? For those who say, "coaches can't let X recruit get away"

first off, yearby is elite. i would prefer dalvin over sony but lets be real. we need depth every. no one turns down elite talent. wish we can get them all.

Advertisement
Winston wanted to play baseball. One Bama baseball team sucks and Saban didn't want him to play baseball.

Yeah.....because his future is really in baseball. He lost the recruiting battle, quit trying to move the goal posts.

LoL what? He is really good at baseball. FSU fans were worried that he would go play baseball instead.

He could have displayed his skills in baseball just as easily at Alabama. Baseball isn't football. Saban lost out on the #1 QB in his own state to an out of state 4 loss team. He's a corch in the recruiting game.

It's not about losing Dalvin Cook. It's about losing Dalvin Cook, Sony Michel and Alex Collins. That is a failure.

This team desperately needs a 200-pound back with Miami-caliber talent. The coaches know that and are working their asses off to solve the problem.

This right here perfectly sums up the situation. We have had three elite RBs prospects down in SF the last 2 years, and missing on all 3 is a failure. Yearby is very very good, but not an elite prospect. That is not to say he doesnt end the best of the bunch, but as a prospect he isnt elite. He has elite aspects to his game, but his stature and so-so top end speed prevents him from being considered such. If Collins was here then freaking out about Michel or Cook just wont be an issue. Now it would still suck to miss on a talent like Cook, but not the end of the world. Missing on all three though, FAILURE, plain and simple.

Now Yearby's not elite. Jesus.

Have always maintained that. He is great, a top 10 back nationally, but being objective I dont see him as elite. Think the word gets thrown around way too much anyway.

Winston wanted to play baseball. One Bama baseball team sucks and Saban didn't want him to play baseball.

Yeah.....because his future is really in baseball. He lost the recruiting battle, quit trying to move the goal posts.

LoL what? He is really good at baseball. FSU fans were worried that he would go play baseball instead.

He could have displayed his skills in baseball just as easily at Alabama. Baseball isn't football. Saban lost out on the #1 QB in his own state to an out of state 4 loss team. He's a corch in the recruiting game.

If Saban didn't want him to play baseball, how could he display his skills?

Saban missing on one guy is a corch. What does it mean when you lose multiple?

please when yearby was at fsu, everyone was saying he was elite. now he commits to miami and he is not elite? oh yea. we dont get dalvin or sony and the fire coach d threads will be the response. smh

Advertisement
please when yearby was at fsu, everyone was saying he was elite. now he commits to miami and he is not elite? oh yea. we dont get dalvin or sony and the fire coach d threads will be the response. smh

When Yearby was at FSU, everyone on here was saying he wasnt a big loss and nowhere near Michel or Cook. When he jumped ship and came over to the good guys, everyone changed their tune.

i am not saying cook and sony arent elite but too me yearby is elite. i could be wrong, maybe i am a homer but i like him alot.

i am not saying cook and sony arent elite but too me yearby is elite. i could be wrong, maybe i am a homer but i like him alot.

I also like him a lot. He is **** good, but elite gets thrown around way too much on here about our guys.
Then most are confused why our guys dont live up to their expectations. Kinda like this off season, when Morris had a shot at being a first rounder, our WRs corp was tops in the conference, and the best one that our TEs were really good.

Advertisement

If Saban didn't want him to play baseball, how could he display his skills?

Saban missing on one guy is a corch. What does it mean when you lose multiple?

Nope....he pretty much just got out recruited for Winston...... http://floridastate.rivals.com/barr...t=content.asp&cid=1531007&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

I'm sure Saban's missed out on many more. The point is, EVERY coach in America loses out on recruits. Multiple, every year and from their own backyard. It happens. If you guys are having problems with Golden's recruiting ability, then you are going to have a miserable existence as a Canes fan. This is one aspect of his coaching I have ZERO problems with.

Peter, Tito Dan and all of you other poster on here saying if Golden does not get Cook then it is an utter failure…

ARE U ******* KIDDING ME??? really?? Because a running back is going to be the difference right? How does Bama Win? With the front 4 and an great o-Line and QB play. Have any of you seen our class and how sick it is? We have playmakers next year that are insane. Duke by the way is a beast and now you will add Stacey freakin Coley as a sophomore . You will have talent at the DL like we have not had in a very long time albeit freshman.Yearby is not a slouch and is a monster and pair him up with Duke johnson WATCH OUT !. THe talent level is being restocked and it is being restocked correctly at the line of scrimmage where games are won. I remember a couple years back we played Wisconsin in a bowl game and everyone was saying that they didn't have the athletes to match up with Miami and blah blah blah. Well Their OL dominated us and they won the battle of the lines and all of our "speed" and "Playmakers" turned to mean jack ****.Point is Golden is doing things right.

