Freshmen snaps and Key Smith's mom vs Gattis

Advertisement
Mario's 23 class has guys with those attributes
How do you know this? Do you personally know the players that are being recruited?

That’s quite a statement you made. I’d hate to see you talking crap and obliterating the incoming recruits a couple of years from now if they do not ball out.

Mario and staff just have to stop trying to fit a square into a circle, and give these guys some confidence. It would also be great if he doesn’t throw the players under the bus.

There is enough blane to go around for the atrocity that we as a fan base are seeing weekly. A good leader tackles it head on and takes responsibility for it.

In my opinion, Mario should have a team meeting where he lets everyone air out their grievances (players and coaches), and he should apologize to the team for trying to force a certain scheme and style of play that simply has led to overthinking and lack of execution.

He then needs to really pay attention to what has worked best for us as an offense, which is the up tempo RPO spread, and implement it.

On defense it’ll be a more difficult task, as it seems that our coaches are **** bent on having slow players like Flagg trying to cover skill players in space in critical game situations. You cannot do that and expect to be successful. Our best athletes need to be on the field.

Our DB’s have mostly played like garbage. They played better this last game, but still missing way too many tackles, especially at the safety position. The CB’s actually played a little better this past game, and broke up a few passes. They also tackled a bit better.

The DL is probably the most solid group on the defensive side of the ball, and they haven’t been spectacular either. We are paying coaches way too much money to be getting this product.

If he does all of the above, I think that we have a chance to turn the season around.

Advertisement
If Gattis said that it’s a mental game the coaches are playing. They are trying to break the weak and elevate the strong. It’s clearly effort right now.

Gattis is a clueless bum ... he had all spring and summer to figure out what works especially considering how the offense finished last season.
Instead he wastes time trying to shove a square peg into a round hole. His schemes gets blown up and suddenly he wants to throw the ball 100 times a game. The QB, the OL and WRs are out of sync and confused as he11.
He is to blame and hope Mario has the guts to send him packing... or we will have D'No the Sequel in CG.

Where'd you eat in Fl??....
Spazio, then spent a lot of time on Las Olas. El Camino, B Square for burgers and Happy Hour, American Social, Went to Vinnie's in Lauderdale By The Sea had a solid NY Strip there. Had to try Luigi's for a late night calzone which was really good. And then the last night ventured out to Rendezvous.

Advertisement
Saban also processes 5*/high 4* busts quickly, they don't linger on their roster for very long if they show up and he knows he made a bad evaluation
You show up and buy in to what they’re doing or you’re gone. If you show up and don’t perform in a couple years you’ll be looking elsewhere. These aren’t special character kids, they know the deal when they get there. This tank will keep rolling with or without you. Get in line , be a professional or get gone. They’re being paid well and even better getting the best teaching / coaching in CFB.

It’s pretty clear to me at this point that there are issues all around. Some coaches and a good chunk of players. Unfortunately the HC chose this OC to run things the HC’s way. Do we really thing he’s going to have an epiphany and hire the next coming of Briles, Harrell, Kiffin… whoever… as the next OC?
Probably not but I’m holding out hope. Those guys still like to run the ball, with maybe the exception being harrell, a real power spread, not these condensed formations we’ve seen this year.

Anyone with critical thinking skills who has watched UM football over the past several years can clearly see this. The issue I have today is that we've supposedly assembled a staff of developers and we've heard many reports about how instructive the practices have been since spring, yet the product on the field is notably worse. I cannot think of a single returning player that looks better this year than last.

I do not see how this can all be on the players.
It’s not all on the players. There’s legit issues with the staff that needs addressed after the season.

Taking a shirt it looks like...we have all those upperclassmen cbs ..no need to burn his shirt really. He and Jaden Harris should take the shirt.

Play DP jr, Ivey, Couch Blades etc in my opinion. Blades shouldve remained at cb full time.

Its toward the end of the year so...Graves and Harris may get some acc play and still keep there shirt.
Hopefully we see graves in 3 games at the end of the season.

Advertisement
Mario's 23 class has guys with those attributes
You better pray he holds on to all of them...F around and lose
Spazio, then spent a lot of time on Las Olas. El Camino, B Square for burgers and Happy Hour, American Social, Went to Vinnie's in Lauderdale By The Sea had a solid NY Strip there. Had to try Luigi's for a late night calzone which was really good. And then the last night ventured out to Rendezvous.
Love Luigi's...

Advertisement
Can you give a little info on the issues with the staff? Infighting? Just not good fits?
I think throwing a staff together matching it to the few guys you brought with you is destined to fail. At the time you had a wr coach that was going to be the co oc without even having the actual play caller hired lol. It was like we threw a bunch of individuals together and said ” get on the same page “. Tbh I believe that hurt with getting an OC, most OC’s want to bring their guys , which makes sense. They speak the same language. They don’t want to leave their coaches behind, just like Mario didn’t leave his guys behind. Chemistry matters more than **** , attention grabbing hires.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Was going to order a pizza but I saw the calzone and was like I definitely have to try this. One of the best calzones I've had.
Love Calzones....GF didn't come with me to NYC (Her workload as of late is ridiculous) I had a Pastrami sandwich at Katz's that has to be in my Top 3 sandwiches I've ever had. Just ridiculous.

I think throwing a staff together matching it to the few guys you brought with you is destined to fail. At the time you had a wr coach that was going to be the co oc without even having the actual play caller hired lol. It was like we threw a bunch of individuals together and said ” get on the same page “. Tbh I believe that hurt with getting an OC, most OC’s want to bring their guys , which makes sense. They speak the same language and are on the same page. I‘m not leaving my guys behind. Just like Mario didn’t leave his guys behind. Chemistry matters more than **** , attention grabbing hires.

Just my opinion.
I was pretty vocal about Mario possibly having issues hiring an OC but it was painted as being very thorough.

So this off-season, do you think Mario gives a full go to a new OC if it goes that way, minus OL Coach which is never changing aslong as he is here?

Advertisement
Back