Gerald Willis

Advertisement
After norton and mcintosh all i see is names. Depth isnt bodies but guys that can actually contribute.
Moten may get a solid look from an NFL team. He's not just a body. Bethel has almost the exact projected style of Willis. Even as a True Frosh DE getting limited burn, he showed he moves well. He's supposedly put on weight and looked solid during Spring. He is not just a "body." Ford is a great prospect, but merely a True Frosh. Unless unique, I don't count on TF DTs.

They are just bodies until they get on the field. So far moten hasnt showed that he is more than a 4th or 5th DT in the rotation. Bethel is new to the position and never played it in a real game.
With that rationale, we wouldn't be able to do much projecting of players on a message board.

Moten is a senior now and hasn't really showed much to this point. He could put it together and have a good sr year.

I like bethel and think he can help once he gets bigger.
I really only judge Moten's last year. Before that, he was a 'tweener in a totally different system. It was a waste for him and for us. It happens. Last year, he was stuck behind 4 really talented guys. In Fall practices, I remember writing about his ability to move and work off blocks to get upfield. Of course, that was practice. I'm cautiously optimistic he'll be more than a body for us behind Norton.

Ill wait untill the entire story check out but Im pretty sure its a case of Pastor Richt strikes again....

GOT DAMMIT MANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look here.

NoleVern with no posts for a couple of weeks.

Lots of stuff going on for him to post about.

But what does he do? He waits for bad news to jump in with both feet with his negative take.

It's like clockwork.

A piece of advice, Nolie.

Mix in a post every once in a while about a non-negative topic, you know like recruiting, or the latest preseason nominations, really anything.

Then you won't be so obvious. Because right now, you're as obvious as a cocokroach on a bed of white rice.

Advertisement
One silver lining, it says he'll return in 2018 which means we have at least one returning DT for that season..

Now I'm not usually optimistic or naive about this stuff especially a kid with the past of Willis.. but this looks like a scenario where he sees the depth chart and has already used his RS and doesn't want to spend another year as a backup. That or grades with the statement from Richt that he's still on the team.

Richt recently talked about getting the DTs to stay as a key part to the 2018 season.. well here's one of them I hope

Advertisement
the 1st part of your post makes no sense. so he wants to take a leave of absence from the team so he can come back in '18? what does that even mean? what are you trying to say?

the 1st part of your post makes no sense. so he wants to take a leave of absence from the team so he can come back in '18? what does that even mean? what are you trying to say?

It was reported on 247 probably where he got it from

Moten may get a solid look from an NFL team. He's not just a body. Bethel has almost the exact projected style of Willis. Even as a True Frosh DE getting limited burn, he showed he moves well. He's supposedly put on weight and looked solid during Spring. He is not just a "body." Ford is a great prospect, but merely a True Frosh. Unless unique, I don't count on TF DTs.

They are just bodies until they get on the field. So far moten hasnt showed that he is more than a 4th or 5th DT in the rotation. Bethel is new to the position and never played it in a real game.
With that rationale, we wouldn't be able to do much projecting of players on a message board.

Moten is a senior now and hasn't really showed much to this point. He could put it together and have a good sr year.

I like bethel and think he can help once he gets bigger.
I really only judge Moten's last year. Before that, he was a 'tweener in a totally different system. It was a waste for him and for us. It happens. Last year, he was stuck behind 4 really talented guys. In Fall practices, I remember writing about his ability to move and work off blocks to get upfield. Of course, that was practice. I'm cautiously optimistic he'll be more than a body for us behind Norton.

I hope you right.

All this does is change up the rotation a bit. No worries. I hope he is back next year, but I agree with many, we may never see him again. Bethel needs to step up and this MF'er needs to get his **** together or we should dump him.

Advertisement
It must be the heat because this kind of **** ****es me off. Kids have the opportunity handed to them to do great things, be a part of something special and even reach the NFL maybe and they can keep their **** together. SMDH. I would have killed for an opportunity to play for the U!

What makes you guys so sure he screwed up? Maybe he did, but there's no evidence so far so what are you all on about?

Advertisement
I think we need to read between the lines. How often do you hear of a kid sitting out season and sticking with the same team. This sounds like some kind of personal or discipline issue the staff is keep close to the vest to preserve what's left of this kids future if he has one. Especially considering he's already had a "checkered" past.

If this was a disciplinary issue, Richt would have kicked him off the team. He's shown zero hesitation about doing that for repeat offenders, as we all know.

Without knowing the actual situation, but with Richt saying it's a LOA and allowing him to stay part of the team, it sounds more like a serious family, medical, or mental health issue. We might never see him play for Miami again, but there's at least a chance he'll be back.

Just hope it's nothing he probably can't recover from (i.e. crippling pain from his knee injury or a RX drug addiction), and hope everything works out for him.

Advertisement
Back