Freshmen snaps and Key Smith's mom vs Gattis

Advertisement
Even in High school I didn’t run back and tell my mommy what went on practice or if a coach was mean to me. I’ve had coaches rip me to shreds all the way back to campus for missing a tackle on the game winning drive. If I’d told my mom that **** would’ve broken loose. But looking back I deserved it and I’m glad I wasn’t a *****.

Everyone likes to rip the kids these days but immature *** grown people are raising these soft ***, entitled kids. If you have issues handle it face to face . If that doesn’t work transfer. The world doesn’t need to know every little bit of drama that’s going on.
I had a discussion with a teacher at a local high school that used to have a much better football team. He was telling me how coaches now have to be careful how they criticize players and correct mistakes because if they get too frustrated, they'll just quit. That's left a team that can technically play the game, but isn't anywhere near playing the best they possibly can.

If Saban would've stayed one more week, it would've been his Knocked out *** on the floor having a seizure,...F him...Zach Thomas shouldn't have been restrained for knocking his *** unconscious....
wedding crashers comedy GIF

I wonder if USC coach [talks to] his team like that.
Inferring like USC was an option lol.. He chose Miami over Wazzu. Just imagine if he had signed with the crazy *** Pirate. Leach would bully him into tears Day 1 like he did with the boards Golden Son.
giphy.gif

Mama’s boy! Albeit a really talented mama’s boy…. I’m sorry Mrs. Smith, but we need more menfolk on this squad.🤷🏾‍♂
This says a lot about the fragile nature of the team and mindset of a supposed key player. So, we're running back to momma complaining about a coach ripping a team's sorry ***. Sorry, momma is obviously clueless in posting comments on social media, but she also exposes her son - whose 20 yrs old or whatever - as a weak-minded, pansy-***. Can only imagine what the likes of Jimmy Johnson, Butch, Kehoe & others told players back in the day.

Advertisement
Even in High school I didn’t run back and tell my mommy what went on practice or if a coach was mean to me. I’ve had coaches rip me to shreds all the way back to campus for missing a tackle on the game winning drive. If I’d told my mom that **** would’ve broken loose. But looking back I deserved it and I’m glad I wasn’t a *****.

Everyone likes to rip the kids these days but immature *** grown people are raising these soft ***, entitled kids. If you have issues handle it face to face . If that doesn’t work transfer. The world doesn’t need to know every little bit of drama that’s going on.
Yea the whole USC thing was a bit petty to me. Like if thats what it is insnuating it or holding it like some leverage isnt right.
But this is the participation trophy generation and HAVE to have social media generation including parents. As a parent my socials would be as small as can be and it **** sure wouldnt be twitter.

Why hasn’t Graves played at all?
Taking a shirt it looks like...we have all those upperclassmen cbs ..no need to burn his shirt really. He and Jaden Harris should take the shirt.

Play DP jr, Ivey, Couch Blades etc in my opinion. Blades shouldve remained at cb full time.

Its toward the end of the year so...Graves and Harris may get some acc play and still keep there shirt.

Advertisement
Can anyone explain why since 2018, our best players have been transfers sans GR15 in 2019?
I know people hate to hear it but it’s development. People can’t really believe we have 100’s of busts lol, or every south Florida kid sucks once they hit our campus? We have a high blue chip rating but it’s useless if you don’t develop them. Saban teaches and develops on top of getting the best guy. If if were about only talent Texas and AM would be winning natties. People always sleep on the D……pause.

Last edited:
I know people hate to hear it but it’s development. People can’t really believe we have 100’s of busts lol, or every south Florida kid sucks once they hit our campus? We have a high blue chip rating but it’s useless if you don’t develop them. Saban teaches and develops on top of getting the best guy. If if we’re just about talent Texas and AM would be winning natties. People always sleep on the D……pause.

Anyone with critical thinking skills who has watched UM football over the past several years can clearly see this. The issue I have today is that we've supposedly assembled a staff of developers and we've heard many reports about how instructive the practices have been since spring, yet the product on the field is notably worse. I cannot think of a single returning player that looks better this year than last.

I do not see how this can all be on the players.

Advertisement
I know people hate to hear it but it’s development. People can’t really believe we have 100’s of busts lol, or every south Florida kid sucks once they hit our campus? We have a high blue chip rating but it’s useless if you don’t develop them. Saban teaches and develops on top of getting the best guy. If if we’re just about talent Texas and AM would be winning natties. People always sleep on the D……pause.
Believe it's both. Player go to teams like bama bc they do develop talent. Also that staff hand picks guys with a different mindset and off the chart work ethic. You cannot coach those

Advertisement
We are passing like crazy. The problem is it isn’t working.

We are not as far away as we look. The thing we have to worry about is if Mario is attached to a complicated pro style. We run all kinds of modern spread concepts. We just need to focus, stop thinking, and tweak some stuff.

Gattis is failing because he hasn’t taken full responsibility for the offense and won’t accept the guys he has. He has them thinking instead of playing and is underperforming compared to his predecessor. The players don’t care if you are a hard ***. They care that you are authentic and competent. Gattis has had many incompetent moments up in that booth and his arrogance just makes him look like a fool. Not how you build morale, cohesion, and buy in.

