For Those Who Haven't Seen - RE: henderson, dean, smith

I'm so tired of beating this dead horse. The staff failed in DB recruiting this year. Stop making excuses for them. I do like the guys we got, but we should have gotten more. Stop trashing the guys we didn't get. Who cares about them. WE FAILED TO RECRUIT THE PLAYERS WE NEEDED AT DB.

we didnt fail. and we definitely do as well as we shouldve. the reason this continues on, is because the truth is somewhere between these two extremes that keep being debated. i'll agree, its probably closer to fail than to 100% success, but until we see these kids actually play, we have hoenstly have no idea.

my biggest gripe is that we should have been knowed about CJ's issues if this were the case, and we shouldve moved onto other targets long ago. thats our advantage by being down here... by rumph being from down here and knowing the people who would know these things.

must tighten up

Advertisement
Too many guys like this from South Florida act entitled and it kills the team's unity. If he's afraid to compete then no reason to bring him in, there's been too many players like this that have been in the program the last decade that either get kicked off the team or create a rift in the locker room. If kids don't realize the opportunity that they're getting to play at UM then forget them.

Yall want a kid who quits on his team? How do yall know he wouldn't do that here? He wasnt going to start here from the start, im cool with the staff telling him off about it, if you commit to something go through with it no matter what

if sean taylor wanted to committ last minute u would let him......and he quit an all star game lets say.....would u take him or let him go to fsu?

bang ther

Depends on if I believed ST was going to man up or sit on the bench and sulk every time I didn't put him in the game. Knowing how ST turned out, sure you put up with that but there's no reason to think this kid is that kind of talent.

Don't know if this is true, but if so I'm down. No point in wasting a scholarship on a kid you think will spend his time throwing tantrums.

ST did go to Killian where he did not start then switched schools

To compare Sean to this kid is blatantly disrespectful & to transfer is a lil different than refusing to play & walking off. I could almost guarantee u if this kid was even a tenth of the prospect Sean was coming out of highschool we would've handled things differently. Every kid is different & should be. Just like Jimmy said

Yall want a kid who quits on his team? How do yall know he wouldn't do that here? He wasnt going to start here from the start, im cool with the staff telling him off about it, if you commit to something go through with it no matter what

if sean taylor wanted to committ last minute u would let him......and he quit an all star game lets say.....would u take him or let him go to fsu?

bang ther

Are you f***ing kidding! Sean Taylor had that, what's the phase, "dog in him". If he's at the game, you couldn't keep him off the field. This is just so dumb.

Advertisement

bang ther

Depends on if I believed ST was going to man up or sit on the bench and sulk every time I didn't put him in the game. Knowing how ST turned out, sure you put up with that but there's no reason to think this kid is that kind of talent.

Don't know if this is true, but if so I'm down. No point in wasting a scholarship on a kid you think will spend his time throwing tantrums.

To compare Sean to this kid is blatantly disrespectful & to transfer is a lil different than refusing to play & walking off. I could almost guarantee u if this kid was even a tenth of the prospect Sean was coming out of highschool we would've handled things differently. Every kid is different & should be. Just like Jimmy said

That whole argument is moot considering ST sat behind Ed Reed and both were elite

lol at the staffs feelings getting hurt lmao i cant lolololol......these guys r winners cmon they know they need ballers......this see,s like bs all the way. i like dee but he was way off on alot n this domt see, believable at all

I ain't been way off or even off. **** changes. Sucks but that's the case

Not saying you're wrong, but 1 thing doesn't quite add up to me:

So if Rumph essentially called this kid and chewed his butt out on the phone (for the record, I agree with Rumph's principle here; just think he should have bit his tongue), then why did he say in that article that he called Henderson and asked him what he could have done better as a recruiter.

Just doesn't make much sense.

I don't know your answer to that as I didn't ask him. But regardless knowing how Mike is he's always trying to get more effective. He knows he has things to learn. This recruitment was crazy for a long time far before this stance was took. Maybe that's what he's thinking but at that point honestly it's just grasping straws.

