For those of you wanting Richt gone..Who would you hire?

MainLineCane

No More Excuses / Time to win
Personally I'm fine with CMR and feel that we're definitely headed in the right direction as fast as we can realistically go with the personnel and depth that we have. Getting the No.7 Recruiting Class only solidifys that assessment for me. But that's just my opinion

So just out of curiosity, for those who want him gone, who's better out there that you realistically think we could get??

Advertisement
Personally I'm fine with CMR and feel that we're definitely headed in the right direction as fast as we can realistically go with the personnel and depth that we have. Getting the No.7 Recruiting Class only solidifys that assessment for me. But that's just my opinion

So just out of curiosity, for those who want him gone, who's better out there that you realistically think we could get??
Nobody wants him gone. People (not me to be clear) just wants him to get either get an OC or be more creative with the play calling. Some also feel he needs to get another experienced staff member.

Advertisement
Are you serious? I don't know anyone that wants him gone. He's a huge upgrade over our previous three coaches.
Give us a competent QB and more depth, and we would have made the final four playoffs. We just wore down at the end of the season. We had like less than 70 healthy players.

That said, he needs to take a serious look at the problems with defensive recruiting. And he needs to make sure we are at or close to a 85-man roster.

Advertisement
There was actually a thread calling for him to be fired last year. Stupidest stuff I've seen on here in a long time. If you can't see the real progress that has been made in the past two years I don't know what to tell you. We have made great progress these past two years and if we stay on this trajectory we will be fine.

It's also incredibly pointless to call for him to be fired. The reality is that he is getting at least five years unless we are truly horrible.

Advertisement
Good to hear that anyone wanting him gone is an extreme outlier. As I said, I think we're headed in the right direction and most importantly that we were fortunate to have him available when we were looking for a HC.

He's not perfect for certain, there are lots of nits I could complain about but overall I'm glad he's here

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who the **** wants Richt gone? Some of us want him to change a few things around, but nobody wants him gone. Christ.

This.
For the people who are complaining.. if you actually read what they post it either they aren't happy with the play calling or the trends/trajectory on the defensive side of the ball from a overall field and recruiting standpoint because we've seen this type of complacency/excuses before. All those arguments are justifiable if you take your Canes shades off for 2 seconds and look at things objectively.

Advertisement
Back