FSU recruiting done/ Rhett Lashlee future

I think King will stay another year because this is a crazy stupid loaded NFL draft. Lawerence, Fields, Lance, Newman, Trask (hate to say it), Purdy, & **** KJ Costello is gonna throw for 10 billion yards too. I think we see him & lashlee take on bama next year. Anyway, enjoy it. Let's go beat Clemson.

Advertisement
Most fans understand and agree with the sentiment on Rumph. One game will not change that view. However, why all the hate for Patke? Honest question. Is it simply because of his recruiting efforts (lack thereof)? Is it because he's a little corny?

The striker position has played well under his tutelage. The special teams have excelled this year (minus Pope's drops). He is highly thought of by Richt and Manny as it relates to coaching acumen.

Sometimes i think Patke gets unfairly bunched with Rumph...not sure and looking for insight from those who want him gone.

The Special Teams have excelled? Rule #1 on Special Teams is field the f@#%ing kick.

The onside kick allowed against UL was very, very bad. Yes, Borregales and Hedley are beasts, but let's not pretend that ST have been phenomenal.

Lashlee is outta here after this year, if the offense keeps producing like this.
Not necessarily. I completely understand where you are coming from but I think that Lashlee may see a huge value in staying here for a few years and resurrecting this once proud program. Lashlee has a unique opportunity here to really establish himself as the or one of the premier minds of offensive football. He has the golden opportunity to build this program all the way up and prove that this tiny private school in Coral Gables can be a consistently viable and legitimately sustainable ACC title, playoff and national title contender.

Sure he will have the chance to leave to be an HC somewhere but he may want to stay put for a few years and wait for the perfect job to open up. We will most definitely need to pay him like the best OC in the country however and Ed Reed has the influence to make sure that happen.

Another thing to consider is the appeal that the job of OC at Miami is going to have now that Lashlee has shown what it looks like when you put UM players in a system to plays to their strengths. If and when Lashlee leaves I think we can expect to many bright young OCs and even some veteran OCs tripping all over each other for the opportunity to be the OC here.

More than auburn I’m scared of a team like South Carolina who will probably fire muschamp if he has another bad season. I could see that being an attractive HC job for lashlee.

If he's gonna go, he's not gonna go to a consistently middling P5 program to get whooped by the power teams year in, year out.

It makes zero sense.

Advertisement
Or what??? Cause I don't understand ****.
WHEN the offense keeps producing like this, Lashlee WILL BE outta here after this year!!
Now what?
Man I was being sarcastic but whatever! I’ll never probably meet u so it don’t matter! Ur probably a Klown anyway

Lol they fired Chad Morris within 2 years.
Well, Morris went 4-20 and 0-16 in conference play. He lost by 4 touchdowns to North Texas. And he lost to San Jose State lost year. They were beyond awful. they were rarely even competitive in conference play.He deserved to be fired.

Not sure how long Pittman is going to last., and as much of a dumpster fire they are, I'm not sure why they would pick a career assistant who has been quite the journeyman to boot.

I think King will stay another year because this is a crazy stupid loaded NFL draft. Lawerence, Fields, Lance, Newman, Trask (hate to say it), Purdy, & **** KJ Costello is gonna throw for 10 billion yards too. I think we see him & lashlee take on bama next year. Anyway, enjoy it. Let's go beat Clemson.
Then we are in the national title discussion next year if King somehow stays. Be interesting to see how many kids want to stay as opposed to declare if King says yes I'm coming back to win a title. Maybe ER can sit these young bucks down and have a serious one on one. Of course, if this is truly a cinderella season, lol, then all bets our off.

Advertisement
I doubt that, but it would be glorious.

I doubt King would even give staying much thought unless Lashlee talks him into staying with him. But Im not surprised by anything these days when it comes to what we are able to pull off

you guys are really funny on this site. We acknowledge our place in college football or at least we should be but we’re so eager to concede defeat when it comes to coaches. I’ve got news for you. There aren’t any better jobs than a Miami that wins 10 a year even if you’re just the oc. He isn’t going to be a HC just to be a HC he’s positioning himself for a great job. He won’t leave for a program that’s beneath us
This is our card for keeping him around.

Arkansauce (the school most likely to offer a jerb at a high level) JUST hired a new corch.

Our pitch to Lash is simple: keep this train rolling. There's no point in being OC at South Carolina or HC at Texas State.

Advertisement
Temple hires Manny back? I think we'd have our new HC on staff.

Seriously, though, this has to open the eyes of everyone in and around UM football. Good things happen when you get with the times. Even if Lashlee bolts tomorrow, we know what kind of O we should be running now. That by itself has made this a huge success.

Lashlee is a sharp dude. He wont take a HC gig unless he knows he can be successful there and win quickly. What is playing in our favor is lots of schools are going to give coaches a pass if they tank this year due to Covid. I hope this works out in our favor and there are no jobs that he really wants

This fan base lives in fear. Lashlee has been an amazing hire and is a dynamic OC that fits in here really well, but don't forget the guy who identified him and got him to come while his own *** was getting hot is Manny Diaz. Lashlee, like almost everyone in the world, is replaceable. Some guys are harder than others to replace, but we have the guy who found him already on the job if need be, and don't think he isn't already gaming this out. It will also be MUCH, MUCH, MUCH easier to draw a top OC that fits what we are trying to do than it was when we hired Rhett. This is already a MUCH better job than it was six months ago. The blueprint is in place, we landed an excellent recruiting class, we have another one on deck, and we are THE STORY in CFB right now. They will be lining up, especially if the guy before them gets a top HC gig after one year as the UM OC.

I am not slighting Rhett in the least. I hope he and his family realize how great life can be here and gets off the coaching merry-go-round for a hot minute. He's been amazing and I hope he stays for a good long while. But this program isn't going to crash if he leaves for a top job. We're ready for greatness.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back