Gerald Willis

Advertisement
First somewhat Quality player. Every other player that has left needed to leave. Including maybe 5 more. I take it back. Gus kind sucked too.

Can't believe how naive some of our fans are.The staff is doing him a favor keeping him on scholarship and around the team and hopefully out of trouble til next spring and the nfl workouts and draft.He's not playing for the canes again.

First somewhat Quality player. Every other player that has left needed to leave. Including maybe 5 more. I take it back. Gus kind sucked too.

Every off season some of our fans post lists of players they think will leave or asked to move on and it's always the jags but those guys have have few options and rather stick around and get the degree.Most of the guys that leave are guys that are good backups but want more playing time or good players like Willis,Grace and AQM that make mistakes.

As usual, some people are jumping off a bridge and some people are too cool to admit this is a problem. But make no mistake, this hurts. This kid was the #3 DT and no position on a football team rotates more than the DTs do. This hurts. Does it kill the team? Of course not. But trust me, the staff was counting on this kid helping out a lot this year. Not having him makes this football team worse. Period.

Advertisement

Depth has taken a hit though.

Allison
Edwards
Yearby
Haskins
Odogwu
Knighton
Jenkins
Willis
Wright
James
Henley

That's a lot of departures in one offseason.

Fines is too slow to play DT at this level, they never should have run Jenkins off the team. This will really hurt as the season progresses.

Depth has taken a hit though.

Allison
Edwards
Yearby
Haskins
Odogwu
Knighton
Jenkins
Willis
Wright
James
Henley

That's a lot of departures in one offseason.

According to your non playing football *** this is normal.

Advertisement
I'm confused, does losing our #3 DT right before fall camp hurt the team or not?

no, in fact it very much helps

I can't believe with all the eyes and ears around this program that no one has even a hint of what's going on

the guys a headcase I must admit, imagine rooming with this sort of dude

I think Thomas should be a 3 technique. He already has more size than Willis. Thomas isn't very quick to be playing the edge on this attacking defense. At least not the direction it is headed. DE is probably the deepest position on the team. Let the 2 Jacksons, Garvin, DJ, Patchan, and Harris rotate at DE. We know Garvin is ready to play now. The kid is as strong as an ox. That's a solid rotation without Thomas. I would still play Thomas at DE against run heavy teams but put him at 3 against the others. At the very least he should be sliding inside on 3rd downs.

Advertisement

Was wondering when this was coming

Bowl win to give us 10. Nobody should be let down by this if it happens. Vegas says 8.5

ACC Championship Game? If not, there is going to be a contingent of "fans" with pitchforks, torches, and a check for Van Wagner's...

We haven't won 10 games in 14 years.

Just give me 10 wins. This team lacks depth.

My sentiments also. We lack depth at too many positions. DB, OL, RB, and now DT. If we can get 10 wins I'll be happy. It would show progress.

Bethel Up! Sucks to lose him, but we have young studs ready to fill the trenches. Bethel is going to ball.

Advertisement

Was wondering when this was coming

Bowl win to give us 10. Nobody should be let down by this if it happens. Vegas says 8.5

ACC Championship Game? If not, there is going to be a contingent of "fans" with pitchforks, torches, and a check for Van Wagner's...

We haven't won 10 games in 14 years.

Just give me 10 wins. This team lacks depth.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just noting there will be some people racing to be among the first to call this staff a failure because their not succeeding at a fast enough pace.

I'd like to see Chad slide inside on passing downs. A line of him, RJ, Joe Jack, and one of the other DEs could terrorize pocket passers and neutralize the legs of dual threat qbs.

one has to speculate it could be grades. IF he failed to reach a GPA target for an out-of-season semester (i.e. spring, summer A, etc...) he would be ineligible for the season, I am pretty sure. I know out of season GPA req is in the 2s... 2.3 or higher maybe. In season was 1.9 the last time I saw compliance docs many yrs ago. Not sure if Miami's reqs are same as NCAA standard but that should apply for NCAA...

Advertisement
Back