Forgive my lack of football knowledge….

Advertisement
There have been multiple analysts saying that the process of the call was correct in that…”let the play happen and then correct it via replay”.
This is a huge problem. It works in the open field, but in a run up the middle there will never be an unobscured view of the play. Which means the call will stand, you knew that when it went to replay it was already over. Refs have to call what they see in those scenarios.
The backjudge even had his hand up to say down and mark the spot, but clearly was overruled by the line judge.

I get that. That scenario implies you have a choice. The distinction I'm making is that the refs were lubing up early. You had to know it was going to happen no matter what.

OK, let me give you another hypothetical. Let's say just after UM got the ball, a ref walked up to Cristobal and said, "Coach, I just want you to know I hate your thug program and your thug players. That said, I have to tip my hat to you because somehow you still have the lead despite us trying to f#ck you over. But just so you know, games not over and I hope you give me one more chance to really it hurt."

So how do you apportion blame then? To me that's 100% on the coach. He knew and he was warned. He f#cked around and found out. Of all people, a former UM player should know not to give the ref another chance to ***** you over.

There have been multiple analysts saying that the process of the call was correct in that…”let the play happen and then correct it via replay”.
This is a huge problem. It works in the open field, but in a run up the middle there will never be an unobscured view of the play. Which means the call will stand, you knew that when it went to replay it was already over. Refs have to call what they see in those scenarios.
The backjudge even had his hand up to say down and mark the spot, but clearly was overruled by the line judge.
The same line judge allowed the TD even with the kid sliding. hmmm someone had some money on that game.

The same line judge allowed the TD even with the kid sliding. hmmm someone had some money on that game.
I am going to have a take that won’t be particularly popular, but I have never thought refs have decided a game in any sport I have watched or played ever. I just don’t think their influence is as big as people want to make out. And you are then blaming something you cannot control.

This singular game has changed my thinking on this.

Advertisement
OK, let me give you another hypothetical. Let's say just after UM got the ball, a ref walked up to Cristobal and said, "Coach, I just want you to know I hate your thug program and your thug players. That said, I have to tip my hat to you because somehow you still have the lead despite us trying to f#ck you over. But just so you know, games not over and I hope you give me one more chance to really it hurt."

So how do you apportion blame then? To me that's 100% on the coach. He knew and he was warned. He f#cked around and found out. Of all people, a former UM player should know not to give the ref another chance to ***** you over.
Can’t argue with that. Just get it on tape. If that’s not a smoking gun I don’t know what is.

The ACC immediately came out and punished the refs for that duke KO return, suspended several of them if im not mistaken.

Has anything been spoken from the ACC in regards to this failed review, let alone over 50% of the calls for the entire game? Or is this one of them tobacco road mafia "now we're even" type of things?

No

No we’re not even, nor will ever be even.

These bumpkins have and always had a inferiority complex in regards to Miami.

They tried to Cash in on UM v FSU, it’s the only way they allowed us in this porto-o-potty at the chili eating contest of a conference.

Stanford & Cal 🤣

The Harvard of The South 🤣

We’ve got to bolt from this dumpster fire known as the ACC. They’re holding us hostage at this point.

Give me Freedom or Give me Death ( imo )

Imagine you are in a situation where you could win a million dollars if you ran down a hallway 20 yards long. However that hallway is filled with angry-sounding, vibrating dildoes on both walls. There are only two conditions to win the million dollars.

1. You have to run with your eyes completely closed to the end of the hallway.
2. If you open your eyes before reaching the end of the hallway, you are going to get f##ked in the a$$ by a random assortment of dildoes.

Now let's say you take off running, and just before you reach the end of the hallway, your curiosity gets the better of you, and you open your eyes and look around.

That would be close to the equivalent of Cristobal giving the refs one last chance to f##k us in the a$$, by choosing to run the ball instead of kneeling and ending the game.

