FSU recruiting done/ Rhett Lashlee future

you guys are really funny on this site. We acknowledge our place in college football or at least we should be but we’re so eager to concede defeat when it comes to coaches. I’ve got news for you. There aren’t any better jobs than a Miami that wins 10 a year even if you’re just the oc. He isn’t going to be a HC just to be a HC he’s positioning himself for a great job. He won’t leave for a program that’s beneath us

Advertisement
I hope he sticks around too but I don't wanna gas my self up. (We can't ever have nice things)

Manny has two guys that have been OCs:

WR coach Rob Likens, who spent the 2018-19 seasons as offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach at Arizona State
OL coach Garin Justice, who spent the 2019 season as offensive coordinator / offensive line coach at UNLV
And they weren't good, reason why they are position coaches again.

Possibly. When Lashlee leaves, he'll be replaced with someone with OC experience who studied under Lashlee.

Advertisement
Bruh if malzahn gets canned they could come for lashlee lol

Auburn fans were calling for Lashee’s head when he was OC and openly cheered when Gus took over play calling.

Lashlee left his non playing calling OC position to go to UConn just to get away. Don’t see him ever going back.

Advertisement
Gotta think Lashlee stays for a few years. IMO he's not going to take a lower level HC job but if someone like Auburn or Arkansas (his alma mater) comes knocking, he'll seriously consider. Arkansas just got a new HC and don't think Malzahn is going anywhere, so hopefully we're good for awhile.

We better give him a raise too if his offense keeps playing like this too.

I believe Baker coaches the linebackers and Patke coaches the Striker position and STs. I might be wrong. Clearly, if Patke coach's the LBs as well then there sufficient room for criticism since we have NOT recruited that position well and it's our weakest unit (IMHO) on the field. But, if he's not responsible for LBs then I have a hard time justifying the hate for Patke based solely on the development and performance of the Striker position and STs.

It feels like everybody adds Patke to the Rumph conversation somewhat unfairly (maybe...maybe not). Kinda like throwing the baby out with the bath water....

Just looking for confirmation from others if the Patke criticism (from a coaching perspective, not as a recruiter) is fully warranted.
A lot of it, for me, is his lack of recruiting

Don't think for one second AU folks aren't paying close attention to how Rhett does.
I'll blow that whole **** school up if they get him. Those cheating ***** already drop bags for our local recruits.

Likens seems like the proper choice. Already has Power 5 OC experience. Hopefully he's learning everything he can from Lashlee right now
I actually prefer Justice, I think he has the "it" factor. He's doing amazing work with the o-line as well.

Advertisement
Lashlee has 10 year old twins that he has moved around 3 times in the last few years. He’s really a family man, his wife and kids love it in South Florida. IMO if he gets paid he sticks around until the kids are in HS.
No way man lol first of all we will be lucky to hold onto him after this year. Dude turned one of the worst offenses last year to a team that has scored 30 plus every game and dropped 50 in a rivalry. We will be lucky to get 2 years. However a move that was hidden is the hire of rob likens who was the oc at Arizona state and runs a similar offense and him seeing Rhett's playbook is even better

Lashlee is outta here after this year, if the offense keeps producing like this.

Maybe Lashlee finds the prospect of top recruits here locally a bit tempting to stay a while and pop a National Championship before busting out.

Just MAYBE - the Missus likes the area and would like to stay put for a while - since we know Manny's going to get Lashlee some big bucks from UM and boosters to remain for a while.

Constantly moving in time gets to be a load of crap - you find yourself in a happy situation - you want to enjoy it for a while before pitching it out the door.

And being OC at UM - much more stable than even a HC position elsewhere. One third the headaches - one third the pressure.

Advertisement
Lashlee has 10 year old twins that he has moved around 3 times in the last few years. He’s really a family man, his wife and kids love it in South Florida. IMO if he gets paid he sticks around until the kids are in HS.
And don't forget this covid virus is going to affect coaching vacancies. A lot of coaches on the bubble are going to get a pass. If I was Lashlee, I'd wait until a good vacancy opens, a P5 school with natural recruiting potential. At this point he has nothing to gain hanging out at a MAC school.

More than auburn I’m scared of a team like South Carolina who will probably fire muschamp if he has another bad season. I could see that being an attractive HC job for lashlee.
South Carolina will never win in the SEC. He should avoid them even if he's pursued. He needs to go to a school that has a legitimate chance to get to the playoffs.

Advertisement
Back