Mario has to find the right guy. I defended Gattis, but he isn’t even calling games as well as he did his FIRST season at Michigan. I watched him rpo teams to death and now he just abandons it for no reason even though it’s our best play.

He was nitpicking guys about their stance in an off season video and it concerned me. I ignored it for my typical off-season optimism but his energy rubbed me wrong. I was hoping TVD could pull it all together, but Gattis’ poor situational play calling against certain numbers and coverages has killed the momentum and confidence. We can move the ball but can’t finish drives and the lack of morale is leading to drive killing errors, physical and mental.

The sad thing is, everything we need is in that playbook. We just need to simplify things and call plays that make sense numbers wise. Key scored so easy on an rpo in the red zone and we hardly ever run it even though front sevens are over playing our run game. That is why he is complaining.

Mario is open to passing. We are doing it. We spread the field more and it is working sometimes. He just has to pick a guy with the right system and approach.

Gattis is showing his inexperience and failed to endear himself with the team. Nothing wrong with hard coaching, but even hard coaches have a degree of humility and self awareness that we haven’t seen from Gattis. I was wrong. He is Enos 2.0 and will fail here for the same reason. He will rebound somewhere else like Enos has. He just isn’t a good fit for what we needed. Hopefully Mario can correctly identify what went wrong and rectify his mistake.
Great post! I agree with everything that you said.

Unfortunately, I don’t see Mario learning from this. He has always hired OC’s that will run his preferred caveman system. His offenses at Oregon scored 40+ points only 7 times during his tenure there. Dan Lanning and staff have already scored 40+ points 6 times during his first season.

There are DEFINITELY lots of reasons for concern.

I for one never expected to win the conference, but thought we were an 8 to 9 win team. With TVD returning after finishing off so strongly last season, I thought that if Mario just didn’t try to turn him into something he’s not, we would have a good first season under him. Sadly, he did exactly that, and it threw a monkey wrench into our season early on.

As you stated, this is not rocket science. Go up tempo spread offense, and play to what the numbers dictate. Every time we go into bunch formation I cringe, knowing that it’s either going to be a run up the gut that gets stuffed, or a fire blitz that we cannot possibly block, due to our OL not identifying the blitzing defenders.

Duke blitzed us to death, and the OL and staff never adjusted. It was a free for all. By contrast, the few times that we blitzed, the Duke OL picked it up just fine.

It’s maddening to see the same “check with the coaches first” crap every Saturday. Mario and staff just need to get out of their own way.

The defense doesn’t get a pass either. Some of Steele’s play calling on critical 3rd and 4th down situations were perplexing, to say the least.

The Coaches should just boycott the rest of the season & let the players Coach themselves.

I feel so bad for these poor poor Coaches to have to be forced to coach players that aren’t as Elite as them as they are at their jobs...

It’s really unfair when you think about, they should’ve just declined to play this season & abdicated until 2024 or 2025 when they can finally replace the roster with all the Elite 5-star players that they deserve.

If I were this staff I would seriously consider taking legal action against the University, they were clearly lied to...
I second this. These **** kids man. It has to be them and not the multi million dollar adults. We paid them no way they have anything to do with this 💯💯💯

BJ on playing freshmen vs playing the terrible veterans. Key Smith's mom is not a fan of Gattis.

Jacurri Brown has played in three games, including the past two, and has thrived with a small package of third- or fourth-down running plays. If he plays two more games, his redshirt is burned.

Wesley Bissainthe has played the second most among freshman (81 total defensive snaps & after a season-high 26 against Duke).

Nyjalik Kelly has played 74 snaps this season, including nine against Duke

Anez Cooper has played 49 snaps at guard and tackle.

Isaiah Horton has played in the past two games (according to UM) after not playing at all during the first five games.

Matthew McCoy played only in one game — late in the blowout of Benthune-Cookman.

Skinner has eight catches for 125 yards and has played 100 offensive snaps, but only eight against Duke.

Jaden Harris was beaten for a 69-yard passing play against Middle Tennessee State — only his second game appearance — and hasn’t been seen in a game since.

Graves hasn’t played at all.

Khamauri Rogers — coming off an ACL injury prior to his arrival at UM — played late in the Bethune-Cookman blowout but not since.

Markeith Williams has appeared briefly in two games (Bethune-Cookman and Texas A&M).

Ahmad Moten played only late in the Bethune-Cookman game.

Cyrus Moss played against Bethune-Cookman but not since, according to UM.

Receiver Key’Shawn Smith’s mother criticized offensive coordinator Josh Gattis on Twitter over the weekend before deleting the tweet.

“If you an offensive coordinator who walks in meeting [and] tells his team They are the Worst Team ever!” she tweeted. “Would you still want to play for him[?] I heard of tough coaches but [that’s] just stupid. I wonder if USC coach [talks to] his team like that.”

While I agree with Gattis that they are terrible, he needs to take a looong look in the mirror.

Gattis won’t be here next year and if he is it’s big failure by Mario.

Yea the whole USC thing was a bit petty to me. Like if thats what it is insnuating it or holding it like some leverage isnt right.
But this is the participation trophy generation and HAVE to have social media generation including parents. As a parent my socials would be as small as can be and it **** sure wouldnt be twitter.

Social media is ruining the world.

Advertisement
Back