FSU's Little Frenchman worries me with his QB acumen

I got toasted by a number of you here in the first half of the FSU & Ole Miss game pertaining to Francois. The kid has ALL THE GOODS and just needS experience. He can throw on the run, is a very quick & elusive runner, has a cannon for an arm, and he's only a Freshman. I love our Canes dearly but we are going to have to contend with him for at least three more years. Barring any major injury with his potential he could be a possible Hesiman candidate. PLEASE do not tell me the kid can't throw on the run. Yes, he made a few erratic throws and some were a thing of beauty. Did anyone see Brad's performance on Saturday while throwing on the run? It certainly wasn't pretty and they were some awful throws. The people on this board amaze me. Recognize great talent and give the opposing teams and players their due. Lets GO CANES!

People were pumping Chris Rix up early just like this. He could run and had a big arm too.

With Jeff Bowden coaching him

Advertisement
He's one of those QB's who isn't great (at the actual position itself) but is still a pain in the a$$ to defend because of his legs.

I don't know if he was as good as this lil' Zoe, but that kid from USF that we faced a few years back (Shannon era) was very similar. WTF was his name? We beat the breaks off that kid. We had a spy on him all game.

Exactly. No one that knows Xs and Os was impressed by his performance. Good athlete. Did what he was supposed to do but if you cant see that jimbo and the great skill position players were a huge part of his success than i cant trust your opinion.

His legs will help him just like every other athletic college qb but it isnt anything that should be feared and itvaint winning fsu any ships.

This thread is hilarious. Not sure what game you guys were watching.

3 pages of nitpicking the performance of a guy in first start vs a sec defense accounting for 500 yards of offense. Take away every single rushing yard he had if you think it doesnt matter - he still passed for more yards than kaaya has ever had in his 3 year career.

Vs an SEC defense? Oh my, they must be good. Let's check the stats: 2015 Canes vaunted defense was ranked 38th in total passing yards allowed. Ole Miss was ranked 104th out of 127th.
Passing Yards Allowed | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

So if you are shook by a QB tearing up what was statistically one of the worst passing defenses in all college football, then that's on you.

Who cares if it was Mississippi school for the blind? Still impressive performance and again, better passing stats then Kaaya has ever put up - just pointing out the inconsistencies in the analysis.

If you cant see that then you arent being objective.

And technically they were #47 in pass efficiency defense. Not great, but still..

Half this board is looking up " objective" right now.

Wait a **** minute, ya'll telling me the little Frenchman doesn't worry you at all?

C'mon now. Dude threw for over 400 yards in his debut and ran it for 60+

He's going to be a problem, so we might as well all get comfortable with it

He's one of those QB's who isn't great (at the actual position itself) but is still a pain in the a$$ to defend because of his legs.

I don't know if he was as good as this lil' Zoe, but that kid from USF that we faced a few years back (Shannon era) was very similar. WTF was his name? We beat the breaks off that kid. We had a spy on him all game.

Exactly. No one that knows Xs and Os was impressed by his performance. Good athlete. Did what he was supposed to do but if you cant see that jimbo and the great skill position players were a huge part of his success than i cant trust your opinion.

His legs will help him just like every other athletic college qb but it isnt anything that should be feared and itvaint winning fsu any ships.

3 pages of nitpicking the performance of a guy in first start vs a sec defense accounting for 500 yards of offense. Take away every single rushing yard he had if you think it doesnt matter - he still passed for more yards than kaaya has ever had in his 3 year career.

Vs an SEC defense? Oh my, they must be good. Let's check the stats: 2015 Canes vaunted defense was ranked 38th in total passing yards allowed. Ole Miss was ranked 104th out of 127th.

So if you are shook by a QB tearing up what was statistically one of the worst passing defenses in all college football, then that's on you.

Who cares if it was Mississippi school for the blind? Still impressive performance and again, better passing stats then Kaaya has ever put up - just pointing out the inconsistencies in the analysis.

And technically they were #47 in pass efficiency defense. Not great, but still..

Good thing you're typing and not talking because you'd never get all that out with Francois's cox in your throat.

Some sensitive people in here, that's for sure. I guess we should all just say we're great, everyone else sucks.

The biggest indictment that people saw he's got game is how they're trying to ignore it or nitpick it....hoping it's just a fluke. Their DE who had 3 or 4 sacks, everyone knows he's good, saying otherwise would be idiocy of the highest order. So because of that, it's okay to say he had a game.

Bottom line, people would be pumping this guy up as a Heisman candidate one day if he were ours. Just like they did when Wright started off and Jacory had a game. That's funny though, most people have no idea what they're looking at and get emotional. Francois has the potential to be very good, but he's gotta have help from the OL and work on his game. He's got the tough bit and cool under pressure parts down though.

Also, the Winston and him comparisons are way off. Want to compare him to an FSU QB, pick Charlie Ward.

