Off-Topic Florida now has Michelin Guide

Advertisement
Nah...he's been the best for yrs.
He fell off pretty hard IMHO. I thought Per Se was decent but not the best. I have preffered Kostow's cooking to his in Napa for a long while. Dont get me wrong Ive had some memorable experiences at TFL and the guy is a living legend but I just dont think he is the best.

He fell off pretty hard IMHO. I thought Per Se was decent but not the best. I have preffered Kostow's cooking to his in Napa for a long while. Dont get me wrong Ive had some memorable experiences at TFL and the guy is a living legend but I just dont think he is the best.
taste is so subjective that it is a fruitless (no pun intended) exercise to determine who is best. keller is definitely up there, as are folks like dominique crenn and grant achatz.

my personal favorite right now is chef erick williams at virtue in chicago. food and service are always incredible.

taste is so subjective that it is a fruitless (no pun intended) exercise to determine who is best. keller is definitely up there, as are folks like dominique crenn and grant achatz.

my personal favorite right now is chef erick williams at virtue in chicago. food and service are always incredible.
I moved from Chi in 2019 to ****** Detroit but I used to frequent all the top spots in the city. Ive probably eaten at Alinea over 10 times same with Grace/Ever. You are correct on it being subjective but its still nice to compare notes with others. I do strongly believe that Kostow surpassed Keller in the mid 2010s and was putting out better food at Meadowood than Keller at TFL.

Advertisement
I moved from Chi in 2019 to ****** Detroit but I used to frequent all the top spots in the city. Ive probably eaten at Alinea over 10 times same with Grace/Ever. You are correct on it being subjective but its still nice to compare notes with others. I do strongly believe that Kostow surpassed Keller in the mid 2010s and was putting out better food at Meadowood than Keller at TFL.
detroit reference necessitates the obligatory shout-out to greene's hamburgers in farmington hills.

Best is stupid. How do you compare a guy like Keller to someone who makes badass kimchi and bibimbap? It’s almost as stupid of an exercise as the Beard Awards.

Chicago has some great spots… Monteverde, Publican, Avec, Girl and Goat.

His Twelve Meals of Christmas looked insane.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Where in South Florida isn't pricey?

D'accord, I use the word "pricey" when entrees cost $50+. Having said that, this restaurant did have a number of entrees and appetizers under $50, and again they were quite good.

Advertisement
Back