Kids who ***** up the all-star games or cause a lot of dram, don't tend to do well, at least not ad well as they should.

bang ther

This is not being a shot a ST just a fact. I played and grew up with since pop warner days with the razorbacks. Even played for his dad coach pete. I am just stating that kids make decisions based on what they feel. ST thought he should be a starter so he transferred to a smaller school where he got his chance and took advantage of it. Like you said all kids are different and react different.

Advertisement
What about TreMaine Mack??? Can we talk about him somehow

Tremaine was 100x the player this kid is gonna be. Tremaine was the ultimate team player & a monster. His problem was he had a HEAVY dependency on alcohol.

bang ther

This is not being a shot a ST just a fact. I played and grew up with since pop warner days with the razorbacks. Even played for his dad coach pete. I am just stating that kids make decisions based on what they feel. ST thought he should be a starter so he transferred to a smaller school where he got his chance and took advantage of it. Like you said all kids are different and react different.

Nice insight.

Tell Leon that he ain't the only one that puts his pants on one crank at a time!

bang ther

Don't ever put that little punks name in the same sentence as Sean Taylor...

And ST wouldn't quit ****

Advertisement
The kid is a high schooler.

Why the **** would you not bring him in and rough him up, at least make an example out of kids who want to act like that. You really let him go to UF just because of that?

****ing weak.

Bring him in and process his ***. Don't let UF get their hands on him. This is the dumbest **** I've ever heard why the **** would Rumph do that? No wonder he sucks *** at recruiting.

It would be pretty expensive. $50,000 a year to be a punching bag for kids that want it more. Do you want to contribute to the fund?

As far as UF, let the cancer consume them. There's a reason why they've always been soft.

We need CBs this year. Henderson wasn't going to help us at CB this year. He couldn't even start in the worst All Star game in HS football. If he can't start against Guy Lafleur III last week then what's he going to do in the fcking ACC this year?

By the time that facquit is developed into a game ready CB (if he didn't quit in the process) we should already have a roster stacked with studs at CB.

Too many guys like this from South Florida act entitled and it kills the team's unity. If he's afraid to compete then no reason to bring him in, there's been too many players like this that have been in the program the last decade that either get kicked off the team or create a rift in the locker room. If kids don't realize the opportunity that they're getting to play at UM then forget them.

Listen.
To.
This.
Man.

Advertisement
All that matter is the field. Mark disappointed last year. I want to see the wins on the field.

Why people down voted this statement is beyond me. I was very disappointed with the 4 game slide, he called poor games. Finally woke up and changed his game plans a bit. But waiting 4 games was way the **** too long IMO. He has to do better this year right out of the gates.

Thanks for the heads up. I never go back and check that sort of stuff. I just assume everyone likes the truth and since I am never wrong ... Oh that's not it. I just don't care. But I agree with you. Expecting better of someone like Mark should not be an insult. I expected more because I respected his ability. Should we expect him to lose four games again this year? I was ****ed at JJ his first year and he was a nobody. Howard ruined us for all coaches. Come to Miami and win or don't bother making the trip.

We need CBs this year. Henderson wasn't going to help us at CB this year. He couldn't even start in the worst All Star game in HS football. If he can't start against Guy Lafleur III last week then what's he going to do in the fcking ACC this year?

By the time that facquit is developed into a game ready CB (if he didn't quit in the process) we should already have a roster stacked with studs at CB.

He would never start over the CBs that come in the 2018 class anyways

1) why the **** would any of our coaches chew out a kid 3 ******* days before NSD? Lock his bytch *** down, and fix his attitude during summer ball. You can red shirt the fûcking kid if he throws hizzy fits and doesn't want to be a team player. He will mature or transfer, but I doubt a kid who gets upset about not starting in a meaningless game would have been ok with sitting out another year. This is unacceptable if true.

2) hope DIVAnte Smith enjoyed prime 112, he won't be able to afford it once he's working at enterprise rent a car.

Amen to #1 .

You recruit a kid, in and out of camps for over a year, visit his home and family, and get to know his COACHES who would know all about his competitiveness....and then go silent on him because he allegedly throws a tantrum at a stupid all star event? Bull****.

If you can't work with that, maybe your in the wrong profession. This sadly sounds like some Shannon era type ****.

UM

Glad you're not coaching or recruiting at the U...we would be the joke of CFB

WHAT KILLS ADVERSITY? UNITY!

Advertisement
Back