FSU recruiting done/ Rhett Lashlee future

Advertisement
actually you might be right. So maybe we want auburn to keep going 8-5 and be irrelevant haha. Not sure they would go to the Malzahn tree after firing the guy Lashlee learned from.
More than auburn I’m scared of a team like South Carolina who will probably fire muschamp if he has another bad season. I could see that being an attractive HC job for lashlee.

More than auburn I’m scared of a team like South Carolina who will probably fire muschamp if he has another bad season. I could see that being an attractive HC job for lashlee.

too me that’s lateral at best for Lashlee. He has no chance to win at South Carolina so he would only be leaving for the money. sCAr will never compete with Georgia, Florida or even Tennessee in the east let alone the west teams.

FSU really hasn't been a problem for us since Richt got here...

It's UF, Auburn, UGA & Bama that we have to overcome on the recruiting trail.

Particularly at CB & WR, Auburn & Bama have taken some good WR's from us & UF keeps snatching good Corners.

For the future, what we need to become is either a QB transfer destination like Oklahoma was for several years, or develop a really good QB that can carry us to Charlotte annually.

Plus, search high & low until we find 2 good lockdown corners that can anchor the Defense, that's really all we're missing as a program. Defensively, we'll maintain our stronghold on the DLine with the great recruiting we're doing at DL & DT, the LB corps has a nice infusion of speed coming as well, the Safety group will be ELITE, all we need is more cover corners & we're set. (And mind you I'm talking about future recruiting classes).

As long as we keep Lashlee & Coach Justice we're getting close to being legitimate contenders, but this season will pay huge dividends moving forward in the 22 & 23 classes.
Who is the next Lashlee? You generally have guys identified, hence my question.

Advertisement
Lashlee should only leave for a P5 job. Arkansas will be after him.

After him for what? They won't fire Pittman after one season.

Edit: Also Lashlee seems to be strategic. I know a SEC job may be hard to turn down, but he's gotta know you can't win consistently at Arky. You're starting off AT BEST 5th in the division, let alone the conference.

Don't think for one second AU folks aren't paying close attention to how Rhett does.
Oh...no doubt.

But, when it comes to coaching hires there are different schools of thought. Some clamor for past heroes who are doing well (e.g., Miami fans and the love affair by many with Mario), while others want a fresh start with new blood as they consider their current regime a failed experiment (e.g., Miami fans hating on the Many hire preferring instead somebody not previously affiliated with the program). If Auburn opts for the former, then Rhett has to be at the top of their list (despite zero HC experience). However, if they want to wipe the slate clean, then they will go in a completely different direction.

Advertisement
too me that’s lateral at best for Lashlee. He has no chance to win at South Carolina so he would only be leaving for the money. sCAr will never compete with Georgia, Florida or even Tennessee in the east let alone the west teams.

USCe is not a prestige job. Decent but not top tier. USCw on the other hand would be attractive. But there is 0.1% chance that USCw fires Helton after this season.

Advertisement
actually you might be right. So maybe we want auburn to keep going 8-5 and be irrelevant haha. Not sure they would go to the Malzahn tree after firing the guy Lashlee learned from.
Lashlee learned from a couple guys. He took things from all his mentors and has had better offenses than them

From a recruiting standpoint, we did exactly what we needed to do last night. A plus on that front.

Zach Kittley, Joey Halzle, Matt Clark, Clark Harrell & Christian Taylor.

Not really young guys but two very good X's & O's gurus, Mike Canales & Ken Collums.

Any good pro style guys out there...at some point we should get back to our roots. This modern explosive offense is for pussies.
Specifically someone that features the full back dive a lot.

Advertisement
Bruh if malzahn gets canned they could come for lashlee lol

Why though? Lashlee runs the same offensive principles and he coached with Malzahn for years. If they move on, you don't think they would want to completely move on from that coaching tree?

Athletic departments have really taken a big hit financially this year that will affect things for several years. Coaches will have a longer leash from administration due to Covid. I think we have him at least two years and year two he will have to do it without king. If he does a great job w offense after king, then he will get some good offers.

Advertisement
Back