Frenk will not be retained (rumor) UPDATE: Interviewing Rhett Lashlee for OC today

Advertisement
Yeah, those awesome football teams at Princeton, Harvard, MIT, Penn, Stanford, Cal Tech, Northwestern and Yale are really doing wonders for the success of their respective schools.
Are you comparing us to 8 of about the Top 10 academic schools in the country? We can't hold their jock academically. They don't need successful athletic programs but we and most other schools do to attract national attention and community/alumni support.

Advertisement
Advertisement
IF this is true, he will be replaced with another Academic. Get used to it; Miami is not "sun tan U' any more. The BOT is invested in academics and research. Frenck has been concerned mainly with Latin America and Mexico and expanding/developing the Health related programs/research. Both he and his wife have deep ties in those areas. He came with his Harvard pedigree.

I'm going into my next to last semester of 8 consecutive years as a parent of multiple UM students. My last child will graduate next December with a BS and MS in Accounting from the accelerated ACCT program in the business school. I have been pretty happy with the education both my kids have received. We'll see where this goes....

Oh, and nobody who is in academics cares what US News and World report ranks schools..... That just sells magazines.

As has been addressed in other threads, if you think USNWR rankings don't mean anything, you are clueless. I guarantee you that every single admissions officer at UM knows exactly what the USNWR ranking is, because they are fielding questions about it on a regular basis.

I'm not claiming to be an insider but I do have a source that correctly called the Manny Diaz hire and Dan Enos hire before any of us knew (link to thread: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...end-diaz-got-hired.143919/page-7#post-3779950)

I'm connecting with this same source as we speak to see if I can get any intel on the new OC, so I'll keep you guys posted.

Here is what I can share so far. Word on the street is that Frenk will not be retained as President following the expiry of his contract at the end of the academic year.
But, but, but he was from Harvard...

Advertisement
School sucks in athletics and is now tied with FSU in academics while costing 6x as much. Should have been fired already.
That was one stupid ranking. FSU is obviously less expensive but couldn't shine UM's shoes when it comes to academics

Advertisement
Would not surprise me at all. I posted here awhile back that a lot of big money people inside the school were not happy with his tenure. One of their beefs was he sold them on being able to bring in a lot of big international money donations and that never materialized. They did however think he had a sizzling shirtless profile picture so they would give him a chance.
Donna Shalala would be a hard act to follow with fund raising...no way he could top what she accomplished.

I'm not claiming to be an insider but I do have a source that correctly called the Manny Diaz hire and Dan Enos hire before any of us knew (link to thread: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...end-diaz-got-hired.143919/page-7#post-3779950)

I'm connecting with this same source as we speak to see if I can get any intel on the new OC, so I'll keep you guys posted.

Here is what I can share so far. Word on the street is that Frenk will not be retained as President following the expiry of his contract at the end of the academic year.

You don’t have a source.

You just make up sources and make 10,000 different predictions about what will happen. And sometimes you’ll be correct by dumb luck.

Advertisement
Back