Gerald Willis

Moten now steps into the 3rd DT spot and Bethel becomes an important piece of the 2 deep. Just like that. Ford better be ready to work and play some this fall or we will need to look at sliding someone inside.

Scary as ****, and why I found it odd so many people were so "ok" with Courtel's situation.

UM

Advertisement
Moten now steps into the 3rd DT spot and Bethel becomes an important piece of the 2 deep. Just like that. Ford better be ready to work and play some this fall or we will need to look at sliding someone inside.

Scary as ****, and why I found it odd so many people were so "ok" with Courtel's situation.

UM

Thought Courtell was a solid 1tech dude was becoming very disruptive.

Willis wasn't kicked off the team, [TWEET]885901828617113600[/TWEET]

He could come back and be the man at dt next spring but he's not enrolled in school right now.

Not the same since this is right before the season by lsu de all American Arden key left the lsu program on a leave of absence after the season last year and missed all of spring and just came back recently

He could come back and be the man at dt next spring but he's not enrolled in school right now.

Not the same since this is right before the season by lsu de all American Arden key left the lsu program on a leave of absence after the season last year and missed all of spring and just came back recently

I'd be surprised if he every plays here again, won't he be like 22 or 23 yrs old next year? we need to hit up JUCO for DT's immediately

I'd be surprised if he every plays here again, won't he be like 22 or 23 yrs old next year? we need to hit up JUCO for DT's immediately

There's people in college that play football that are older than that all the time

Advertisement
we dont need to have patience for kids like this, get him out of here and lets move on to someone that actually wants to play football

we dont need to have patience for kids like this, get him out of here and lets move on to someone that actually wants to play football

If he wants to come back next year I'm all for it. He can contribute. Plus we have no idea what's going on. It could be a family situation, it could be some mental illness. We have no idea. If Richt still thinks he deserves to be a part of "the UM family" as he stated, then I'm trusting his judgment.

"Leave of absence" is a term of art. It's usually associated with health or other personal issues. Willis has a troubled history, so it could be anything.

Advertisement
Hope he comes back but I'd be shocked if he did.

Tbh....he lasted a lot longer than I expected.

Molten has to be licking his chops.

Hopefully The Black Leprechaun seizes this opportunity and works himself into a draftable position.

ZNUCSKUUROAZOBX.20160712230545.jpg

If he wants to actually get a shot in the NFL, he'll play in 2018

If he just blindly declares next year, he absolutely won't be drafted

Advertisement
Not to speculate, but what if it isn't disciplinary but rather something going on in his life that he can't focus on football? Maybe family trouble or personal health.
Your post makes too much sense. Many posters want to treat Willis leaving as something else. Posters on here like to guess why he is not playing and "dream" up wild reasons.

Not to speculate, but what if it isn't disciplinary but rather something going on in his life that he can't focus on football? Maybe family trouble or personal health.
Your post makes too much sense. Many posters want to treat Willis leaving as something else. Posters on here like to guess why he is not playing and "dream" up wild reasons.

there's nothing wild about someone that has had issues from day 1 of him being able to stand on his feet basically lol

Advertisement
Posters beginning to panic. End of our season. Maybe we should forfeit all the games this season and hope 2018 season will be kinder to us. Too many posters here over react at every little bit of information about the team.

You know the difference between a good teym and a great team? It's called depth, Einstein.

We are suddenly thin at DTackle after the losses of Courtel Jenkins and Gerald Willis. RB Position took a hit by the losses of Gus Edwards and Joe Yearby as well. This could easily make a difference in the win and loss columns this year.

We aren't thin at dt, stop with that nonsense

Norton
Mcintosh
Moten
Bethel
Ford
You know how many teams would love to have that at dt

After norton and mcintosh all i see is names. Depth isnt bodies but guys that can actually contribute.

I hate to lose a kid with ability like Willis but let's take another look at this. You say all you see are names after Norton and McIntosh but what exactly are we being tasked to replace in terms of production from Willis? 19 tackles and 1.5 sacks? I get that he is capable of more but it's not like we are replacing Jerome Brown here.

I also believe that Pat Bethel is going to shock people as he can play. Anthony Moten seems to me to be the perfect example of a talented kid who struggled to put it together for his first 4 years only to put it all together as a mature 5th year senior. That top 4 at DT assuming that Bethel is among it doesn't exactly suck of you ask me.

UM

Thought Courtell was a solid 1tech dude was becoming very disruptive.

How was he becoming very disruptive when he wasnt even playing like that? Dude made that 1 play in the bowl game.

Posters beginning to panic. End of our season. Maybe we should forfeit all the games this season and hope 2018 season will be kinder to us. Too many posters here over react at every little bit of information about the team.

You know the difference between a good teym and a great team? It's called depth, Einstein.

We are suddenly thin at DTackle after the losses of Courtel Jenkins and Gerald Willis. RB Position took a hit by the losses of Gus Edwards and Joe Yearby as well. This could easily make a difference in the win and loss columns this year.

We aren't thin at dt, stop with that nonsense

Norton
Mcintosh
Moten
Bethel
Ford
You know how many teams would love to have that at dt

After norton and mcintosh all i see is names. Depth isnt bodies but guys that can actually contribute.

I hate to lose a kid with ability like Willis but let's take another look at this. You say all you see are names after Norton and McIntosh but what exactly are we being tasked to replace in terms of production from Willis? 19 tackles and 1.5 sacks? I get that he is capable of more but it's not like we are replacing Jerome Brown here.

I also believe that Pat Bethel is going to shock people as he can play. Anthony Moten seems to me to be the perfect example of a talented kid who struggled to put it together for his first 4 years only to put it all together as a mature 5th year senior. That top 4 at DT assuming that Bethel is among it doesn't exactly suck of you ask me.

Moten isnt a 5th year senior.

Lost our second string DTs this offseason. Big loss

Hopefully every Rick offseason doesn't feature this attrition of talented kids.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back