FSU's Little Frenchman worries me with his QB acumen

The Svengali

Sophomore
Strong arm, throws on the move, accurate, and can make plays with his legs.

I think we can get FSU this year (we NEED to be FSU this season), but the Frenchman is going to be dangerous by game 5.

Advertisement
As long as our corners don't play 15 yards off every receiver like ole miss did he won't get anywhere near the same looks.

Last edited:
Stares down routes.

He was good in the 2nd half but Ole Miss was completely gassed on defense after their QB started turning the ball over and they got trapped on the field. Most of his receivers were running wide open late in the game.

Advertisement
1st Half he was staring holes through his receivers. He bounced back second half though and looked better. I think he you press their receivers and make him hold the ball is where he will get into some trouble.

1st Half he was staring holes through his receivers. He bounced back second half though and looked better. I think he you press their receivers and make him hold the ball is where he will get into some trouble.

This! Make Francois hold the ball and change up the looks you give him. Make him throw into tight windows with pressure in his face. If our DL can generate consistent pressure, I think we can get him to throw 3 picks. Shaq and the gang will have to get proper depth on their drops however because we all know FSU will be looking to attack down the seam. I'm extremely curious to see what Manny does in terms of his game plan.

Advertisement
He's one of those QB's who isn't great (at the actual position itself) but is still a pain in the a$$ to defend because of his legs.

I don't know if he was as good as this lil' Zoe, but that kid from USF that we faced a few years back (Shannon era) was very similar. WTF was his name? We beat the breaks off that kid. We had a spy on him all game.

He's one of those QB's who isn't great (at the actual position itself) but is still a pain in the a$$ to defend because of his legs.

I don't know if he was as good as this lil' Zoe, but that kid from USF that we faced a few years back (Shannon era) was very similar. WTF was his name? We beat the breaks off that kid. We had a spy on him all game.

Bj Daniel?

Advertisement

BJ Daniels. Now plays WR.

It's funny to me how people try and nitpick his performance. Were he ours and after his comeback, people would be predicting Heisman's.

He led FSU to their largest comeback ever.

He threw for over 400 yards, ran twice for 31 yards totalling however many total. He also never had much protection, at least not for very long. Dude took some big hits and kept on going.

All of this against a perceived decent opponent, how decent time will tell. He got it done with his arm and feet, end of story. If the OL can keep him upright and healthy, he'll only get better. His confidence has to be through the roof after that win.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back