For those of you wanting Richt gone..Who would you hire?

Good to hear that anyone wanting him gone is an extreme outlier. As I said, I think we're headed in the right direction and most importantly that we were fortunate to have him available when we were looking for a HC.

He's not perfect for certain, there are lots of nits I could complain about but overall I'm glad he's here

You are either a troll or what they call in South, a “*******.” Your original post was a **** you laid to stink up the joint and bring the ****roaches out of the woods. Mission accomplished.

Now you want to sound like scientist conducting an experiment, collecting data and stating a conclusion. RME!

No, you still don’t smell like a rose. I’d like to know, what college team you’re a fan of, cause you certainly don’t smell like a cane. I would ban you if I were a mod.

Advertisement
I agree,

And we couldn't afford ANY one of them.

In fact it would be a notable dent in our budget to pay, what those three, are now paying any one of their Asst. Coaches.

Some here do not realize the extent of the $$ disparity between us and the schools where these guys are coaching.

We simply cannot compete dollar wise for "BIG NAME coaches" so we wouldn't even be in the picture if they became available. We were very very lucky Richt was available and most importantly willing when we needed a coach.
JUST STOP IT.

We got to get rid of the idiots on the board man. 10 win season with all the sh*t going on, Bringing in our most talented recruiting class by far in a long time to add to what we have on the roster and a thread comes up like this? Y’all mfs are crazy man....

Advertisement
Anyone that said Richt needs to be gone is just super fan who knows nothing about football. Lol. There are about 3 ONLY that could replace Right, and Meyers, Saban, or Carroll ain't leaving their spot anytime soon.
I agree! Except I would say Dabo but not Carroll

Jury is still out on whether Richt took the Miami job to prove that he can win a championship or if it's a cushy semi-retirement. Hiring his son was a bit suspect, but Jon seems to be a pretty good recruiter. I want Richt to be ruthless with his staff. Rumph losing kids he used to coach is inexcusable, but if he makes up for being a bad recruiter by being an excellent coach, I'll accept that, but Richt needs to hire a Hartley on defense. I don't think Patke is that guy.

Whoever is in charge of overall recruiting though is a moron. Richt needs to replace that guy. There is no reason that Miami should be shorthanded in the front 7 on defense or scrambling at the end of the recruiting period to make up for losing two DTs to the draft.

I'm not so sure a new OC matters if he is just implementing Richt's same
offense. RPO is fine, but I don't think we'll put up video game numbers with that offense, which we'll need to make up for what I think will be a disappointing and leaky defense. I think we could put up crazy numbers with an Air Raid offense but I know that's not happening.

Isn't Doherty in charge of recruiting? He is one of the best in the business

Advertisement
Definitely don’t want Richt gone, but I think a name to watch in the next few years is Kiffin. Excellent offense, elite recruiter, put together a monster staff at FAU, and I think he’s gotten a lot more wise and mature since his USC days.

FAU lost their AD Chung, and have yet to name a replacement, it was also noted that they have an agreement for an extension, but not signed.
Another decent season and he's gonezo. There's also grumbling per today's PB Post because he signed one kid from Dade, Broward and PB counties.

What are you worried about anyway? FAU is never going to be a threat to Miami, in any aspect.

Last edited:
I was a Butch guy. Richt has done a good job so far. I dont get the hate. Do people realize Butch is pushing 70 and unless dabo, meyer, or saban becomes available, what are you talking about? Also, Butch's last two coordinators were coker and radio. Our downfall started because of coker who was a pretty average oc who just had a ton of talent.

FAU lost their AD Chung, and have yet to name a replacement, it was also noted that they have an agreement for an extension, but not signed.
Another decent season and he's gonezo. There's also grumbling per today's PB Post because he signed one kid from Dade, Broward and PB counties.

What are you worried about anyway? FAU is never going to be a threat to Miami, in any aspect.

Who said I was worried lol? The title of the thread had to do with a potential replacement for Richt and I expressed my liking for Kiffin.

Advertisement
We got to get rid of the idiots on the board man. 10 win season with all the sh*t going on, Bringing in our most talented recruiting class by far in a long time to add to what we have on the roster and a thread comes up like this? Y’all mfs are crazy man....

Relax, take deep breaths. The vast majority in this thread expressed support for Richt. Stop building up a fake boogeyman so you can run around and express your dramatic outrage.

Anyone know Manny Diaz's salary? I couldn't find it on the Google machine. Kevin Steele from Auburn makes 1.1 million per year, curious if that's more or less than Diaz.

Advertisement
You can call out His shortcomings and don't want Him gone, the 2 don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Criticism comes with the territory when you're making $4M a year...can't take it don't take the check...simple.

LOL...I'm pretty certain Diaz ain't no million dollar coordinator...if so Richt should be fired.

Since Miami is private and doesn't have to publish salaries, we have to make an educated guess:
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

I'd say less than Bud Foster at 950k but more than Ted Roof (GT) at 800k. 850k seems about right. If Manny is making 850k, Richt needs to look in the sofa cushions for another 150k and offer Bud Foster 1 million plus to be DC.

Advertisement
Back