Going after Manny is ignorant..

Advertisement
If you accepted a job you weren’t qualified for and sucked at it, would you tell your bosses boss, that it wasn’t your fault and bc of that you shouldn’t be fired?

The sentiment that you can’t be mad at the admin for hiring Manny and mad at Manny for sucking at his job makes no sense. You can be mad at both.
I think he was moreso saying “wouldn’t you accept a higher paying job in a better location, regardless of whether you thought you were qualified or not?” You can obviously still be fired if you perform poorly, but would your bosses boss put the blame on you or your boss?

I think he was moreso saying “wouldn’t you accept a higher paying job in a better location, regardless of whether you thought you were qualified or not?” You can obviously still be fired if you perform poorly, but would your bosses boss put the blame on you or your boss?
I get that, but it doesn’t absolve the person who took the job of any consequences either. Both are failing and both need to go.

If you are upset with Miami football right now, your anger should be pointed towards the administration specifically Blake James, and those that keep him employed. Manny Diaz was a lazy cheap hire, and it was Blake James fault. It was not Manny’s. Taking shots at Manny is doing nothing positive, but just creates a toxic environment around the program. Manny is a first time Head Coach, and is learning on the job. That shouldn’t happen at the University of Miami. This is Blake James and the BOT’s fault.

If you look at what Manny has done..Manny’s tenure as a DC at Miami was a success. He brought notoriety with the turnover chain which transcended the football world all the way through college, high school, and youth football. He greatly improved the defensive side of the football. Since the onset of the turnover chain Miami is 3rd nationally in forced turnovers. We consistently ranked 1st or right behind Clemson in the main defensive categories while Manny was a DC.

Manny as the HC:

Manny inherited a QB room of Jarren (Can’t start at a terrible USF team) Williams, and N’kosi (**** star) Perry. He took over a 7-6 team that was absolutely terrible on offense. He took over an OL that was extremely young, and lacked talent.

He also didn’t have a FG kicker. It cost him 2 games in 2019. HE QUICKLY attacked that and brought in the Lou Groza award winner.

He also thought he made a good hire with the new OC Dan Enos. HE quickly realized his mistake, canned Enos, and brought in a much better hire in Rhett Lashlee.

He was forward thinking in attacking the transfer portal. Brought us Deriq King, Jaelen Phillips, Andre Borregales, Bubba Bolden, Jared Williams, Charleston Rambo Tyrique Stevenson, etc…

In his 2nd year he goes 8-3 and 7-2 in league finishing 3rd in the 15 team League.

Offense improves dramatically, defense drops off. Has 2 1st round draft picks taken off the DL which is the first time Miami has had a DL drafted in the first round since Vince Wilfork in 2004. That is hard to imagine. He makes quick decision cans Blake Baker, and revamps defensive staff.

Now onto 2021 I heard a very knowledgeable radio host say Miami is way overrated this year. I’ve listened to this guy for 15 plus years, and he knows his stuff. He said Deriq King is coming off a major ACL injury, and he couldn’t imagine he would be the same player to start the year. He said Miami lost both edge guys, and they wouldn’t have the same pass rush. He said the rest of the team is pedestrian, and they lack talent. He knows Miami fans think they have talent, but they don’t have real talent. He was referring to top 100 guys in the draft. He consistently ranks among nations best in the NFL draft projections.

Anyways that leads me to this, obviously this guy is right. King wasn’t 100% healthy, and Miami has trouble generating pass rush with 4. I also see a lack of upperclassman talent. I see no one right now draft eligible that is a top 100 player. Maybe someone improves rest of the season, and pushes their way into that, but I don’t think anyone is there right now.

The other thing is with Deriq not being 100% he has turned the ball over way too much. 7 turnovers in 3 games is just too much to win. Especially with the schedule Miami has played, which I would argue is the toughest schedule of anyone in the country.

I would also say Miami’s veterans have let Diaz down. From King’s turnovers, to Harley and Mallory’s drops, to Zion completely whiffing on the biggest play in the Michigan State game. Those guys all need to raise their level of play.

