FSU's Little Frenchman worries me with his QB acumen

Advertisement
Strong arm, throws on the move, accurate, and can make plays with his legs.

I think we can get FSU this year (we NEED to be FSU this season), but the Frenchman is going to be dangerous by game 5.

Did we watch the same game? Accurate is the last adjective I would use for his passing abilities. Strong arm, yes. Throws on the move? Maybe, need to see more. Make plays with his legs, without a doubt.

I agree. Someone better step up and block 44.

We'll be running the ball a lot more than Ole Miss. If our running game is successful 44 won't be pinning his ears back and chasing the QB down every snap.

Exactly. Fsu gotta prove they can stop the run cuz were going to run that thang.

We gotta prove we can run the ball lol

Over 300 yrds rushing with three different backs isnt proof?

Against FAMU?

Nah...

We have to maintain our rush lanes and not let him get outside the pocket and make plays with his legs. Gonna be different this time with them having a mobile qb that can pass. Their WR aren't dynamic so covering them won't be as difficult.

Athletic. Throws well the run. Looked to stare down his receivers and didn't seem incredibly accurate. Jimbo called a great half to give him easy reads.

I think he'll be a good player and if he continues improving his vision and mechanics could be very good.

Didn't see one throw in traffic or into a tight window. Didn't see much anticipation either. Not that he's not capable, but Ole Miss made it very easy with that soft zone. Also, isn't the tallest and has a low release point. If we can keep him in the pocket I think we will be ok.

Advertisement
I agree. Someone better step up and block 44.

We'll be running the ball a lot more than Ole Miss. If our running game is successful 44 won't be pinning his ears back and chasing the QB down every snap.

Exactly. Fsu gotta prove they can stop the run cuz were going to run that thang.

We gotta prove we can run the ball lol

Over 300 yrds rushing with three different backs isnt proof?

Its Famu...how old are you seriously?

Ole Miss had absolutely no film to go off of to prepare, no idea what to expect. They were coming at him and getting to him but the CBs were giving the receivers 10 yards of cushion. Defeated the purpose of putting the pressure on him that they did. They'd been better off containing him, forcing him to read the defense and throw out of the pocket. Or do what we'll do, press the receivers and get after him.

It'll be a lot easier to prepare after we have film on him of Ole Miss and Louisville.

Ole Miss could end up being awful this year. We all agree that preseason ranks are ridiculous, so pretty good odds that Ole Miss didn't derserve to have started #11 . What Francois did could be a function of playing a terrible team and leaving him lots of open receivers. Just like I don't think a victory over FAMU is a good barometer of our success, I don't think that Francois's one game performance is anything to get shook about. Could be a fluke performance against a terrible team. They have Charleston Southern next, he tears them up too. Wouldn't start shining the Heisman yet. Week 3 Louisville he might finally see a real defense, then you'll know if it's OK to pee your pants before he plays the Canes

I got toasted by a number of you here in the first half of the FSU & Ole Miss game pertaining to Francois. The kid has ALL THE GOODS and just needS experience. He can throw on the run, is a very quick & elusive runner, has a cannon for an arm, and he's only a Freshman. I love our Canes dearly but we are going to have to contend with him for at least three more years. Barring any major injury with his potential he could be a possible Hesiman candidate. PLEASE do not tell me the kid can't throw on the run. Yes, he made a few erratic throws and some were a thing of beauty. Did anyone see Brad's performance on Saturday while throwing on the run? It certainly wasn't pretty and they were some awful throws. The people on this board amaze me. Recognize great talent and give the opposing teams and players their due. Lets GO CANES!

Advertisement
HE needs to worry about the fact that Al and his boyfriend are NOT here anymore and some very violent Canes are coming his way, something his coaches have not had to deal with in years.

I got toasted by a number of you here in the first half of the FSU & Ole Miss game pertaining to Francois. The kid has ALL THE GOODS and just needS experience. He can throw on the run, is a very quick & elusive runner, has a cannon for an arm, and he's only a Freshman. I love our Canes dearly but we are going to have to contend with him for at least three more years. Barring any major injury with his potential he could be a possible Hesiman candidate. PLEASE do not tell me the kid can't throw on the run. Yes, he made a few erratic throws and some were a thing of beauty. Did anyone see Brad's performance on Saturday while throwing on the run? It certainly wasn't pretty and they were some awful throws. The people on this board amaze me. Recognize great talent and give the opposing teams and players their due. Lets GO CANES!

