FSU recruiting done/ Rhett Lashlee future

Hopefully it’s not this year and he sticks around for at least 2 but you are correct. It’s only a matter of time which means Manny needs to have to plan B already in the works. Lashlee is soooo good!
I hope he sticks around too but I don't wanna gas my self up. (We can't ever have nice things)

Manny has two guys that have been OCs:

WR coach Rob Likens, who spent the 2018-19 seasons as offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach at Arizona State
OL coach Garin Justice, who spent the 2019 season as offensive coordinator / offensive line coach at UNLV

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lashlee is outta here after this year, if the offense keeps producing like this.

Lashee won’t leave for a OC job because he wants to be a HC and not stay at OC level.

Not many HC jobs will be open this year because of the pandemic and schools having record financial losses. The schools that will openings (southern miss so far) would be a severe step down.

I see him staying 2 years, developing recruiting ties in south Florida and then taking a HC job at a place like South Carolina, Tennessee, NC State, or VT

Lashee won’t leave for a OC job because he wants to be a HC and not stay at OC level.

Not many HC jobs will be open this year because of the pandemic and schools having record financial losses. The schools that will openings (southern miss so far) would be a severe step down.

I see him staying 2 years, developing recruiting ties in south Florida and then taking a HC job at a place like South Carolina, Tennessee, NC State, or VT
I could see him in Texas

FSU really hasn't been a problem for us since Richt got here...

It's UF, Auburn, UGA & Bama that we have to overcome on the recruiting trail.

Particularly at CB & WR, Auburn & Bama have taken some good WR's from us & UF keeps snatching good Corners.

For the future, what we need to become is either a QB transfer destination like Oklahoma was for several years, or develop a really good QB that can carry us to Charlotte annually.

Plus, search high & low until we find 2 good lockdown corners that can anchor the Defense, that's really all we're missing as a program. Defensively, we'll maintain our stronghold on the DLine with the great recruiting we're doing at DL & DT, the LB corps has a nice infusion of speed coming as well, the Safety group will be ELITE, all we need is more cover corners & we're set. (And mind you I'm talking about future recruiting classes).

As long as we keep Lashlee & Coach Justice we're getting close to being legitimate contenders, but this season will pay huge dividends moving forward in the 22 & 23 classes.

I was really hoping Auburn would lose to Kentucky. Malzahn is hanging on by a thread over there. We need them to take some losses this year and Georgia. Bama ain’t going nowhere so I can’t even worry about them.

If Manny was smart, he’d fight to get Lashlee a raise and offer him some of his own money to stay if that’s what it takes. Manny should realize that his seat was warm without Lashlee and do everything he can to keep him.

The covid comment is interesting too. I wonder how that will impact the coaching carousel this year.

Advertisement
I could see him in Texas

As OC or HC? Herman just replaced his coordinators this offseason no? No way UT is going to pay for a 3 different OC in 3 years for Herman.

HC? I don’t think Texas would hire a OC to be HC, they hire guys who have been HCs

Herman - Houston
Strong - UL
Brown - UNC
Mackovic - Arizona
McWilliams - Texas Tech
Akers - Wyoming
Royal - Washington, Mississippi St

1956 was the last time they hired a HC who wasn’t a HC somewhere else

Was ****ed when Auburn took Tennison from us. Agree that CB recruiting is a missed opportunity to take us to the next level. Love some of our LBs, but i want to see someone step up and turn into a game changer. We played lights out tonight, but im still no sold on Baker. Ideally, id like to hire a DC equivalent to Lashlee, and upgrade Rumph and Patke.

Offensively, Lashlee is the ******* man! Need to start the gofundme now to keep him here as long as possible.
Most fans understand and agree with the sentiment on Rumph. One game will not change that view. However, why all the hate for Patke? Honest question. Is it simply because of his recruiting efforts (lack thereof)? Is it because he's a little corny?

