hecht is in full panic mode, and trying to do damage control while failing miserably at it.

In the last couple of days, they’ve sent their henchmen to try to shill for Danny Miaz, while doubling down on their “it’s the fans fault for being impatient and having unrealistic expectations” narrative.

These @$$clowns took an athletics department that had multiple National Championships in football and baseball, many individual champions in track and tennis, and a consistently good basketball program and turned it into a wasteland.

They have completely destroyed everything that the great Sam Jankovich, Schnelly, Ron Fraser, J.J. and our past great players built through blood, sweat and tears.

The Hecht shills and their bosses deserve all of the vitriol that they are getting.
This is all part of the process. Once the tribal following can no longer defend their coach everything becomes the fan’s fault. It happens every time a coach is on the brink. If we would all just say positive stuff, we would steal all Bama’s recruits.

This line of thinking is all about defending the coach without defending the coach. As if it isn’t transparent. OP’s post is all about shifting blame. It is really the fault of everyone but Manny.

If the guy painting your house is doing a crap job you don’t go fire his boss and keep the painter.

If you are upset with Miami football right now, your anger should be pointed towards the administration specifically Blake James, and those that keep him employed. Manny Diaz was a lazy cheap hire, and it was Blake James fault. It was not Manny’s. Taking shots at Manny is doing nothing positive, but just creates a toxic environment around the program. Manny is a first time Head Coach, and is learning on the job. That shouldn’t happen at the University of Miami. This is Blake James and the BOT’s fault.

If you look at what Manny has done..Manny’s tenure as a DC at Miami was a success. He brought notoriety with the turnover chain which transcended the football world all the way through college, high school, and youth football. He greatly improved the defensive side of the football. Since the onset of the turnover chain Miami is 3rd nationally in forced turnovers. We consistently ranked 1st or right behind Clemson in the main defensive categories while Manny was a DC.

Manny as the HC:

Manny inherited a QB room of Jarren (Can’t start at a terrible USF team) Williams, and N’kosi (**** star) Perry. He took over a 7-6 team that was absolutely terrible on offense. He took over an OL that was extremely young, and lacked talent.

He also didn’t have a FG kicker. It cost him 2 games in 2019. HE QUICKLY attacked that and brought in the Lou Groza award winner.

He also thought he made a good hire with the new OC Dan Enos. HE quickly realized his mistake, canned Enos, and brought in a much better hire in Rhett Lashlee.

He was forward thinking in attacking the transfer portal. Brought us Deriq King, Jaelen Phillips, Andre Borregales, Bubba Bolden, Jared Williams, Charleston Rambo Tyrique Stevenson, etc…

In his 2nd year he goes 8-3 and 7-2 in league finishing 3rd in the 15 team League.

Offense improves dramatically, defense drops off. Has 2 1st round draft picks taken off the DL which is the first time Miami has had a DL drafted in the first round since Vince Wilfork in 2004. That is hard to imagine. He makes quick decision cans Blake Baker, and revamps defensive staff.

Now onto 2021 I heard a very knowledgeable radio host say Miami is way overrated this year. I’ve listened to this guy for 15 plus years, and he knows his stuff. He said Deriq King is coming off a major ACL injury, and he couldn’t imagine he would be the same player to start the year. He said Miami lost both edge guys, and they wouldn’t have the same pass rush. He said the rest of the team is pedestrian, and they lack talent. He knows Miami fans think they have talent, but they don’t have real talent. He was referring to top 100 guys in the draft. He consistently ranks among nations best in the NFL draft projections.

Anyways that leads me to this, obviously this guy is right. King wasn’t 100% healthy, and Miami has trouble generating pass rush with 4. I also see a lack of upperclassman talent. I see no one right now draft eligible that is a top 100 player. Maybe someone improves rest of the season, and pushes their way into that, but I don’t think anyone is there right now.

The other thing is with Deriq not being 100% he has turned the ball over way too much. 7 turnovers in 3 games is just too much to win. Especially with the schedule Miami has played, which I would argue is the toughest schedule of anyone in the country.

I would also say Miami’s veterans have let Diaz down. From King’s turnovers, to Harley and Mallory’s drops, to Zion completely whiffing on the biggest play in the Michigan State game. Those guys all need to raise their level of play.

Now to Manny’s recruiting, I would venture to say the last 2 classes are the best back to back classes Miami has signed in a long time. These class have real talent, talent that can be top 100 picks.

I think Manny has done a solid job as the Head Coach of a program that is a 7-5 middle of the pack ACC program. That is how the administration has treated the program for 15 plus years.

Canning Manny now does nothing for me if Blake James is still around. He can’t hire the next HC if a change is made.

If you say well Miami can’t hire a Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops or someone of that caliber, that tells you your answer right there. Why can’t Miami? If the administration won’t bring an alpha HC in, and spend that type of money there is your answer.

So if you are continuing to go after Diaz on here, or on twitter, etc..Just know it does nothing positive.

We have done the same things for the past 15 plus years. Fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach finally gets fired. Next coach comes in, fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach gets fired, then rinse and repeat. Nothing will change unless change starts at the top.
If Miami lacks talent, then the HC isn’t doing something right.

Advertisement
If you are upset with Miami football right now, your anger should be pointed towards the administration specifically Blake James, and those that keep him employed. Manny Diaz was a lazy cheap hire, and it was Blake James fault. It was not Manny’s. Taking shots at Manny is doing nothing positive, but just creates a toxic environment around the program. Manny is a first time Head Coach, and is learning on the job. That shouldn’t happen at the University of Miami. This is Blake James and the BOT’s fault.