People were pumping Chris Rix up early just like this. He could run and had a big arm too.

Advertisement

Can Jacory Harris Bring The Heisman and a Championship To Miami? | Bleacher Report

Go back and watch all his throws.

In the 1st half, Ole Miss blitzed every fcking play and the kid was scared ****less.

The 2nd half, Ole Miss goes Dorito mode; gives receivers 10+ yard cushion.

Kid lights them up. Almost Every pass in the 2nd half that he completed was to a receiver with literally nobody around him within 5 yards.

ANY D1 QB IN THE COUNTRY CAN MAKE THESE THROWS.

Fvck this little French pu$$y. I ain't scared of that ****got. Be worried about #44 on D. And blitz Francois every play.

He won't make it the full year. That I can almost guarentee. Our D-Line is going to terrorize Fsu's o-line. That's how were gonna win that football game.

Advertisement
Go back and watch all his throws.

In the 1st half, Ole Miss blitzed every fcking play and the kid was scared ****less.

The 2nd half, Ole Miss goes Dorito mode; gives receivers 10+ yard cushion.

Kid lights them up. Almost Every pass in the 2nd half that he completed was to a receiver with literally nobody around him within 5 yards.

ANY D1 QB IN THE COUNTRY CAN MAKE THESE THROWS.

Fvck this little French pu$$y. I ain't scared of that ****got. Be worried about #44 on D. And blitz Francois every play.

Not sure what game people were watching....most impressive thing he showed was his running. Those throws were easy. Nothing special about them.

He's one of those QB's who isn't great (at the actual position itself) but is still a pain in the a$$ to defend because of his legs.

I don't know if he was as good as this lil' Zoe, but that kid from USF that we faced a few years back (Shannon era) was very similar. WTF was his name? We beat the breaks off that kid. We had a spy on him all game.

Exactly. No one that knows Xs and Os was impressed by his performance. Good athlete. Did what he was supposed to do but if you cant see that jimbo and the great skill position players were a huge part of his success than i cant trust your opinion.

His legs will help him just like every other athletic college qb but it isnt anything that should be feared and itvaint winning fsu any ships.

This thread is hilarious. Not sure what game you guys were watching.

3 pages of nitpicking the performance of a guy in first start vs a sec defense accounting for 500 yards of offense. Take away every single rushing yard he had if you think it doesnt matter - he still passed for more yards than kaaya has ever had in his 3 year career.

He's one of those QB's who isn't great (at the actual position itself) but is still a pain in the a$$ to defend because of his legs.

I don't know if he was as good as this lil' Zoe, but that kid from USF that we faced a few years back (Shannon era) was very similar. WTF was his name? We beat the breaks off that kid. We had a spy on him all game.

Exactly. No one that knows Xs and Os was impressed by his performance. Good athlete. Did what he was supposed to do but if you cant see that jimbo and the great skill position players were a huge part of his success than i cant trust your opinion.

His legs will help him just like every other athletic college qb but it isnt anything that should be feared and itvaint winning fsu any ships.

3 pages of nitpicking the performance of a guy in first start vs a sec defense accounting for 500 yards of offense. Take away every single rushing yard he had if you think it doesnt matter - he still passed for more yards than kaaya has ever had in his 3 year career.

Vs an SEC defense? Oh my, they must be good. Let's check the stats: 2015 Canes vaunted defense was ranked 38th in total passing yards allowed. Ole Miss was ranked 104th out of 127th.
Passing Yards Allowed | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

So if you are shook by a QB tearing up what was statistically one of the worst passing defenses in all college football, then that's on you.

Vs an SEC defense? Oh my, they must be good. Let's check the stats: 2015 Canes vaunted defense was ranked 38th in total passing yards allowed. Ole Miss was ranked 104th out of 127th.
Passing Yards Allowed | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

So if you are shook by a QB tearing up what was statistically one of the worst passing defenses in all college football, then that's on you.

Who cares if it was Mississippi school for the blind? Still impressive performance and again, better passing stats then Kaaya has ever put up - just pointing out the inconsistencies in the analysis.

If you cant see that then you arent being objective.

And technically they were #47 in pass efficiency defense. Not great, but still..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back