For Those Who Haven't Seen - RE: henderson, dean, smith

What Brooklyndee shared speaks to exactly what Coach Diaz referenced recently regarding bringing in guys with the right mental make up. No more interlopers, posers, etc. We can't go into Tally or Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa or even Chapel Hill with kids that are mentally soft and expect to win because kids like that do exactly what he did, when things got tough he quit and took the easier option.

Advertisement
Well said. And what is being said about Henderson is absolutely believable. In fact, his whole recruitment is indicative exactly what Brooklyndee posted - a kid who is extremely temperamental. I was unaware that Dean was playing games with ASU, but I'm glad it worked out as it did. I felt like Smith was a silent to us because he had not openly committed to Bama when everyone thought he would do so several months back. What I couldn't figure was why Pete almost never mentioned Smith. And agree too with what you said about bags.

The reason Henderson didn't come here is because of last weekend.

The long story starts at the all star game in orlando. Henderson found out he wasn't starting & took his pads off & walked off. Refused to be a back up.

When rumph & Diaz found out about it rumph called him up & snapped on him. Told him that's not what canes do. We don't need kids like that. Henderson as a result got in his feelings & didn't show up Sunday night like he was supposed to. Because of that & him doing what he did at the all star game we stopped all communication with him.

Since then bandy has tried to play peacemaker between the staff & him but the staff had no interest.

#2 rumph found out as of late Monday night jhavonte Dean was a silent to us & to ASU. He seemed to be leaning in that direction. A big part in his recruitment here was Adrian colbert. So we had Adrian call & Dean admitted he was a silent to both of us & didn't know what to do. Adrian had a friend & teammate from Texas who transferred to ASU so he put them in touch.

After speaking to buddy from ASU he told them how ASU treated there players like **** & lied about most things from when he was being recruited. After that call he told ASU he was gonna be a cane. That was Tuesday afternoon before he decided.

Devonta I still don't know 100% what happened. All I know is Monday at around 2am I got a call from a particular coach saying this mother ****er. On top of that he told us he'd be going to lsu. Feelet free to blame me for that but he'd been a silent to us since paradise & I can show that on a screen shot supported by a pic of all of us at prime 112 from back in July when we were celebrating him & another kid who didn't end up coming.

Thanks for the info, Brooklyn!!!

Definitely sounds like truth.

1.Henderson was flaky as **** the whole cycle and showed a huge lack of maturity and disrespect at the U.S. game. I think it'll end up being a blessing in disguise for us. Kid has bytch written all over him. Canes just wanna play and then when they get their shot, they prove **** by balling, not by throwing hissy fits.

2.Can definitely see the scenario with Dean taking place. We had some kids playing us this cycle. Colbert ends up being a better DB recruiter than any of our coaches. Kid has my respect! True Cane!

3.Devontae played us. It was clear as day when he didn't come on his visit. The "other silent recruit" menioned is of course, Whoopie. They both played us like a fiddle. I'd be ****ed off too if I was the coach that called Brooklyn at 2 am.

Bottom line is, Hendo is weak sauce and Smith was about that bag life.

I know for the "unicorns" and "pixies" crowd it's hard to believe, but **** sounds legit.

Thanks, Bennu! If it looks and smells like a **** sandwich, then it's most probably a **** sandwich.

Glad the coaches didn't fall enough in love with the **** sandwich to buy it. Hendo might even be bipolar for all we know.

Smith definitely got bag fever. Kids never learn. I'll be shocked if he ever plays significantly for them. Too many guys at WR on their roster that are just as good or better than him.

With Smith it had to be bags. There is nothing Bama could show them about their roster or passing game that would make him want to go there. Nothing. Check their passing stats since 2014. They are going in reverse. And with a TB for a QB it's not going to get much better. I hope he enjoys being a quick twitch run blocker.

Morale of the story. Stop with these "Silent" Commits. Made our staff waste so much time on these guys... Commit or GTFO.

Yall want a kid who quits on his team? How do yall know he wouldn't do that here? He wasnt going to start here from the start, im cool with the staff telling him off about it, if you commit to something go through with it no matter what

if sean taylor wanted to committ last minute u would let him......and he quit an all star game lets say.....would u take him or let him go to fsu?

bang ther

C'mon D.
You know ST wouldn't quit on an all-star team.
You know what he would do? He would be on the sidelines, getting all fired up waiting for his shot.
And when he did, THIS would happen...
Remembering Sean Taylor's Hit on Punter Brian Moorman in Pro Bowl - KCM Sports

Last edited:
Yall want a kid who quits on his team? How do yall know he wouldn't do that here? He wasnt going to start here from the start, im cool with the staff telling him off about it, if you commit to something go through with it no matter what

if sean taylor wanted to committ last minute u would let him......and he quit an all star game lets say.....would u take him or let him go to fsu?

bang ther

Lets leave Sean T. out of this. All these "What-if" scenarios...point is Sean T. wasn't a ***** flake and Bytch like this kid...period.