If you look at what Manny has done..Manny’s tenure as a DC at Miami was a success. He brought notoriety with the turnover chain which transcended the football world all the way through college, high school, and youth football. He greatly improved the defensive side of the football. Since the onset of the turnover chain Miami is 3rd nationally in forced turnovers. We consistently ranked 1st or right behind Clemson in the main defensive categories while Manny was a DC.

Manny as the HC:

Manny inherited a QB room of Jarren (Can’t start at a terrible USF team) Williams, and N’kosi (**** star) Perry. He took over a 7-6 team that was absolutely terrible on offense. He took over an OL that was extremely young, and lacked talent.

He also didn’t have a FG kicker. It cost him 2 games in 2019. HE QUICKLY attacked that and brought in the Lou Groza award winner.

He also thought he made a good hire with the new OC Dan Enos. HE quickly realized his mistake, canned Enos, and brought in a much better hire in Rhett Lashlee.

He was forward thinking in attacking the transfer portal. Brought us Deriq King, Jaelen Phillips, Andre Borregales, Bubba Bolden, Jared Williams, Charleston Rambo Tyrique Stevenson, etc…

In his 2nd year he goes 8-3 and 7-2 in league finishing 3rd in the 15 team League.

Offense improves dramatically, defense drops off. Has 2 1st round draft picks taken off the DL which is the first time Miami has had a DL drafted in the first round since Vince Wilfork in 2004. That is hard to imagine. He makes quick decision cans Blake Baker, and revamps defensive staff.

Now onto 2021 I heard a very knowledgeable radio host say Miami is way overrated this year. I’ve listened to this guy for 15 plus years, and he knows his stuff. He said Deriq King is coming off a major ACL injury, and he couldn’t imagine he would be the same player to start the year. He said Miami lost both edge guys, and they wouldn’t have the same pass rush. He said the rest of the team is pedestrian, and they lack talent. He knows Miami fans think they have talent, but they don’t have real talent. He was referring to top 100 guys in the draft. He consistently ranks among nations best in the NFL draft projections.

Anyways that leads me to this, obviously this guy is right. King wasn’t 100% healthy, and Miami has trouble generating pass rush with 4. I also see a lack of upperclassman talent. I see no one right now draft eligible that is a top 100 player. Maybe someone improves rest of the season, and pushes their way into that, but I don’t think anyone is there right now.

The other thing is with Deriq not being 100% he has turned the ball over way too much. 7 turnovers in 3 games is just too much to win. Especially with the schedule Miami has played, which I would argue is the toughest schedule of anyone in the country.

I would also say Miami’s veterans have let Diaz down. From King’s turnovers, to Harley and Mallory’s drops, to Zion completely whiffing on the biggest play in the Michigan State game. Those guys all need to raise their level of play.

Now to Manny’s recruiting, I would venture to say the last 2 classes are the best back to back classes Miami has signed in a long time. These class have real talent, talent that can be top 100 picks.

I think Manny has done a solid job as the Head Coach of a program that is a 7-5 middle of the pack ACC program. That is how the administration has treated the program for 15 plus years.

Canning Manny now does nothing for me if Blake James is still around. He can’t hire the next HC if a change is made.

If you say well Miami can’t hire a Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops or someone of that caliber, that tells you your answer right there. Why can’t Miami? If the administration won’t bring an alpha HC in, and spend that type of money there is your answer.

So if you are continuing to go after Diaz on here, or on twitter, etc..Just know it does nothing positive.

We have done the same things for the past 15 plus years. Fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach finally gets fired. Next coach comes in, fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach gets fired, then rinse and repeat. Nothing will change unless change starts at the top.

Lost me at a "very knowledgeable radio host".

I think it is pretty clear that we recruit talent evaluated by the services in the 15-20 or so range. At year end however, we've been ranked in the top 15 all of one time in the last 15 years, under multiple head coaches. We underperform our apparent rankings.

Possible reasons:
1. Rankings are wrong and we are getting the almost alabama, ga, uf guys who were big deals in hs but don't work hard
2. Weak asst coaches (we pay less because small school with limited alumni support--at big state schools alumni contribute to asst coach salaries) who don't develop players effectively
3. Weak recruiting esp at key positions---esp O Line and college football is all about scoring points
4. Not moving on from more senior players who have had tons of opportunity and just aren't good
5. Weak hc leadership as exhibited in lack of readiness, reliance on gimmicks that don't last (turnover chain was a cute idea----for a 1 year gig) and a lack of execution in all phases.

When you consistently lose to teams of inferior talent it isn't the ADs fault. It's his fault you aren't in a better place but on the day on that game you lose to an inferior team that isn't the ADs fault.

Advertisement
Diaz sent his daddy to make that post. Not once did he address the actual performance on the field. U wanna talk about recruiting and defense, who has been in charge of that for 6 years now? The players he lost off the DL were transfers, also they were on the field when they gave up 800 yards at home. Look at the state of the LB position. And finally, show me App St and Michigan State top 100 NFL roster. U absolute ****. That made my blood boil reading it. Sounds like Diaz typed it up and sent the clown here to write it. No accountability, everything is someone elses fault.

Their egos have been hit.... keep firing !!

... the best way to take down this mamby pamby, weak minded, SJW-led, tranny loving, "e not w", cabal of losers.

Last edited:
The young recruits are the ones making plays on offense and defense. Those are his players, he just has to get his head out of his butt and trust them. He's more worried about losing than playing with passion and heart. Norvell may get canned but he's at least putting players in and getting them to put up a fight. Magically his recruiting class hasn't suffered and is even getting Cbs for additional 5 stars.
All the players are his players. Wtf u talking bout?

Advertisement
Back