? For those who say, "coaches can't let X recruit get away"

Canemang

Senior
Banned
Or else it's a failure by the staff.

Pete just tweeted that it' a Complete failure by the staff if Cook goes elsewhere. Cook himself has said Miami is recruiting him as hard as any other school. If that's true, and he chooses to leave, what else can a staff do?

This isn't really about Cook, I just referenced him for the sake of the ?

What can a staff do if they recruit the **** out of a player, yet he chooses not to sign with said school.

Advertisement
When the best player in the state plays HS football 2 blocks from your campus, and he goes elsewhere, it's a failure. There's no such thing as trying hard enough. There are no participation trophies. It doesn't get simpler than that.

When the best player in the state plays HS football 2 blocks from your campus, and he goes elsewhere, it's a failure. There's no such thing as trying hard enough. There are no participation trophies. It doesn't get simpler than that.

So what would you do different?

Advertisement
This is the 2nd year in a row we lose the best player in south Florida. Its time to change how you recruit. Imagine if Coley and Barrow were not here carrying this class.

Advertisement
LOL. It's not about doing something different. You either get the kids or you don't. It's ok to admit that Golden isn't perfect.

This is the 2nd year in a row we lose the best player in south Florida. Its time to change how you recruit. Imagine if Coley and Barrow were not here carrying this class.

So you're not blaming Barrow for Lane and MT6 leaving even tho he was primary recruiter. HE IS ******* related to Lane. Imagine if he could actually recruit.

On another note did Golden not retain Barrow or hire Coley? Yeah but you'll never give him credit for that. Also change your ******* avi you ****tard. Why would a NFL DC leave the NFL for a paycut to come be a coordinator at UM. **** yourself.

LOL. It's not about doing something different. You either get the kids or you don't. It's ok to admit that Golden isn't perfect.

But what would you do different. Cook himself said Miami is and has been recruiting him the hardest. So what are they not doing? How are they failing if he just doesn't want to play for UM? Please do tell. It's not about me thinking Golden is perfect. I don't. It's about what more would you have them do? You don't have an answer.

Advertisement

What if the kid WANTS to go away? The best college I got into was NYU but it was about the last place I wanted to go because I grew up 15 minutes from it and wanted to go away for college. A LOT of kids want to go away for school, football players included.

Advertisement

Read the OP, the question isn't about Cook, I just used him as a reference.

You say just get the kids or you don't. As a coach what would YOU do different?

Read the OP, the question isn't about Cook, I just used him as a reference.

You say just get the kids or you don't. As a coach what would YOU do different?

He won't answer because there isn't an answer.

Advertisement
Back