For those of you wanting Richt gone..Who would you hire?

I think Rick was the right hire at the right time in the school’s history. We were at pretty much rock bottom and we needed a name like Rick to reestablish the brand being former alum.

That being said there are some warning signs that concern me. However nothing is going to change this year and maybe even next. I wish we had an AD that could help advise Rick however I think we all know Maine is definitely not the guy to do it. Sam would have been the perfect kind of AD if he was the man today.

From what I have heard at Georgia Rick was coarsed into firing Willie Martinez who was a complete and utter disaster as a DC. Also the Dawg AD coarsed Rick into hiring Mike Bobo and give up some control of The O.

We don’t have that dynamic in place and this is what really concerns me honestly. Again I’m glad Rick is here but really worried about his stubbornness and his persistence of complete control of all areas.

Advertisement
Nobody wants to fire Richt. Some of just think that Richt has his flaws, and are a little tired of some people acting like he's God.

I think he was the best option in 2015 and still is the best option now. He already has us back to solid status, although I question if he can win a national championship or even make a lot of playoff appearances. With that being said, it was probably better to hire a good but not probably not great coach like Richt rather than hire somebody who was higher risk and higher reward. We really need somebody to bring us back to regular top 10 or at minimum top 15 status so that we don't basically fade from CFB forever. (As I posted on another thread, we are not some Alabama, Michigan, Southern Cal or Notre Dame type program that can afford 15 year down periods and eventually come back. It's not that hard to look at our football history and basically view us as some peculiar 20 year fad from 1983 to 2002.)

Nobody wants to fire Richt. Some of just think that Richt has his flaws, and are a little tired of some people acting like he's God.

I think he was the best option in 2015 and still is the best option now. He already has us back to solid status, although I question if he can win a national championship or even make a lot of playoff appearances. With that being said, it was probably better to hire a good but not probably not great coach like Richt rather than hire somebody who was higher risk and higher reward. We really need somebody to bring us back to regular top 10 or at minimum top 15 status so that we don't basically fade from CFB forever. (As I posted on another thread, we are not some Alabama, Michigan, Southern Cal or Notre Dame type program that can afford 15 year down periods and eventually come back. It's not that hard to look at our football history and basically view us as some peculiar 20 year fad from 1983 to 2002.)

Miami will never fade from CFB unless there is a massive shift in demographics in South Florida. Miami will always be a competent coaching staff away from elite status due to its proximity to the best football talent in the country.

Miami will never fade from CFB unless there is a massive shift in demographics in South Florida. Miami will always be a competent coaching staff away from elite status due to its proximity to the best football talent in the country.

agree, Miami, Texas, and USC should never be counted out. I always said if Texas ever got a real coach look out, well now they have one, imo first top notch coach since DKR and that was a LONG time ago, Mack was merely a poser, yea yea VY won that game in spite of Mack, TH is the real deal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back