Advertisement
So Smith was DJ ace.

As far as the Henderson story, didn't the dead period last all the way to signing day? If so how do you cut off communication when you should not be communicating anyway?

Actually, the coaches can make more contact by phone than they normally can. They normally can initiate one call per week (Sunday thru Saturday). During signing week, there is no limit on the number of calls the coaches can make during the 96 hour period that begins at 7 a.m. on Monday and runs through 7 a.m. on Friday.

13.1.3.3.2 Letter-of-Intent Signing-Date Exception. Institutional coaching staff members (see Bylaw 13.1.3.4.1) may make unlimited telephone calls to a prospective student-athlete on the initial date for the signing of the National Letter of Intent and during the two days immediately following the initial signing date.
13.1.3.3.2.1 Football Exception. [FBS/FCS] In football, institutional coaching staff members may make unlimited telephone calls to prospective student-athletes during the period 48 hours before and 48 hours after 7 a.m. on the initial signing date for the National Letter of Intent.

Considering what appeared to happen with Holloman/McFarland/Smith, hopefully everyone now realizes how useless "silent commits" are. ****, even Dean was a silent to multiple schools and was a toss up before talking to Colbert when most presumed he was a Cane lock.

Too many recruits silently pledge to multiple schools only to burn us at the 11th hour. Always nice to make a splash leading up to and during NSD, but you should never opt to recruit just one premier player at a position assuming they'll come the way we did with McFarland.

Silent commit just means save my spot until I find something I like better. Means you aint a true Cane.

If your a local it means your an SEC **** and if your an out of towner it means your an SEC **** or a mommas boy.

I get it leaving home is when your scared to start being a man and all Prima Donnas are cheap *****.

i watched him at the under armour game and he was getting lit up. got beat so bad did not get his head around and almost knocked the guy helmet off with his hands, had no clue where the ball was.

bang ther

Point is guys like Sean Taylor wouldn't quit. Success is talent + character + hard work. Talent alone ain't enough.

ST and quit are a contradiction in terms

Advertisement

bang ther

Sean Taylor never pulled this crap.

That's why he's Sean Taylor.

Here´s some real life footage of Sean Taylor quitting an all star game:

[video=youtube;5Zhe4qS2o-0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zhe4qS2o-0[/video]

IMG_1050.jpg

If the story is true. Which it makes sense to me. The story never said that Rumph just cut him because of what he did. It said he went off on him. Henderson was going to commit to Miami, Rumph saw him exhibit poor character and challenged him. That is exactly what he should of done. The story said that Henderson responded to the chewing by not visiting, and or communicating on that Sunday. So in my conclusion, when Rumph challenged Henderson, Henderson was pouting and willing to go back on his word. Monday morning he is taking Gator calls again, just because his character was challenged by big a meanie Miami coach. That is not the attitude a Corn Elder would have. Rumph has to uphold the standard, standard he played with, and his previous Miami team mates played with. Players like Bandy seem to be in that mold.

Advertisement

bang ther

Sean Taylor would never quit. If he did, he wouldn't have been Sean Taylor.

bang ther

ST wouldn't quit - no how, no way - that's the point...

Advertisement

bang ther

So you thibk CJ is a sean taylor type of talent???

No ones Sean Taylor I'm just using that as an example of a high caliber recruit....st was a four star just like cj. Bama wanted him also and u coach those guys up...all of a sudden no one here wants him or now we feel OK that he didn't come because of this story. I was never high on the kid but who knows about his character really....no one.

There are a lot of athletically gifted people like him that don't have the drive or desire so they never amount to anything. It would be like saying what if you had Jerry Rice but he didn't want to do his crazy workouts in the offseason and didn't want to practice. Well then he wouldn't of been the greatest WR ever, he would of been some bum who you don't remember and never heard of.

Who?

Jerry Rice... that Asian guy. Small crank I hear.

Gentlemen, question:

Y r we still discussing this Gaytor? It amazes me we'll have 20+ pages on tramps, but the real ones, the guys who actually suit up for Canes, they get a maximum of 5 pages. F these hoes, mane. They ain't w us, therefore they ain't worth our time. Fact is, we showed all 3 of those bytches mad love. Wasn't nobody F'n w Edwards or Henderson & Bama was slow playing Smith. They decided to turn their backs on the U, so Fck em. We don't need to discuss the reasons y any of em didn't come; fact is if they were real, they would be here.

Because the post gives an interesting insight into recruiting. It ain't about BJ, it's about the process.

Advertisement
Back