Forgive my lack of football knowledge….

[BGCOLOR=initial] [/BGCOLOR]
I'm not sure what you are asking here or where you are going with this line of thinking. For real.

I'm saying we should try not to commit penalties and you are saying what exactly?

That they should commit more if they have to, or what? I am sure you are not saying try and commit more penalties"

What exactly do you have issue with?

I mean, if you have to ask......

You do realize the officials can affect a game just as easily by not calling
obvious penalties as opposed to calling bogus penalties.
Hence the mention of ACC officials keeping their flags in pockets while our
DL get held.
I am simply asking for officials to do their job, try to be as impartial as possible.
Do you have an issue with this or are you claiming we are not getting screwed
by the ACC officials?
Which is it?
You apparently all is good.
Bizarro.

Advertisement
Yes. That's squarely obvious to everyone, and pointed out repeatedly by everyone. But still the fake fumble absolutely is partly at 'fault' for the loss.

Not to state the obvious but if that fake fumble isn't called, we almost certainly don't lose that game.
K. We didn’t lose that game until the coach lost it for us

Here’s the thing..we were obviously getting robbed all night by the officials, why give them another chance to ***** us over?? That falls on Neanderthal boy

I mean, if you have to ask......

You do realize the officials can affect a game just as easily by not calling
obvious penalties as opposed to calling bogus penalties.
Hence the mention of ACC officials keeping their flags in pockets while our
DL get held.
I am simply asking for officials to do their job, try to be as impartial as possible.
Do you have an issue with this or are you claiming we are not getting screwed
by the ACC officials?
Which is it?
You apparently all is good.
Bizarro.
Yes, I have to ask, because dude, this is dumb. You seem to just want to fight.

I didn’t say any of that stuff. I’m not arguing with you. I don’t even disagree with anything you said.

I say try not to commit penalties and you argue like that this some outrageous thing to say.

Yes! the refs suck! They will call BS penalties. That was the entire original point. I said all that. You keep making sarcastic comments like you want to pick a fight.

What did I do to you? Where is all this coming from?

Advertisement
Yes, I have to ask, because dude, this is dumb. You seem to just want to fight.

I didn’t say any of that stuff. I’m not arguing with you. I don’t even disagree with anything you said.

I say try not to commit penalties and you argue like that this some outrageous thing to say.

Yes! the refs suck! They will call BS penalties. That was the entire original point. I said all that. You keep making sarcastic comments like you want to pick a fight.

What did I do to you? Where is all this coming from?

Sorry if I am coming off in this manner.
Nothing against you at all.
In fact, nothing against the other folks who remind us that our guys need to play smart and
our coaches need to do right by their team and, in the latter point, Cristobal failed his team.
But - my point - this doesn't excuse the "officiating" perpetrated against our boys last Saturday
and I suspect it is going to be worse vs UNC as we traditionally get jobbed against the Carolina
schools (I'm a Maryland grad, seen enough of what they did to the Terps when they were in the
ACC).
Anyways, no issues with you.

Guys and gals. I’m really new at this American football thing. Can someone please explain what down by contact is?
View attachment 260811
jesus christ man

hes down so the right call was made as far as play goes. This was more a travesty. Props to sfla fans cause I'm telling u up here in Jersey or Nyc if that happened those refs would of gotten bottles thrown at them. Some Broner Maidana type **** when Broner left the ring. I'm surprised they aren't getting destroyed those refs. They getting off cause people dont like Mario or the I want the HC fired syndrome. Waiting for any moment to get on him, pause.

I've never seen a scenario this cut and dry (not involving a penalty where there's judgment) if he's down they win, if not they lose (or would go onto have a chance to lose) to this magnitude. Last play of the game where there would legitimately be 0:00 on the clock as a result. This is the perfect opportunity to do something and make it right and change the outcome of the game. They won't do it but they should.

Maybe another scenario would be calling someone out of bounds in the end zone as time expires when they were inbounds and not getting it right on review. Don't recall any off the top of my head. Those are usually fixed in the booth.

Not trying to open a can of worms to the extent they could go back and change 2002 NCG and say it wasn't a penalty or find other games where there wasn't a penalty called and then say there was holding so it didn't count, etc. Only black and white cut and dry like this instance. Down or not, in bounds or not where the clock could run out or there's already 0 on it.
These UNC ******** had a drop in the back of the endzone ruled a TD a few years back that was never reviewed and we lost by 3

Advertisement
I simply hope our team recognizes it is us against the world, not just the ACC refs. All I need to mention is Porter one NC and the ND game that cost us another NC where the official actually responded he just had a bad day. Both near the end of the game. We need to play with a chip on our shoulders and destroy opponents.

It won't change a thing, but it would make me feel better if the ACC did the right thing and came out and said it was a bad call. Just for once act like Miami is a actual member of the conference and treated as such.
When something is so blatantly bad, and there is no statement about it, that's when you know it was cooked before it even started.

Advertisement
ill say it again. bad officiating affects both teams. we are constantly victims of bias officiating and it take as special kind of scumbag to be a grown man who sabotages are working college kids.

These UNC ******** had a drop in the back of the endzone ruled a TD a few years back that was never reviewed and we lost by 3
Remember it very clearly, ref was looking at the feet of the receiver and not paying attention as to whether he actually caught the ball or not!

"feet-first slide to give himself up" - you quoted the reference I was referring to.
And I provided an example of a slide with no defender around. It doesn’t matter if a defender is there or not. The slide ends the play at that point.

Advertisement
The Refs have been ******** us over for almost 30 years now...

Literally happens every opportunity they get a chance to fck us.

Cleveland Gary punching the ball in to win the game at Notre Lame still haunts me all these years later.

We’ve been getting clowned by the zebras since we stepped on the scene as the disruptive force we were and will be once again. Regardless of what any of these bums want.

You guys know how this is going to go, right? It's plain as day.

We are going to go 6-1 in our next 7 games, finishing the ACC schedule at 6-2, and we will finish 3rd in the ACC and miss out on Charlotte because of a diarrhea smoothie of playing like *** + horrendous officiating + the most moronic decision in football coaching history.

I'll bump this post after the Boston College game when we're on our way to the Gator Bowl.

is there an angle where Miami can claim bias/damage to the program/inferior product (officiating), as leverage to end our membership with the ACC.

Advertisement
Back