FSU recruiting done/ Rhett Lashlee future

We got to open pocket like Clemson for him to stay. He's too good of a leader and franchise explained it well....he's hard on the kids but not hard where kids hate him.

He definitely earned a raise just on 3 games so far. Our offense literally has pulled a 180 in just a year. I personally think he's here for 3 years so he has a lot of data backing him so he could back into a P5 job.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He definitely earned a raise just on 3 games so far. Our offense literally has pulled a 180 in just a year. I personally think he's here for 3 years so he has a lot of data backing him so he could back into a P5 job.
That would be the smart thing so he can demand high pay as a HC but after 1 year difference here someone will pay him

He’s only 37 with no Head Coaching experience, he’d most likely go to Central Michigan type school first unless he stays put in Miami for 3-4 years. It all depends on how quickly does he want to be a head coach. IE wants his dream job and how does he get there? It could be not even college but an NFL gig.
Can we follow the trend from 10 years ago and announce him as the head coach in waiting? Tell Manny that he needs to retire within 3 years :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
Lashlee has 10 year old twins that he has moved around 3 times in the last few years. He’s really a family man, his wife and kids love it in South Florida. IMO if he gets paid he sticks around until the kids are in HS.

speaking of his wife, she’s a fox!

Advertisement
FSU really hasn't been a problem for us since Richt got here...

It's UF, Auburn, UGA & Bama that we have to overcome on the recruiting trail.

Particularly at CB & WR, Auburn & Bama have taken some good WR's from us & UF keeps snatching good Corners.

For the future, what we need to become is either a QB transfer destination like Oklahoma was for several years, or develop a really good QB that can carry us to Charlotte annually.

Plus, search high & low until we find 2 good lockdown corners that can anchor the Defense, that's really all we're missing as a program. Defensively, we'll maintain our stronghold on the DLine with the great recruiting we're doing at DL & DT, the LB corps has a nice infusion of speed coming as well, the Safety group will be ELITE, all we need is more cover corners & we're set. (And mind you I'm talking about future recruiting classes).

As long as we keep Lashlee & Coach Justice we're getting close to being legitimate contenders, but this season will pay huge dividends moving forward in the 22 & 23 classes.
And likens he develops kids into nfl players

He's got 10 year old twins AND 4 year old twins. Tough to keep moving a young family. I don't think he'll move for just ANY job but if the right one comes along, who knows what he'll do...
What sizes they wear?? And what games they like? Do they need a PS5? We might need the family on our side to keep him here.

Advertisement
I think he stays for another year and if he can talk King into staying for an additional year...oh boy! With the departure of Lawrence and Etienne , we would be the clear cut favorites to win the ACC and punch our ticket to the CFP with a good chance of winning it all. Give Lashlee a considerable salary bump and pay King to stay. He could be the number 1 or 2 qb picked in 2022 which would mean he would make millions more than if he declared after this year. Filing a restraining order against Ariz would also help.

Not if his Wife has her way. The move to Miami was as much her decision as his. I say we offer him whatever money he wants after the season and go from there

There are around 6 coordinators in the 2 mil per year club. It's early but I would add Lashlee to that list. Miami needs to be smart with money. It's cheaper and more effective to pay Diaz 3.7 mil (I think that is his salary) and Lashlee 2 mil than have to pay another buyout for a quality new HC, who will probably ask more than 5.5 million and who will still need to hire an OC at 1 mil minimum.

Advertisement
Back