Freshmen snaps and Key Smith's mom vs Gattis

It always cracks me up that the excuse is always “well our upperclassmen suck”. Ok… in 2-4 years, who will those upperclassmen be? Oh, that’s right, the recruits/Freshman/Sophomores now. It’s just an endless cycle of *****ing and excuses lol

Advertisement
Why hasn’t Graves played at all?
Good question. He is from my area so I follow news on him. All I heard in the spring was how natural of a cover guy he is and how he has picked up the defense. Either that was all fluff or he is hurt or not physically ready. Anyone know the story with him?

A phrase I have been using a lot lately.

"Kids haven't changed, Parents have."
I've been in education and coaching for 20 years. Parents have changed. Kids are still doing the same chit they always did, just different access / exposure to it because it can be sent all over the world instantly. Dads used to sit up at the local coffee shop and b and m about play calling in 1999, now they tweet it and pull their kid out of that school and dump them in another one to do it all over again.

Good question. He is from my area so I follow news on him. All I heard in the spring was how natural of a cover guy he is and how he has picked up the defense. Either that was all fluff or he is hurt or not physically ready. Anyone know the story with him?
He's not hurt...and it wasn't fluff. This is one of the kids who could very well bounce.

Advertisement
It always cracks me up that the excuse is always “well our upperclassmen suck”. Ok… in 2-4 years, who will those upperclassmen be? Oh, that’s right, the recruits/Freshman/Sophomores now. It’s just an endless cycle of *****ing and excuses lol
“Just an endless cycle of *****ing and excuses” = current state of CIS

Even in High school I didn’t run back and tell my mommy what went on practice or if a coach was mean to me. I’ve had coaches rip me to shreds all the way back to campus for missing a tackle on the game winning drive. If I’d told my mom that **** would’ve broken lose. But looking back I deserved it and I’m glad I wasn’t a *****.

Everyone likes to rip the kids these days but immature *** grown people are raising these soft ***, entitled kids. If you have issues handle it face to face . If that doesn’t work transfer. The world doesn’t need to know every little bit of drama that’s going on.
Man if I would have went back to my pops and said a coach was mean to me he would have booted my *** so far across state lines. He’s an old school dude and so am I despite my age.

Did Keyshawn Smith transfer yet?

99c12b89-2ba0-4e35-8580-6c63bf64c91f_text.gif

Advertisement
Even in High school I didn’t run back and tell my mommy what went on practice or if a coach was mean to me. I’ve had coaches rip me to shreds all the way back to campus for missing a tackle on the game winning drive. If I’d told my mom that **** would’ve broken loose. But looking back I deserved it and I’m glad I wasn’t a *****.

Everyone likes to rip the kids these days but immature *** grown people are raising these soft ***, entitled kids. If you have issues handle it face to face . If that doesn’t work transfer. The world doesn’t need to know every little bit of drama that’s going on.
It’s pretty clear to me at this point that there are issues all around. Some coaches and a good chunk of players. Unfortunately the HC chose this OC to run things the HC’s way. Do we really thing he’s going to have an epiphany and hire the next coming of Briles, Harrell, Kiffin… whoever… as the next OC?

Advertisement
It’s pretty clear to me at this point that there are issues all around. Some coaches and a good chunk of players. Unfortunately the HC chose this OC to run things the HC’s way. Do we really thing he’s going to have an epiphany and hire the next coming of Briles, Harrell, Kiffin… whoever… as the next OC?

We are passing like crazy. The problem is it isn’t working.

We are not as far away as we look. The thing we have to worry about is if Mario is attached to a complicated pro style. We run all kinds of modern spread concepts. We just need to focus, stop thinking, and tweak some stuff.

Gattis is failing because he hasn’t taken full responsibility for the offense and won’t accept the guys he has. He has them thinking instead of playing and is underperforming compared to his predecessor. The players don’t care if you are a hard ***. They care that you are authentic and competent. Gattis has had many incompetent moments up in that booth and his arrogance just makes him look like a fool. Not how you build morale, cohesion, and buy in.

Mario has to find the right guy. I defended Gattis, but he isn’t even calling games as well as he did his FIRST season at Michigan. I watched him rpo teams to death and now he just abandons it for no reason even though it’s our best play.

He was nitpicking guys about their stance in an off season video and it concerned me. I ignored it for my typical off-season optimism but his energy rubbed me wrong. I was hoping TVD could pull it all together, but Gattis’ poor situational play calling against certain numbers and coverages has killed the momentum and confidence. We can move the ball but can’t finish drives and the lack of morale is leading to drive killing errors, physical and mental.

The sad thing is, everything we need is in that playbook. We just need to simplify things and call plays that make sense numbers wise. Key scored so easy on an rpo in the red zone and we hardly ever run it even though front sevens are over playing our run game. That is why he is complaining.

Mario is open to passing. We are doing it. We spread the field more and it is working sometimes. He just has to pick a guy with the right system and approach.

Gattis is showing his inexperience and failed to endear himself with the team. Nothing wrong with hard coaching, but even hard coaches have a degree of humility and self awareness that we haven’t seen from Gattis. I was wrong. He is Enos 2.0 and will fail here for the same reason. He will rebound somewhere else like Enos has. He just isn’t a good fit for what we needed. Hopefully Mario can correctly identify what went wrong and rectify his mistake.

Man if I would have went back to my pops and said a coach was mean to me he would have booted my *** so far across state lines. He’s an old school dude and so am I despite my age.
THIS!!! But it would have been my mom. She would have been cussing me out as she was kicking my ***

Even in High school I didn’t run back and tell my mommy what went on practice or if a coach was mean to me. I’ve had coaches rip me to shreds all the way back to campus for missing a tackle on the game winning drive. If I’d told my mom that **** would’ve broken loose. But looking back I deserved it and I’m glad I wasn’t a *****.

Facts!

Advertisement
If Gattis said that it’s a mental game the coaches are playing. They are trying to break the weak and elevate the strong. It’s clearly effort right now.

You can’t be this stupid!

Young was already a baller, they just had him stuffed on the bench.

Ladson has been relatively the same all season long. Steady, but nothing spectacular.

Porst less.
In three seasons at Clemson Ladson had a total of 31 catches. He has 24 catches this season so far. So many people bashing the coaching staff for not getting more out of the players. If Clemson coaches couldn't get production out of him, maybe he is exactly what his stats say he is, an ok player but not some elite player who is being done an injustice by this coaching staff.

Wow this just confirms we have some real pu$$ies on this roster. “BuT iTs THe CoAChEZzzz!!!”

Not only do they suck, they’re b!tches.

Need to eliminate the rotten stench that is both a handful of coaching staff members AND players. Let’s see how Mario handles this.

Advertisement
Back