Gerald Willis

We need to get Stan back as a GA solely to keep Willis in the right mindset. This **** sucks though. He was gonna get a lot of burn.

Advertisement
As long as the other 3 guys stay healthy, this is ok. Obviously sucks cause we all wanted to watch DTs rotate and dominate for the first time in 15 years, but I'm just happy it's not at RB or QB.

IMO this loss doesnt impact our W/L.

Posters beginning to panic. End of our season. Maybe we should forfeit all the games this season and hope 2018 season will be kinder to us. Too many posters here over react at every little bit of information about the team.

You know the difference between a good teym and a great team? It's called depth, Einstein.

We are suddenly thin at DTackle after the losses of Courtel Jenkins and Gerald Willis. RB Position took a hit by the losses of Gus Edwards and Joe Yearby as well. This could easily make a difference in the win and loss columns this year.

We aren't thin at dt, stop with that nonsense

Norton
Mcintosh
Moten
Bethel
Ford
You know how many teams would love to have that at dt

After norton and mcintosh all i see is names. Depth isnt bodies but guys that can actually contribute.

Based on the staff comments from the spring both moten and bethel have progressed nicely so I would take the word for it. We will see but it's not a dire situation either though

I don't think I ever recall hearing/seeing someone take a Leave of Absence for an entire football season or part of a season for that matter. I've seen LOA's at work. Has this occurred at UM before?

Advertisement
Another guy The Legend told you wouldn't be around all that long just like Haskings. We didn't get anything out of him, and he was pretty much doomed after his handler the great Stan Dobard graduated.

Sucks to lose a guy like this with great natural ability, but knuckleheads like this just don't mix at all with Rick. Rick's attrition rates are astronomical.

Posters beginning to panic. End of our season. Maybe we should forfeit all the games this season and hope 2018 season will be kinder to us. Too many posters here over react at every little bit of information about the team.

You know the difference between a good teym and a great team? It's called depth, Einstein.

We are suddenly thin at DTackle after the losses of Courtel Jenkins and Gerald Willis. RB Position took a hit by the losses of Gus Edwards and Joe Yearby as well. This could easily make a difference in the win and loss columns this year.

Norton
Mcintosh
Moten
Bethel
Ford

After norton and mcintosh all i see is names. Depth isnt bodies but guys that can actually contribute.
Moten may get a solid look from an NFL team. He's not just a body. Bethel has almost the exact projected style of Willis. Even as a True Frosh DE getting limited burn, he showed he moves well. He's supposedly put on weight and looked solid during Spring. He is not just a "body." Ford is a great prospect, but merely a True Frosh. Unless unique, I don't count on TF DTs.

I wonder what's the cause for this? He won't play this year but is not off the team?

To me sounds like maybe he needs to focus on Academics, perhaps wont be eligible so they are telling him to focus on school. Just speculation.

Advertisement
Numbers are dwindling 2 dt's from our 2 deep gone

What other DT did we lose? Courtel?

Just those 2 but yeah

So we have
Norton
Mcintosh
Moten
Bethel
Ford
Martin

Is Ryan Fines still at DT? Serious question, as I remember there was some rumor a few months ago that he was moving to guard (but he's still listed as a DT). Bottom of the depth chart either way, but at least he's a large body...

Norton
Mcintosh
Moten
Bethel
Ford

I would add Moten but that's it. After him it's hope not certainty that they can contribute significantly.

This guy been a headcase since hs when he tried to fight everybody at his state championship game

And now Courtel Jenkins looks like more of a dumbass than originally. And he's playing for No D in Houston lmao

Advertisement
Conspiracy theorist but I wonder if Richt convinced him to sit out a year for depth in 2018
giphy.gif

Norton
Mcintosh
Moten
Bethel
Ford

Injuries happen. We had better depth last year but still limped into Va Tech with a MASH unit along the DL and it cost us.

Three proven DTs and then players who haven't played DT at the collegiate level. No reason to feel comfortable relying on Bethel and Ford.

Advertisement
Moten ain't done **** in 3 years I wouldn't count on him but maybe the light comes on who knows

Norton
Mcintosh
Moten
Bethel
Ford

Moten may get a solid look from an NFL team. He's not just a body. Bethel has almost the exact projected style of Willis. Even as a True Frosh DE getting limited burn, he showed he moves well. He's supposedly put on weight and looked solid during Spring. He is not just a "body." Ford is a great prospect, but merely a True Frosh. Unless unique, I don't count on TF DTs.

They are just bodies until they get on the field. So far moten hasnt showed that he is more than a 4th or 5th DT in the rotation. Bethel is new to the position and never played it in a real game.

Advertisement
Back