Frenk will not be retained (rumor) UPDATE: Interviewing Rhett Lashlee for OC today

Planned retirement is a slight difference than “not being retained”....same end point, better rhetoric like the BOT is actually doing something....

Advertisement
Wasn't most on here excited when they hired Frenk??? Asking for a friend.

I hated the hire from Day 1. I wanted the BOT to hire the Admiral, and instead I got a guy who posed for a naked photo.

You may have been confused by all of the right-wing political types who were happy to have ANYONE BUT Shalala.

I knew Frenk was a joke from the beginning.

Yes!

If we land a guy that actually gives AF about football watch how quickly more funds get allocated to the football program.

The Funeral Homer Director Frenk is one of many people that have been an issue & a huge roadblock for us to get back to being a winning program.

If he retires, along with getting Mangina James, Strawley, somehow excommunicating some of the laissez-fair Trustees outta here too & we could possibly begin to revitalize this program. Will that happen? Probably not, but there's a scenario that exists where it could happen. It will just take one of the few big money boosters on the BOT who actually do care to get aggressive & start pushing his weight around.
Or HER weight around lol.

Do you realize the amount of luck, incompetence and apathy it took/takes for Blake to get the job (in the first place) and keep it for so long?

Well, it certainly helped Blake's cause that both Kirby and the Shermanator decided to leave UM so quickly. Blake was willing to stay and I don't really think that the BOT did a "national search".

It is pretty telling that he went into his final year with minimal/no talk of an actual extension.

Yep.

I tailgate with a bunch of people who went to UM during my timeframe. There is a very high percentage of them who wear the Seminole Indian jackets for Homecoming, if you catch my drift.

I was told that Frenk would not get an extension. Two years ago.

UM has only had 5 prior presidents in nearly 100 years. You have to be pretty bad for the UM community to decide you don't deserve a second term after only 3 years.

Advertisement
Shalala, Frenk, can you imagine who they are going to get next? They just hire former politicians who don't care or have any knowledge of how important athletics (Especially football) is to this community and to the success of the university.
Probably Hilary, unless she makes late run at nomination. She needs to be President of something to get donations. She can't be any worse than Donna.

Advertisement
As an OOS parent, Miami is appealing as a small, private school for a lot of reasons. It isn't something that is widely publicized but Miami gives A LOT of scholarship money to incoming freshmen (and renewable through 4 years) and OOS students are as eligible to receive it as in state Florida residents. These scholarships range from a few thousand dollars to full tuition for 4 years. Much of this scholarship money is based purely on test scores - SAT or ACT. In addition, there are many, many, many scholarships available to Florida residents, students of various minority groups or those with other special circumstances. This kind of financial support is huge given the very high tuition. In my experience over the years, there are few other schools- especially private schools - that offer OOS kids the same kind of scholarship opportunities. These are NOT loans; this is outright scholarship $$.

My kids have many friends at Miami from Florida. They have always said the order of preference for kids who are concerned with academics is Miami, UF and then FSU. If financials become an issue, kids accepted at both Miami and UF probably end up at UF due to cost of attendance.
And btw, there is no guarantee siblings are accepted at UM, regardless of whether they are Florida residents or not...

The scholarship stuff is true for virtually every private university that is competing for top students. Out of state vs in state is irrelevant in regard to both tuition/scholarships and/or admission at UM.

Advertisement
Back