Now with regards to Dalvin Cook there is no recruit left on the board that I wouldn't want more right now. Kid is an absolute BEAST STUD. Now what can miami do to keep him?

1. Recruit him hard( call him everyday, text, sent letters, say how much we need him, send coaches to game , ect.) Do this and show love more thn every other program. According to Cook Miami is doing this the hardest.

2. Pay the Man (HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE!! PAYING THIS GUY AND GETTING INTO A BIDDING WAR WITH FSU AND UF LIKE A WEEK AFTER THE NCAA SCANDAL HAS PASSED? IS COOK REALLY WORTH ******** A WHOLE PROGRAM OVER?)

So in essence… it is not a fail by the staff if we don't get him because they are doing everything possible. Many of you are just copping out and giving lazy as **** answers. Oh I'm not paid 2 million dollars to get cook blah blah blah. THen if you are not paid 2 million dollars why comment on something you guys have no idea about? So easy to criticize from twitter accounts or a message board. You think Golden does not know that Cook is a boss? You think he does not feel the pressure to succeed? or that on December the 6th they will do everything possible to convince Cook to come to the U?

What is a fail by the staff? Skai Moore. That is a fail.. waiting on a kid and jerking him around and not offering because they went full matt Thomas. Yet they went all in for the stud can't blame them for that. They are all in for Cook . Will Cook be Tracy Howard or will he be Matt Thomas? time will tell but not because this was a fail by the staff. In today's recruiting world The U has to deal with a scandal, the SEC ( a conference that everyone hypes up as the NFL conference), Deep pockets from State Schools that have a boatload of Cash, and street agents with an Agenda. Why ?? because South Florida is the premier recruiting spot in THESE UNITED STATES. So if FSU buys up cook then we can't do ****.. can't compete with a state school simple as that. So for all of you taking the lazy approach and dogging the question like a BUNCH OF PUSSIES. What can MIAMI DO TO KEEP COOK THAT THEY HAVE NOT BEEN DOING? Heard of Free will?? COOK HAS ONE #DROPSMICANDWALKSAWAYLIKEABOSS

NO ONE BATS 1.000

SOME RECRUITS YOU JUST WONT GET NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY

THE MAIN THING ABOUT GREAT RECRUITERS IS THEY WILL WIN MOST OF THEIR BATTLES OVER TIME

Advertisement
Dan he failed with Skai Moore, maybe others he did not offer. I am talking about big time studs like Cook and Matt THomas. How did he fail if he did everything but suck their ****s?.. but yeah Golden is pretty much awesome. WITH ALL THE **** HE HAS HAD TO PUT UP WITH I THINK HE HAS DONE A PRETTY GOOD JOB WITH RECRUTING. Wait a minute… NCAA sanctions are lifted?? what?? OH ****.. TOP 5 CLASS !!! coincidence much? Next year expect another monster class. Ever

Another thing.. stop dodging the **** question and say what can the staff do to get Cook? You can't say jack. Let's be lazy and pout out pout and pout. Never mind his DL Class is the best we have seen in 5-10 years with ballers that are miami quality and bringing just as impressive OL. Free Will Son… everyone has one and Cook if he does not want to be here he won't be here. You can recruit the crap out of him and do everything possible. What do you do if you are the staff? You do EVERYTHING and at the end hope the kid signs ON THE LINE THAT IS DOTTED.

Advertisement
you can't… you have nothing but sarcastic jabs….… just an armchair QB that brings nothing to this covo except " Golden Failed" how? " He failed".

So I guess then you are also a failure. You criticize GOlden and staff for failing yet you an avid fan of the Canes find it easy to just call your coach a failure without bringing ANYTHING to the TABLE in terms of what they should be doing. Nothing that is well thought out ala Vishnu Parasuraman just… blah we suck fire Dorito, Golden Failed bull ****. Bring analysis to the table dawg. I won't let you get away with this cheap lazy grassy commentary. I will call you out until you post something meaningful on how you think our coaches can make our team better.

We have the 3rd ranked class in the nation. Nothing we do from here on out will make this class an "utter failure". GTFO with that garbage.

Dalvin is the best player in Florida but we got 20 other players from here that are nasty as **** too.

How about we start focusing on what we have, not what we don't have.

Advertisement
Back