For those of you wanting Richt gone..Who would you hire?

This.
For the people who are complaining.. if you actually read what they post it either they aren't happy with the play calling or the trends/trajectory on the defensive side of the ball from a overall field and recruiting standpoint because we've seen this type of complacency/excuses before. All those arguments are justifiable if you take your Canes shades off for 2 seconds and look at things objectively.

Advertisement
I say misleading, not untrue, because you're including his NFL record and the NFL is a totally different animal than CFB. Some coaches are cut out for one or the other, but very rarely for both, which is why I wouldn't include his days at the Raiders when evaluating him for a CFB head coaching position.

In regards to Lane and his future, I'm far more optimistic on him than you, but time will tell. He definitely was the 'hard to get along with' immature dramatic douche bag in his younger days, but people change. Based solely on his interviews, I think he possess a decent amount of self-awareness and recognizes how his own character defects contributed to his demise at USC. FAU is the first college job he'll be at for two years straight without any sanctions. I think his first year success at FAU is far more indicative of his ability as a head coach than his overall record.

Of course, you’re entitled to your opinion, but it’s been my experience that counting on people to change is the biggest single mistake people make when judging other’s characters. It rarely works out.

Pinning the future of a football program on the hope of someone changing a well established pattern of behavior is a high risk recipe for failure.

If MR can make the changes necessary to cure our offensive deficiencies, and out-coach some elite power 5 teams, then there isn't **** anybody can say. 2018 should be very interesting and telling.

Of course, you’re entitled to your opinion, but it’s been my experience that counting on people to change is the biggest single mistake people make when judging other’s characters. It rarely works out.

Pinning the future of a football program on the hope of someone changing a well established pattern of behavior is a high risk recipe for failure.

When people show you who they are...that's who they are.

Advertisement
I want him gone as our OC but never going to happen sadly. My only hope is that our infusion of talent on offense will make a huge difference. Possibly MR spending a week in Philly with Eagles staff on RPO.

If MR spent a week in Philly, he would only talk about the Goodness of the Lord.

We can't (and won't) go through with this again, so to anyone who has even the slightest notion of wanting Richt gone - I would advise putting it out of your mind, for your own sanity. He's going to be coaching here for as long as he wants to be coaching here, barring major disaster.

If MR spent a week in Philly, he would only talk about the Goodness of the Lord.

I hope you enjoy being the first poster joining the band in the newly refurbished site.

You have 33 posts since you joined.

Every single post is a fire Richt post or one mocking his religion. The very definition of a troll.

It takes a real cūnt to mock someone’s religion.

Unfortunately, since I’m nowhere near religious as I probably should be, I have no problem telling you to go go eat a bag of herpes infused dlcks, washed down with a gallon of bleach, and followed by a big fūck you.

Last edited:
Since Miami is private and doesn't have to publish salaries, we have to make an educated guess:
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

I'd say less than Bud Foster at 950k but more than Ted Roof (GT) at 800k. 850k seems about right. If Manny is making 850k, Richt needs to look in the sofa cushions for another 150k and offer Bud Foster 1 million plus to be DC.

i love clueless posts like this. big time programs have been trying to get foster out of blacksburg for almost 2 decades, including for head coach positions. he's never leaving.

Advertisement
If MR can make the changes necessary to cure our offensive deficiencies, and out-coach some elite power 5 teams, then there isn't **** anybody can say. 2018 should be very interesting and telling.

our offensive deficiencies start at the quarterback position. rosier lost us games and made some wins closer than necessary. not much richt (or anyone for that matter) can do with an incredibly inaccurate and streaky qb without great running backs to carry the load.

I don't want Richt fired.. but if he decided to retire, I'd be ok.

Wouldn't even have to look very far.

offensive-coordinator-lane-kiffin-of-the-alabama-crimson-tide-watches-picture-id485770775

Advertisement

This is where I'm at... much more progress needed. No more barely eeking out games versus weak teams (GT, Syracuse, North Carolina), more blowouts. We must win the coastal again. And I understand that winning the ACC is tough, but I don't want to see another Clemson blow-out where we look years behind them as a program. Dominate the weaker teams and compete with the stronger teams and I'll be happy.

Advertisement
Not going to read all of the post before me but anyone who wants Richt gone shouldnt be on this forum because they are a TROLLLLL....

You all do realize in richts first two years he has broken down barriers that we have either never accomplished before or havent been done in over 15 years. Richt is the brightest future we have had in years and thats likely going back to Butch. To want him gone now is redic.

Nobody with any sense wants Richt fired. Everything hasn't been perfect but it's been very good so far. The only people here who want him fired are the people who still believe Borch Davis would automatically win the championship here every year. Yeah, the same Borch Davis who has had one season of more than 9 wins in his entire career and that was 18 years ago.

Advertisement
Back