Final thing, those saying it was just the talent around him. OL had a down game and the OL played poorly. It's easy to see you didn't watch the game as it was Jumbo calling what the defense was giving him while attacking multiple spots. Those saying talent probably think Dorsey was just okay, the talent around him win those games.

Advertisement

Bimbo had to call two throwback bootlegs to generate offense. If you cant see how unimpressive that is for a qb starting in a prostyle system.

Just stfu. You clearly dont understand the game enough to know why we arent impressed.

Turn in your Cane card. You diq eating off one home game against a mediocre defense.

At least see him operate in a hostile environment.

He gained about 300 yards on checkdowns to wide open safety valve receivers who were completely uncovered.

Good thing you're typing and not talking because you'd never get all that out with Francois's cox in your throat.

Sorry you don't like the truth. Everyone on this board would rather jerk off a guy whos biggest win is a fluke against Duke last year.

Strong arm, throws on the move, accurate, and can make plays with his legs.

I think we can get FSU this year (we NEED to be FSU this season), but the Frenchman is going to be dangerous by game 5.

Accurate?
8CA46071-C42E-483F-89AC-F95B69B1E2C6_zpsehqybo6s.gif

Advertisement

Sorry you don't like the truth. Everyone on this board would rather jerk off a guy whos biggest win is a fluke against Duke last year.

^^^^not a Cane^^^^^^

Bimbo had to call two throwback bootlegs to generate offense. If you cant see how unimpressive that is for a qb starting in a prostyle system.

Just stfu. You clearly dont understand the game enough to know why we arent impressed.

Turn in your Cane card. You diq eating off one home game against a mediocre defense.

Not sure why taking away 2 plays proves your point.

What I watched in the 1st half of the game was a RS freshman who was lost & inaccurate. Didn't watch 2nd half because I fell asleep. Ole Miss' pass defense sucks. They sucked in the first half too. That kid could not hit the broadside of a barn!

Advertisement
Ole Miss is hyped up because they are in the SEC and beat Bama. They are still Ole Miss to me. After losing that DL they are about average to me.

Kid is decent, but I'd have to see him play more games before I annoint him. Plus playing us at home in that building. I like our chances to Fluster him. His completion percentage was not all that. Basically I have to see more of him before it worries me. I remember Jacory lighting up the Noles in Tally

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

More worried about 44

I agree. Someone better step up and block 44.

We'll be running the ball a lot more than Ole Miss. If our running game is successful 44 won't be pinning his ears back and chasing the QB down every snap.

Exactly. Fsu gotta prove they can stop the run cuz were going to run that thang.

Kind of retarded to compare total yards when one team had the slowest offense in the country while the other had the fastest offense.

More possessions for ole miss to stop buddy. Not rocket science

SP opponent adjusted stats put ole miss 20th and miami 54th last year.

Ole miss 30th In passing, miami 38th...

Ole miss 11th in havoc rate (tfl,sack, passes defended/total plays), miami 84th.

Ole miss was a top 25 defense last year.

They have one of the best DL in the country. LB,Secondary are rebuilding though.

Last edited:
Room for questions in Ole Miss defense

"There is a ton of room for improvement in the passing game. The Rebels ranked 13th in the SEC, allowing 258.8 yards per game. Only Arkansas was worse. Georgia ranked first and gave up about 102 fewer yards passing per game.

In a loss to Memphis, Chad Kelly threw for 440 yards, but in the loss, Memphis QB Paxton Lynch threw for 384. In its other two losses, Arkansas threw for 442 and Florida 271.

The Rebels were next to last in the conference with 157 first downs allowed through the air, next to last in plays of 15-plus yards allowed with 75 and had the 12th-worst mark allowing 25 passing plays of 25 or more yards."

Advertisement
Wait a **** minute, ya'll telling me the little Frenchman doesn't worry you at all?

No, all of us aren't in the fetal position worried about Francis...
You're just representative of the left over Foldenized fans who have been castrated & simply don't have the cojones to make it through a season without hyperventilating every time a team we're going to play wins a game.

Im not going to give an entire breakdown of his work. I shouldnt have to. Those two plays were enough for me.

Great playcalls by Bimbo but its so elementary compared to his typical prostyle system. Those type of plays are there to protect a qb who cant grasp the offense completely.

As Lucane posted several times during the game " one read" which means Bimbo doesnt trust the guy.

Just like Auburn did in the ship.. ole miss played into bimbos favor by playing prevent/base defense.

Strictly going away from what got them the lead in the in the first place.

Like chise already pointed out he got a lot of yards from check downs as well as 1 read plays.

Bimbo already knows that if you go prevent against florida speed you dont stand a chance because of the open field ability of the athletes.

So what game were you watching kumquat?

A game you clearly dont understand by not being sure why those 2 plays prove my point.

Its a shame i have to do this...

LOL at Jizzbutt's *** soldiers in here with their facqy faces buried deep in Francis's *******. If you're UM fans and not FSU trolls, then you should kill yourselves because you're worthless and weak.

look at the defense he was going against

coach kool might have something a little bit different in mind

Advertisement
Back