Now to Manny’s recruiting, I would venture to say the last 2 classes are the best back to back classes Miami has signed in a long time. These class have real talent, talent that can be top 100 picks.

I think Manny has done a solid job as the Head Coach of a program that is a 7-5 middle of the pack ACC program. That is how the administration has treated the program for 15 plus years.

Canning Manny now does nothing for me if Blake James is still around. He can’t hire the next HC if a change is made.

If you say well Miami can’t hire a Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops or someone of that caliber, that tells you your answer right there. Why can’t Miami? If the administration won’t bring an alpha HC in, and spend that type of money there is your answer.

So if you are continuing to go after Diaz on here, or on twitter, etc..Just know it does nothing positive.

We have done the same things for the past 15 plus years. Fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach finally gets fired. Next coach comes in, fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach gets fired, then rinse and repeat. Nothing will change unless change starts at the top.
Fuck Outta Here No Way GIF by Desus & Mero

Maybe I misread this, but I don't see it as a defense of Manny, but an indictment of the administration.

Bytching about Manny and getting him replaced might be winning a battle, but replaced Frenk/James would be winning the war.
I would argue that in the context of football, leaving Frenk as is in place is good & here is why:

He would stay out of the way & doesn’t meddle. The battle would be to convince him to get a football person to run the program & letting that person hire the coach & he just signs off. He basically told Blake years ago to handle sports. I think he can be convinced.

The alternative risk would be to get a new president like a Tad Foote or Donna Shelela that meddle with everything & everyone & I view that as being worse than Frenk.

Edit - I know @TheOriginalCane will eviscerate me for my take 😂😂

Advertisement
What's ignorant is getting ruled by emotions after 4 games and before the conference schedule commences.

The truth is, we don't know if this season is going to be progress or a step backward. The toxic atmosphere is oppressive. Hopefully the recruits don't read this board.

That said, obviously we will know a lot more in about a month.
I love when slurpers suggest that a message board will influence a recruits decision, but totally ignore the play on the field.

Only moutherbreathers think this way.

Advertisement
I would argue that leaving Frenk as is in place is good & here is why:

He would stay out of the way & doesn’t meddle. The battle would be to convince him to get a football person to run the program & letting that person hire the coach & he just signs off. He basically told Blake years ago to handle sports. I think he can be convinced.

The alternative risk would be to get a new president like a Tad Foote or Donna Shelela that meddle with everything & everyone & I view that as being worse than Frenk.
It depends on whether you want the school to improve academically. Frenk doesn't have the vision to accomplish that. He and James are birds of a feather. Hope everything remains at the status quo and react if anything threatens that. There is no consideration of improvement, just try not to let it all crumble too fast.

If you are upset with Miami football right now, your anger should be pointed towards the administration specifically Blake James, and those that keep him employed. Manny Diaz was a lazy cheap hire, and it was Blake James fault. It was not Manny’s. Taking shots at Manny is doing nothing positive, but just creates a toxic environment around the program. Manny is a first time Head Coach, and is learning on the job. That shouldn’t happen at the University of Miami. This is Blake James and the BOT’s fault.

If you look at what Manny has done..Manny’s tenure as a DC at Miami was a success. He brought notoriety with the turnover chain which transcended the football world all the way through college, high school, and youth football. He greatly improved the defensive side of the football. Since the onset of the turnover chain Miami is 3rd nationally in forced turnovers. We consistently ranked 1st or right behind Clemson in the main defensive categories while Manny was a DC.

Manny as the HC:

Manny inherited a QB room of Jarren (Can’t start at a terrible USF team) Williams, and N’kosi (**** star) Perry. He took over a 7-6 team that was absolutely terrible on offense. He took over an OL that was extremely young, and lacked talent.

He also didn’t have a FG kicker. It cost him 2 games in 2019. HE QUICKLY attacked that and brought in the Lou Groza award winner.

He also thought he made a good hire with the new OC Dan Enos. HE quickly realized his mistake, canned Enos, and brought in a much better hire in Rhett Lashlee.

He was forward thinking in attacking the transfer portal. Brought us Deriq King, Jaelen Phillips, Andre Borregales, Bubba Bolden, Jared Williams, Charleston Rambo Tyrique Stevenson, etc…

In his 2nd year he goes 8-3 and 7-2 in league finishing 3rd in the 15 team League.

