Frenk will not be retained (rumor) UPDATE: Interviewing Rhett Lashlee for OC today

Advertisement
Advertisement
Disagree. University presidents are hired for one thing and one thing only - to raise money. Generally, they know nothing about universities and the more they "get involved" in things the worse things get. I personally would prefer a president who doesn't give a rip about athletics except who knows that championships bring in donations. That is the kind of president who will make sure we have the best AD that can be found.
I think this is a fair point - Jerry Jones is a good example of an administrator who is way too deep in the weeds.

School sucks in athletics and is now tied with FSU in academics while costing 6x as much. Should have been fired already.

We don't agree on much, but with this, I'm with you 100%. Frenk has been **** poor since Shalala left and the whole University needs an upheaval. Academically and athletically we are floundering.

I'm not claiming to be an insider but I do have a source that correctly called the Manny Diaz hire and Dan Enos hire before any of us knew (link to thread: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...end-diaz-got-hired.143919/page-7#post-3779950)

I'm connecting with this same source as we speak to see if I can get any intel on the new OC, so I'll keep you guys posted.

Here is what I can share so far. Word on the street is that Frenk will not be retained as President following the expiry of his contract at the end of the academic year.
True respect for backing up your sauces!

Advertisement
I had heard he was retiring after his term but I didn’t realize it ended so soon. For whatever reason I was thinking 4-6 years out. I believe he quoted that at some point when he assumed the role.

Hard to believe he’s been our president since 2016. Just realized it’s been 4 years.

I've posted multiple times, in multiple threads, that UM gives 5-year contracts to presidents.

Frenk has been UM president since August 16, 2015. Five years are up in 8 months.

Advertisement
I'm not claiming to be an insider but I do have a source that correctly called the Manny Diaz hire and Dan Enos hire before any of us knew (link to thread: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...end-diaz-got-hired.143919/page-7#post-3779950)

I'm connecting with this same source as we speak to see if I can get any intel on the new OC, so I'll keep you guys posted.

Here is what I can share so far. Word on the street is that Frenk will not be retained as President following the expiry of his contract at the end of the academic year.

Love it when you talk dirty

Advertisement
Just wanted to jump in and say I appreciate OP's approach to inside information - citing sauces, establishing credibility, and still having the good sense to even put "rumor" in the thread title and not come off like a complete jerk. Whether the info is good or not, well played.

Shalala, Frenk, can you imagine who they are going to get next? They just hire former politicians who don't care or have any knowledge of how important athletics (Especially football) is to this community and to the success of the university.

Yeah, those awesome football teams at Princeton, Harvard, MIT, Penn, Stanford, Cal Tech, Northwestern and Yale are really doing wonders for the success of their respective schools.

Advertisement
Back