For those of you wanting Richt gone..Who would you hire?

You are either a troll or what they call in South, a “*******.” Your original post was a **** you laid to stink up the joint and bring the ****roaches out of the woods. Mission accomplished.

Now you want to sound like scientist conducting an experiment, collecting data and stating a conclusion. RME!

No, you still don’t smell like a rose. I’d like to know, what college team you’re a fan of, cause you certainly don’t smell like a cane. I would ban you if I were a mod.

Hilarious!

Its simple, I posted what I posted because I wanted to know. I stated my viewpoint as the originator. Its obvious you've never seen any of my other posts pulling those wild stupid assumptions outta your ***. You don't seem to know Jack! Its best to be able to comprehend what was written before attacking someone.

But hey, you are free to assume whatever you want. Anyway, you're not stopping me from posting whatever I wish as long as its within the rules of the board.

More importantly, you don't get to decide who's a Cane Fan and who's not, as an Miami Alum, I'm more of a Cane Fan than you can ever hope to be. You can't change that. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

Remember Its an opinion board, a G.D. opinion board. Stop getting yourself all worked up over things you cannot control. Try to remember this isn't Cuba and that you're not a Dictator over me or anyone else on this board on what they can post.

You disagree? Fine, just remember that no one else except you cares or really gives a shtz,

I've found that the ignore button helps to ease any tensions that may arise. Use it, I will too

Last edited:
Advertisement
Let me get this straight.

You want attention ***** Kiffin, who never won anything before his one year at FAU.

A guy who has a 51-39 lifetime record as a head coach and hadn’t even won a single conference championship or even been to a single conference championship game before FAU.

He’s had one good year as a head coach prior to his “great” one-year success at FAU in a dreadful CUSA.

That’s the guy you want?

The guy with one good year at USC and one good year in the CUSA, a walking secondary NCAA violation, a barely .500 coach, and an untrustworthy flake.

Yea, that’s the guy.

He’s a good OC, but he needs to prove himself for 2-3 more years before he can be trusted to even be considered much less hired.

Last edited:

You want attention ***** Kiffin, who never won anything before his one year at FAU.

A guy who has a 51-39 record lifetime record as a head coach and hadn’t even won a single conference championship or even been to a single conference championship game before FAU.

He’s had one good year as a head coach prior to his “great” one-year success at FAU in a dreadful CUSA.

That’s the guy you want?

The guy with one good year at USC and one good year in the CUSA, a walking secondary NCAA violation, a barely .500 coach, and an untrustworthy flake.

Yea, that’s the guy.

He’s a good OC, but he needs to prove himself for 2-3 more years before he can be trusted to even be considered much less hired.
If Kiffen ever got close enough to UTK, those rednecks would put a noose on him, use him for a piñata, and them fill him full of buckshot.

Love what he is doing and have no desire for him to be fired. Hands down best season we have had in a decade. Like many of you have mentioned, there are personnel changes that might need to happen in the near future.

However, to answer your question I would want Matt Campbell. What he is doing at Iowa State is incredible; both on the field and in recruiting.

Advertisement
Personally I'm fine with CMR and feel that we're definitely headed in the right direction as fast as we can realistically go with the personnel and depth that we have. Getting the No.7 Recruiting Class only solidifys that assessment for me. But that's just my opinion

So just out of curiosity, for those who want him gone, who's better out there that you realistically think we could get??
Not him gone but would love for him to hire a experience OC...he is OK as the CEO

You can call out His shortcomings and don't want Him gone, the 2 don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Criticism comes with the territory when you're making $4M a year...can't take it don't take the check...simple.
Only $3MM last year, he donated $1MM back for the IPF. Now tell me who the F does that?

Advertisement
Since Miami is private and doesn't have to publish salaries, we have to make an educated guess:
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

I'd say less than Bud Foster at 950k but more than Ted Roof (GT) at 800k. 850k seems about right. If Manny is making 850k, Richt needs to look in the sofa cushions for another 150k and offer Bud Foster 1 million plus to be DC.

We do eventually produce them but they come out later in a form 990 and other financial statements.

Maybe Dapper is around to drop some additional knowledge.

Here is an old one: https://pp-990.s3.amazonaws.com/201...b4f9e187fa2726e199386ad696fcb2ba136141d35e688

Golden made $2,691,066 in that year.

A guy who has a 51-39 lifetime record as a head coach and hadn’t even won a single conference championship or even been to a single conference championship game before FAU.

That’s the guy you want?

Yea, that’s the guy.

Your post is a bit misleading:

Kiffin is 46-24 as a CFB head coach, which is about a 66 win percentage. From a macro perspective, taking into account no nuance, that's ok, but not elite (Richt bats at 73 percent). But also consider that he was extremely young and immature when taking the USC job (34) and USC was hammered with real sanctions (30 scholarships over 3 years), not the Al Golden 'cloud'. Overall though, coaches are hired who have proven way less. What was Muschamp's/Pruitt's/Smart's record before being hired? Taggart/Orgeron/Mullen? These are coaches that were obviously hired at big time college programs. Coaching searches are about projecting.