Offense improves dramatically, defense drops off. Has 2 1st round draft picks taken off the DL which is the first time Miami has had a DL drafted in the first round since Vince Wilfork in 2004. That is hard to imagine. He makes quick decision cans Blake Baker, and revamps defensive staff.

Now onto 2021 I heard a very knowledgeable radio host say Miami is way overrated this year. I’ve listened to this guy for 15 plus years, and he knows his stuff. He said Deriq King is coming off a major ACL injury, and he couldn’t imagine he would be the same player to start the year. He said Miami lost both edge guys, and they wouldn’t have the same pass rush. He said the rest of the team is pedestrian, and they lack talent. He knows Miami fans think they have talent, but they don’t have real talent. He was referring to top 100 guys in the draft. He consistently ranks among nations best in the NFL draft projections.

Anyways that leads me to this, obviously this guy is right. King wasn’t 100% healthy, and Miami has trouble generating pass rush with 4. I also see a lack of upperclassman talent. I see no one right now draft eligible that is a top 100 player. Maybe someone improves rest of the season, and pushes their way into that, but I don’t think anyone is there right now.

The other thing is with Deriq not being 100% he has turned the ball over way too much. 7 turnovers in 3 games is just too much to win. Especially with the schedule Miami has played, which I would argue is the toughest schedule of anyone in the country.

I would also say Miami’s veterans have let Diaz down. From King’s turnovers, to Harley and Mallory’s drops, to Zion completely whiffing on the biggest play in the Michigan State game. Those guys all need to raise their level of play.

Now to Manny’s recruiting, I would venture to say the last 2 classes are the best back to back classes Miami has signed in a long time. These class have real talent, talent that can be top 100 picks.

I think Manny has done a solid job as the Head Coach of a program that is a 7-5 middle of the pack ACC program. That is how the administration has treated the program for 15 plus years.

Canning Manny now does nothing for me if Blake James is still around. He can’t hire the next HC if a change is made.

If you say well Miami can’t hire a Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops or someone of that caliber, that tells you your answer right there. Why can’t Miami? If the administration won’t bring an alpha HC in, and spend that type of money there is your answer.

So if you are continuing to go after Diaz on here, or on twitter, etc..Just know it does nothing positive.

We have done the same things for the past 15 plus years. Fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach finally gets fired. Next coach comes in, fanbase gets ****ed, creates toxic environment, coach gets fired, then rinse and repeat. Nothing will change unless change starts at the top.
canning CMD with out substantial change amounts to rinse and repeat, w/o changes at AD level and maybe Presidential level
were the same old same. that said CMD teams still look the same in year 3 lacking discipline( penalties , missed assignments, poor tackling)
lack of adjustment to his D, ACC has figured it out. Lack of explosive strength anywhere player development substandard.
we are at a fork in the road break the bank Cristobal or find a guy who can coach and develop players but CMD is not the answer. We would be light years ahead right now if we would have hired B.Davis, Dan Mullen or Greg Schianno.

It depends on whether you want the school to improve academically. Frenk doesn't have the vision to accomplish that. He and James are birds of a feather. Hope everything remains at the status quo and react if anything threatens that. There is no consideration of improvement, just try not to let it all crumble too fast.
I agree with that. I meant it in the context of football. I went back to edit my post but I know it’s hard to separate football & academic status/standing. I do feel that a successful football team will lift the school in academics in terms of putting the school in a better spot but if those academic decisions are being messed up as well, then yeah, increases validity, but I would be willing to let that part on academics play out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would be open to riding with Manny if we were not so terrible at fundamentals across the board.

In year 3 there is no way I can justify him being the head coach when we have regressed in the necessary basic skills of football. To get overpowered or outrun is one thing. What we saw from this team this season is indefensible and should have cost Manny his job already.

OP is right. Frenk has shown no interest in providing Manny with unlimited financial resources to purchase the very best technology to improve our team’s tackling. That’s why we’re the worst tackling team in the country. **** you Frenk! Stop tying Manny’s hands!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back