The striker position has played well under his tutelage. The special teams have excelled this year (minus Pope's drops). He is highly thought of by Richt and Manny as it relates to coaching acumen.

Sometimes i think Patke gets unfairly bunched with Rumph...not sure and looking for insight from those who want him gone.

I think he stays for another year and if he can talk King into staying for an additional year...oh boy! With the departure of Lawrence and Etienne , we would be the clear cut favorites to win the ACC and punch our ticket to the CFP with a good chance of winning it all. Give Lashlee a considerable salary bump and pay King to stay. He could be the number 1 or 2 qb picked in 2022 which would mean he would make millions more than if he declared after this year. Filing a restraining order against Ariz would also help.
Ariz would never get him. He’ll more than likely work with David Mulugheta

Advertisement
Most fans understand and agree with the sentiment on Rumph. One game will not change that view. However, why all the hate for Patke? Honest question. Is it simply because of his recruiting efforts (lack thereof)? Is it because he's a little corny?

The striker position has played well under his tutelage. The special teams have excelled this year (minus Pope's drops). He is highly thought of by Richt and Manny as it relates to coaching acumen.

Sometimes i think Patke gets unfairly bunched with Rumph...not sure and looking for insight from those who want him gone.
If a guy is going to be a striker coach, he **** well be a good recruiter lol. Our special teams have thrived because we have an elite kicker AND punter. We havent had any good punt returns this year. Thought he was coaching LBs too. And we havent really shown out there either.

Exactly! He will be gone...we need to be looking for another spread offense guy. Someone watching his installations, playcalling, verbiage. Keep his system though. Photocopy his playbook, just don't let him walk empty handed. He will a hot home in real estate terms.
He will only leaving for HC gig. Even if the nfl comes calling for OC we can match the offer (if we really want to win)

If a guy is going to be a striker coach, he **** well be a good recruiter lol. Our special teams have thrived because we have an elite kicker AND punter. We havent had any good punt returns this year. Thought he was coaching LBs too. And we havent really shown out there either.
I believe Baker coaches the linebackers and Patke coaches the Striker position and STs. I might be wrong. Clearly, if Patke coach's the LBs as well then there sufficient room for criticism since we have NOT recruited that position well and it's our weakest unit (IMHO) on the field. But, if he's not responsible for LBs then I have a hard time justifying the hate for Patke based solely on the development and performance of the Striker position and STs.

It feels like everybody adds Patke to the Rumph conversation somewhat unfairly (maybe...maybe not). Kinda like throwing the baby out with the bath water....

Just looking for confirmation from others if the Patke criticism (from a coaching perspective, not as a recruiter) is fully warranted.

Advertisement
Lashlee is outta here after this year, if the offense keeps producing like this.
Not necessarily. Money talks and not everybody want to be a HC and deal with what comes with it. He is still young and has a young family to think about what is best for them. You never know what his plans are but the only thing we hope for is the AD willingness to do what it takes to keep him including giving him the title to associate HC.

Advertisement
Bruh if malzahn gets canned they could come for lashlee lol

actually you might be right. So maybe we want auburn to keep going 8-5 and be irrelevant haha. Not sure they would go to the Malzahn tree after firing the guy Lashlee learned from.

Not necessarily. Money talks and not everybody want to be a HC and deal with what comes with it. He is still young and has a young family to think about what is best for them. You never know what his plans are but the only thing we hope for is the AD willingness to do what it takes to keep him including giving him the title to associate HC.

will probably need to be paid like other top OC’s if he keeps it up which means 1 million or more like Enos asked for.. does anyone know what Lashlee is getting paid?

Lol i just don’t see it with COVID him leaving us unless he wins a natty and even then i think he’d stay and help miami become legit again. We can’t do that in 1 season.... look at lsu without joe brady

What jobs are starting to look like they would be available after this year? A lot of these schools don’t have the money because of covid to pay for the buyouts and the new staff. Miami should get 2-3 years of Lashlee and then he leaves for a P5 HC job in Texas

Advertisement
Back