Frenk will not be retained (rumor) UPDATE: Interviewing Rhett Lashlee for OC today

Advertisement
I had heard he was retiring after his term but I didn’t realize it ended so soon. For whatever reason I was thinking 4-6 years out. I believe he quoted that at some point when he assumed the role.

Hard to believe he’s been our president since 2016. Just realized it’s been 4 years.

Wouldn't surprise me if a certain aggrieved ex-politician isn't ironing her pantsuit as I write this.
1577647174057.png

Advertisement
Do you guys think this will have an impact on the football program?
Hopefully after next year, UM finally decides to get serious with the next hire as Pres and then put someone competent in place to run the football operations in athletic dept. Especially if they don't want to fire BJ for whatever reasoning they have. I just don't trust BJ and Strawley to hire the right HC after Diaz gets canned next year. They are incompetent.

Eventually it might.

First, it will take 6 months to hire someone. Once that person is hired, you might see a change at the AD level. A new AD may make significant changes to the football program.

Don't expect any real big changes for the next 12 months.

Frenk did absolutely nothing that I can see. Replacing him with someone who wants to do more than be a figurehead who just hopes nothing goes bad would be great. I like Stavridis and wish he'd been the pick last time.

Advertisement
I'm not claiming to be an insider but I do have a source that correctly called the Manny Diaz hire and Dan Enos hire before any of us knew (link to thread: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...end-diaz-got-hired.143919/page-7#post-3779950)

I'm connecting with this same source as we speak to see if I can get any intel on the new OC, so I'll keep you guys posted.

Here is what I can share so far. Word on the street is that Frenk will not be retained as President following the expiry of his contract at the end of the academic year.
Highsmith for President!

Doesn't matter if he stays or goes. His main job is to raise money for the University. Other than that, he is a rubber stamp for the BOT. If he gets released, the next President will be another fund raiser, not someone who approves or recruits people to run the Athletic Department.

It may not be good news for Blake James future as AD, because I believe he has a good relationship with Frenk. New President may come in and see all the money Blake has blown here in the last 3 years (4million Manny Temple buyout, 1.5m Enos buyout, 700K to Arkansas State for missed game) That 6plus million could have been used for better assistant coaches or facility upgrades on campus.

Advertisement
Frenk did absolutely nothing that I can see. Replacing him with someone who wants to do more than be a figurehead who just hopes nothing goes bad would be great. I like Stavridis and wish he'd been the pick last time.
Disagree. University presidents are hired for one thing and one thing only - to raise money. Generally, they know nothing about universities and the more they "get involved" in things the worse things get. I personally would prefer a president who doesn't give a rip about athletics except who knows that championships bring in donations. That is the kind of president who will make sure we have the best AD that can be found.

I'm not claiming to be an insider but I do have a source that correctly called the Manny Diaz hire and Dan Enos hire before any of us knew (link to thread: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...end-diaz-got-hired.143919/page-7#post-3779950)

I'm connecting with this same source as we speak to see if I can get any intel on the new OC, so I'll keep you guys posted.

Here is what I can share so far. Word on the street is that Frenk will not be retained as President following the expiry of his contract at the end of the academic year.

Props for backing up your sauces

Advertisement
Yes!

If we land a guy that actually gives AF about football watch how quickly more funds get allocated to the football program.

The Funeral Homer Director Frenk is one of many people that have been an issue & a huge roadblock for us to get back to being a winning program.

If he retires, along with getting Mangina James, Strawley, somehow excommunicating some of the laissez-fair Trustees outta here too & we could possibly begin to revitalize this program. Will that happen? Probably not, but there's a scenario that exists where it could happen. It will just take one of the few big money boosters on the BOT who actually do care to get aggressive & start pushing his weight around.

Word on da street is dat Frenk is retiring. If he leaves, the BOT will likely replace him with another radical liberal.

There is an unsubstantiated rumor that Jorge Mario Bergoglio can bring in some international money to the school.

I hope we get someone who understands the importance of not only academics, but athletics and particularly football.

The BOT and these other Boomers don't understand that an extremely large percentage of young people are influenced by how good the football team is. The President and AD at Alabama said writing Nick Saban a blank check to get him to Bama was the best investment they've ever made.

UM tries to act like we can't afford it but the reality is we can't afford to be this bad in athletics every year - we aren't good enough athletically or academically to charge the tuition we do.

Disagree. University presidents are hired for one thing and one thing only - to raise money. Generally, they know nothing about universities and the more they "get involved" in things the worse things get. I personally would prefer a president who doesn't give a rip about athletics except who knows that championships bring in donations. That is the kind of president who will make sure we have the best AD that can be found.
You've got one now that doesn't give a rip about anything. I'd like one that knows the benefit of putting the best people in management positions.

Advertisement
Back