If you are being honest, you kinda brought the anal trauma upon yourself.
season 4 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

Advertisement
Cute? Come on, don’t talk like that. Be better.

You say coach speak like it should just be ignored. It’s about understanding that what a Miami player does will not be viewed the same as opposing players. At Miami you have to be a little more disciplined.

Disciplined as an OLman laying a perfect block which draws a flag thereby eliminating a TD run?
Or refraining from making a perfect defensive stop only to be called for taunting?
This line of reasoning reminds me of the story of a chick getting blamed for getting assaulted simply
for walking in an alley wearing a revealing outfit. Perhaps she should have been more disciplined?

Sorry, I don't buy coach or media speak.
This thing about good and bad calls evening out to both teams in a game is B-S, especially when
UM is one of the contestants.

Shoot, as questionable as some calls were in the TexasAM game, I think the SEC refs have nothing on these ACC bandits.
That almost goes without saying SEC refs let you know from the start of the game it's gonna be 13 vs 11 & if your team doesn't play perfect oh the fck well buddy lol

"Yalls ain't making it outta here with a win tanite'!.."

ACC refs wait until the end of the game, they like to create the illusion that you're getting a fair shake, then once it hits critical time, that's when they stick the knife in.

If the ACC wants to admit their fault and go ahead and give us the win back I’m totally not opposed.

Seriously though, this makes an already infuriating loss even more frustrating.

Advertisement
Disciplined as an OLman laying a perfect block which draws a flag thereby eliminating a TD run?
Or refraining from making a perfect defensive stop only to be called for taunting?
This line of reasoning reminds me of the story of a chick getting blamed for getting assaulted simply
for walking in an alley wearing a revealing outfit. Perhaps she should have been more disciplined?

Sorry, I don't buy coach or media speak.
This thing about good and bad calls evening out to both teams in a game is B-S, especially when
UM is one of the contestants.
Fair enough.

But just because players should be a little better is no guarantee that no penalty will ever be called. Or that actaul penalties will not be called. Or that they will not make up BS calls. Still no reason for players NOT to try and be better and more disciplined every day.

Imagine you are in a situation where you could win a million dollars if you ran down a hallway 20 yards long. However that hallway is filled with angry-sounding, vibrating dildoes on both walls. There are only two conditions to win the million dollars.

1. You have to run with your eyes completely closed to the end of the hallway.
2. If you open your eyes before reaching the end of the hallway, you are going to get f##ked in the a$$ by a random assortment of dildoes.

Is this one of the activities planned on those pesky special cruise ship advertisements I get on this site every time I log on?

Advertisement
Fair enough.

But just because players should be a little better is no guarantee that no penalty will ever be called. Or that actaul penalties will not be called. Or that they will not make up BS calls. Still no reason for players NOT to try and be better and more disciplined every day.

What do you suggest to our defensive linemen who never draw a holding penalty even when they are beating their blocks?

Asking for Leonard Taylor.

The Refs have been ******** us over for almost 30 years now...

Literally happens every opportunity they get a chance to fck us.
The 88 Gary fumble earliest that started the bad calls against us that I can think of. I mean we were tearing everything up in the mid 80s-early 90s, and doubt the NCAA liked what we were doing, and against Notre Dame at that.

What do you suggest to our defensive linemen who never draw a holding penalty even when they are beating their blocks?

Asking for Leonard Taylor.
[BGCOLOR=initial] [/BGCOLOR]
I'm not sure what you are asking here or where you are going with this line of thinking. For real.

I'm saying we should try not to commit penalties and you are saying what exactly?

That they should commit more if they have to, or what? I am sure you are not saying try and commit more penalties"

What exactly do you have issue with?

The LJ ruled fumble, the FJ ruled TD and no slide

To be fair on the slide, the rule states something to the effect to "sliding to give oneself up" which is not what the runner was doing. I would argue calling that a slide and marking the runner down at the 1 would be just as bad as not calling Chaney down by contact after replay

Advertisement
Back