For those of you wanting Richt gone..Who would you hire?

This.
For the people who are complaining.. if you actually read what they post it either they aren't happy with the play calling or the trends/trajectory on the defensive side of the ball from a overall field and recruiting standpoint because we've seen this type of complacency/excuses before. All those arguments are justifiable if you take your Canes shades off for 2 seconds and look at things objectively.

Please stop. Everything is perfect.

Advertisement
With all due respect, I would have been curious to know how many negs you would have had had the function still existed.

Advertisement
I dare you to critique Richt and the offense.

Will take some time to put data together and not sure exactly sure what you would like to see. Lot of statistical data could be boring to look at. If you watched all games the strengths and weaknesses should be pretty obvious.

Advertisement
Wanting Richt gone in year 3 is foolish, he's not getting fired from here ever. Richt will retire at Miami whenever he's finished. I'm happy with the job he's done thus far, but I do have higher expectations though.

I think we need an OC, but that's never going to happen, so I'll settle for another offensive coach that has actual experience, but that isn't going to happen either lol

On Defense, I might be one of the few still riding with Diaz & Banda, Rumph needs to go if he can't land Tyrique Stevenson, love Coach Kool as a teacher but he needs help in recruiting & vehemently disagree with Patke getting the 10th assistant job.

As far as the successor to Richt after he retires, doubt we could pull Gary Patterson or David Shaw from TCU & Stanford, but those would be my top 2 choices. Or, find a young upcoming X's & O's guru that Richt could hand the baton off to like Stoops did with Lincoln Riley.

Man, I'm with you most of the time and am not one who wants Mark gone but he does not have lifetime job here. This is The U not fsu or uga; 10-3 will not keep him here. I love this class and last year was exciting but closing out with 3 losses and then looking like loser on NSD is not the stuff of champions. Mark need to get rid of all the nole and dog in him and become the Cane he never really was. He is doing good but needs to do better.

Advertisement
No one of any sane, logical mind wants him gone...yet.

I give him 3 more years to at the very least win the ACC. Then we can start talking about getting rid of him if he doesn't.

His DC on the other hand... he is officially on notice in my book.

same here. He will get his type guys in here and the O will be fine, ready to see a more pro style with 2 back sets, we have the horses. Never understood the Diaz hire, fired from Texas loaded with talent, lb's went backwards this year, he cant scheme once they figure out his base D, hopefully he gets better and learns to play chess

Advertisement
Thanks for the fake outrage that nothing but 2018 troll accounts have posted.

Jury is still out on whether Richt took the Miami job to prove that he can win a championship or if it's a cushy semi-retirement. Hiring his son was a bit suspect, but Jon seems to be a pretty good recruiter. I want Richt to be ruthless with his staff. Rumph losing kids he used to coach is inexcusable, but if he makes up for being a bad recruiter by being an excellent coach, I'll accept that, but Richt needs to hire a Hartley on defense. I don't think Patke is that guy.

Whoever is in charge of overall recruiting though is a moron. Richt needs to replace that guy. There is no reason that Miami should be shorthanded in the front 7 on defense or scrambling at the end of the recruiting period to make up for losing two DTs to the draft.

I'm not so sure a new OC matters if he is just implementing Richt's same
offense. RPO is fine, but I don't think we'll put up video game numbers with that offense, which we'll need to make up for what I think will be a disappointing and leaky defense. I think we could put up crazy numbers with an Air Raid offense but I know that's not happening.

Advertisement
Back