FSU recruiting done/ Rhett Lashlee future

IcemanArcade

Go Canes
RIP FSU recruiting, those bozos will be gone for a while, not even Norvell can save them, Also gone are the days of the best players from south Florida (Central, MNW, Booker T etc) going up to trailerhassee and dominating. This win definitely impacts recruiting without us landing one recruit from this game. It keeps them out of trailerhassee which is better for us. We keep the roosters and chaneys home, and those bums have our leftovers.

Advertisement
FSU really hasn't been a problem for us since Richt got here...

It's UF, Auburn, UGA & Bama that we have to overcome on the recruiting trail.

Particularly at CB & WR, Auburn & Bama have taken some good WR's from us & UF keeps snatching good Corners.

For the future, what we need to become is either a QB transfer destination like Oklahoma was for several years, or develop a really good QB that can carry us to Charlotte annually.

Plus, search high & low until we find 2 good lockdown corners that can anchor the Defense, that's really all we're missing as a program. Defensively, we'll maintain our stronghold on the DLine with the great recruiting we're doing at DL & DT, the LB corps has a nice infusion of speed coming as well, the Safety group will be ELITE, all we need is more cover corners & we're set. (And mind you I'm talking about future recruiting classes).

As long as we keep Lashlee & Coach Justice we're getting close to being legitimate contenders, but this season will pay huge dividends moving forward in the 22 & 23 classes.

Plus, search high & low until we find 2 good lockdown corners that can anchor the Defense, that's really all we're missing as a program. Defensively, we'll maintain our stronghold on the DLine with the great recruiting we're doing at DL & DT, the LB corps has a nice infusion of speed coming as well, the Safety group will be ELITE, all we need is more cover corners & we're set. (And mind you I'm talking about future recruiting classes).

As long as we keep Lashlee & Coach Justice we're getting close to being legitimate contenders, but this season will pay huge dividends moving forward in the 22 & 23 classes.
Feeling pretty smart because I've been on here saying a lot of the same thing(s). I'm sad to say the biggest consistent problem seems to be at CB. I'm very, very stoked by the emphasis Diaz has put on speed on the team. Safeties at Miami have always been superlative but yes, we have potential for an elite Safety unit. If Bolden is a harbinger for things to come, I'm elated.

I'm really concerned about the evolution at LB given the departure of the Old Guard. We need an alpha and identity there. I'd also like to see one guy step up as the overall alpha on D. Lots of dogs there... somebody needs to be THE guy.

The MUCH bigger problem is "as long as we keep Lashlee and Justice" because I'm not entirely assured the Trustees understand what it takes to win at the big level. I'm more encouraged than I was before we hired Richt, but what happens when things are running at a high level and you need to keep someone?

Particularly at CB & WR, Auburn & Bama have taken some good WR's from us & UF keeps snatching good Corners.

For the future, what we need to become is either a QB transfer destination like Oklahoma was for several years, or develop a really good QB that can carry us to Charlotte annually.

That’s a good catch on Bama taking our WR’s. They live on SF WR’s and UF getting corners. We get the good ones to stay home and poach good QB’s being recruited by lesser teams or good transfers and we’re cookn baby.

Advertisement
Lashlee is outta here after this year, if the offense keeps producing like this.
Exactly! He will be gone...we need to be looking for another spread offense guy. Someone watching his installations, playcalling, verbiage. Keep his system though. Photocopy his playbook, just don't let him walk empty handed. He will be a hot home in real estate terms.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Was ****ed when Auburn took Tennison from us. Agree that CB recruiting is a missed opportunity to take us to the next level. Love some of our LBs, but i want to see someone step up and turn into a game changer. We played lights out tonight, but im still no sold on Baker. Ideally, id like to hire a DC equivalent to Lashlee, and upgrade Rumph and Patke.

Offensively, Lashlee is the ******* man! Need to start the gofundme now to keep him here as long as possible.

1601208049875.gif

Omarion Cooper? Wonder if we are even on his radar

Advertisement
Lashlee has 10 year old twins that he has moved around 3 times in the last few years. He’s really a family man, his wife and kids love it in South Florida. IMO if he gets paid he sticks around until the kids are in HS.
That would be great but there’s no way in **** he stays more than two years. We will be lucky to keep him for next year.

Advertisement
That would be great but there’s no way in **** he stays more than two years. We will be lucky to keep him for next year.
He’s only 37 with no Head Coaching experience, he’d most likely go to Central Michigan type school first unless he stays put in Miami for 3-4 years. It all depends on how quickly does he want to be a head coach. IE wants his dream job and how does he get there? It could be not even college but an NFL gig.

Lashlee has 10 year old twins that he has moved around 3 times in the last few years. He’s really a family man, his wife and kids love it in South Florida. IMO if he gets paid he sticks around until the kids are in HS.
We got to open pocket like Clemson for him to stay. He's too good of a leader and franchise explained it well....he's hard on the kids but not hard where kids hate him.

He's got 10 year old twins AND 4 year old twins. Tough to keep moving a young family. I don't think he'll move for just ANY job but if the right one comes along, who knows what he'll do...

Advertisement
Back