I'm with you on waiting and trust is the main issue. Who knows if he can sustain a working and productive relationship with any administration.

Advertisement
Not him gone but would love for him to hire a experience OC...he is OK as the CEO

I agree 100%

Just re-read the initial post. For the life of me, I do NOT understand why a simple question got so many panties twisted. If you "don't want him gone" then you don't him gone.

Amazing!!

Your post is a bit misleading:

Kiffin is 46-24 as a CFB head coach, which is about a 66 win percentage. From a macro perspective, taking into account no nuance, that's ok, but not elite (Richt bats at 73 percent). But also consider that he was extremely young and immature when taking the USC job (34) and USC was hammered with real sanctions (30 scholarships over 3 years), not the Al Golden 'cloud'. Overall though, coaches are hired who have proven way less. What was Muschamp's/Pruitt's/Smart's record before being hired? Taggart/Orgeron/Mullen? These are coaches that were obviously hired at big time college programs. Coaching searches are about projecting.

I'm with you on waiting and trust is the main issue. Who knows if he can sustain a working and productive relationship with any administration.

Nothing misleading in my post.

I stated his record as a head football coach. What’s misleading about that?

Nothing in my post was untrue.

He had one very good season at USC. That’s it, until FAU. The guy is a hype machine and has yet to prove he can effectively lead and win at a major P5 program, with the exception of one season. That’s a super high risk hire any way you look at it. We literally have people advocating for him as a head coach... they need to be slapped with this reality.

As an OC, yea, all day long. He’ll come in and do a good or even great job. And you’ll be able to tolerate him for a couple of years. Until you can’t.

Watch this fool.

His career will be what it always has been.

He’ll probably have another good season at FAU again. Some mid level P5 program will hire him to a lot of excitement.

The usual cast of CIS sycophants and bootlickers will moan and bltch why we didn’t hire this offensive genius. He’ll probably have one or two ok to good years at his new mid level P5 job, he’ll fūck it up again with his usual drama and bullshīt and either get fired or get forced to leave...rinse, repeat...it’s who he is

An immature overgrown entitled frat boy that can effectively organize an offense but can’t help stepping on his own dlck.

Advertisement
Nothing misleading in my post.

I stated his record as a head football coach. What’s misleading about that?

Nothing in my post was untrue.

He had one very good season at USC. That’s it, until FAU. The guy is a hype machine and has yet to prove he can effectively lead and win at a major P5 program, with the exception of one season. That’s a super high risk hire any way you look at it. We literally have people advocating for him as a head coach... they need to be slapped with this reality.

As an OC, yea, all day long. He’ll come in and do a good or even great job. And you’ll be able to tolerate him for a couple of years. Until you can’t.

Watch this fool.

His career will be what it always has been.

He’ll probably have another good season at FAU again. Some mid level P5 program will hire him to a lot of excitement.

The usual cast of CIS sycophants and bootlickers will moan and bltch why we didn’t hire this offensive genius. He’ll probably have one or two ok to good years at his new mid level P5 job, he’ll fūck it up again with his usual drama and bullshīt and either get fired or get forced to leave...rinse, repeat...it’s who he is

An immature overgrown entitled frat boy that can effectively organize an offense but can’t help stepping on his own dlck.

I say misleading, not untrue, because you're including his NFL record and the NFL is a totally different animal than CFB. Some coaches are cut out for one or the other, but very rarely for both, which is why I wouldn't include his days at the Raiders when evaluating him for a CFB head coaching position.

In regards to Lane and his future, I'm far more optimistic on him than you, but time will tell. He definitely was the 'hard to get along with' immature dramatic douche bag in his younger days, but people change. Based solely on his interviews, I think he possess a decent amount of self-awareness and recognizes how his own character defects contributed to his demise at USC. FAU is the first college job he'll be at for two years straight without any sanctions. I think his first year success at FAU is far more indicative of his ability as a head coach than his overall record.

Hilarious!

Its simple, I posted what I posted because I wanted to know. I stated my viewpoint as the originator. Its obvious you've never seen any of my other posts pulling those wild stupid assumptions outta your ***. You don't seem to know Jack! Its best to be able to comprehend what was written before attacking someone.

But hey, you are free to assume whatever you want. Anyway, you're not stopping me from posting whatever I wish as long as its within the rules of the board.

More importantly, you don't get to decide who's a Cane Fan and who's not, as an Miami Alum, I'm more of a Cane Fan than you can ever hope to be. You can't change that. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

Remember Its an opinion board, a G.D. opinion board. Stop getting yourself all worked up over things you cannot control. Try to remember this isn't Cuba and that you're not a Dictator over me or anyone else on this board on what they can post.

You disagree? Fine, just remember that no one else except you cares or really gives a shtz,

I've found that the ignore button helps to ease any tensions that may arise. Use it, I will too

That’s cute.

Advertisement
Back